Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Witness Lee and the Lord's Recovery Movement

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
I distinctly remember that when I was an unbeliever I THOUGHT for certain I KNEW what was REALLY going on in people who said there is God.
Noted.

F

Moves
08 Nov 19

@sonship said
I distinctly remember that attitude - "Poor guys. They don't know what is going on in them. But I know. I understand what is REALLY going on in them."
Your stance in the past is duly noted.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
So if I am "upset" then you're off the hook huh?
I have been answering your questions regardless of whether my answers are upsetting you. When you ask a string of questions and then start to get pouty or facetious, the question arises as to whether you are getting upset. I have been fielding your queries regardless. I am not "on" any "hook" here, sonship.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
What difference does it make to the questions if I am upset or not upset?
When you get really ruffled, some of your questions get very off-target.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
How do you know no one knows God - agnostic ?
See what I have written about the verb "know".

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
I distinctly remember that when I was an unbeliever ...
I distinctly remember you vehemently denying that you had ever been an "unbeliever" when I mentioned the fact that you'd once said you were one.

It would seem it suits you right now, in this conversation, to say that you were once an "unbeliever" and then try to attribute to me some of the things that were true about you back then.

Years ago, lemonlime tried the same rhetorical gimmick.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 19
3 edits

@FMF

I distinctly remember you vehemently denying that you had ever been an "unbeliever" when I mentioned the fact that you'd once said you were one.

No you don't.

I may have said that I never was an Atheist and that I always believed that there was SOMETHING, even if it was a great giant cosmic question mark somewhere as big as the universe.

You may have also heard me say that I was a backslidder and virtually like one with amnesia for some years.

THAT you may have seen me write in the last decade or so.
You did not read me say vehemently deny I was an unbeliever.

It would seem it suits you right now, in this conversation, to say that you were once an "unbeliever" and then try to attribute to me some of the things that were true about you back then.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 19
3 edits

@FMF

We have experience with your memory and how it works around here.

I never denied I was an unbeliever. I always thought that there was SOME KIND of ultimate something. I did not know what or who or how.

But during those days, "God" was a word that meant everything or my ego or void or whatever depending on the time. I changed from morning to evening some days.

Forget about opening a Bible then.

The ONLY time in high school I thought to open a Bible was when I went to a Rock Mass and thought it was cool. The band that did it was called The Mind Garage. They have songs on Youtube still now.

So I arranged that my band would do one. We played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by the Iron Butterfly. The local clergy was glad I was so enthusiastic. But I had NO theological reasons for doing it.

It was for the self glory of my rock band I did it.

Oh, ONCE I opened up and read a few passages from the book of Isaiah. But I quickly closed it perplexed and baffled by what I read.

In College I pursued Zen for awhile. I pursued the Rosicrucians for a short while.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
We have experience with your memory and how it works around here.
The same can be said for you.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
I never denied I was an unbeliever. I always thought that there was SOME KIND of ultimate something. I did not know what or who or how. But during those days, "God" was a word that meant everything or my ego or void or whatever depending on the time. I changed from morning to evening some days. Forget about opening a Bible then. The ONLY time in high school I thought to op ...[text shortened]... by what I read. In College I pursued Zen for awhile. I pursued the Rosicrucians for a short while.
If you are seeking to project any of this onto me in any way, just say which bits.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 19
1 edit

@FMF

You do not remember me vehemently denying I was an unbeliever. Period.

Produce it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 19

@FMF

If you are seeking to project any of this onto me in any way, just say which bits.

Usual paranoia.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 19
2 edits

@sonship

Dasa, Trump, lemonlime ... anyone else you want to guilt by association me with ?

And YOU, the trick question crafter talking about rhetorical gimmicks? That's disgusting.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
@FMF

You do not remember me vehemently denying I was an unbeliever. Period.

Produce it.
I do remember the moment because I found it quite jarring and brazen. I am not going to look for it. If anyone thinks I am lying about you, so be it.

F

Moves
09 Nov 19

@sonship said
@sonship

Dasa, Trump, lemonlime ... anyone else you want to guilt by association me with ?

And YOU, the trick question crafter talking about rhetorical gimmicks? That's disgusting.
"Disgusting"?