1. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:061 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Do you believe Jesus, the Son of God, is the very same Person as the Father?
    Sonhsip has already answered you.....and I have encountered that question before......maybe Sonship will go for it....
  2. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:081 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Most of what you say is contradictory.

If for example you claim that you accept all Christians, and you dont believe in breaking up the Christian church, why is there a need to start another church separate and apart from the rest of the same Christians you claim you want to fellowship with?
    You see, that's what I said earlier....you'll have to figure it out what I was trying to explain.....As I said English is not my first language...
  3. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:13
    Most of what you say is contradictory.

If for example you claim that you accept all Christians, and you dont believe in breaking up the Christian church, why is there a need to start another church separate and apart from the rest of the same Christians you claim you want to fellowship with?
    Would you please quote what I said contradictory?....sorry for bad English
  4. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:18
    I will end this up... Perhaps Sonship will clarify this out...Sorry for that Sonship... or whoever you are..... bye
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:474 edits
    How much did sonship pay you to join RHP yesterday just to post in support of his cult doctrine ?
    I have not paid anyone to do anything.
    I have not consulted with this dear brother.
    Nor have I arranged anything in private concerning this thread.

I never met the brother. I am happy to meet his acquaintance.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:521 edit
    Originally posted by Kevin Lee Poracan
    Hello everyone!

I'm new to this thread which I found this to be interesting. I'm from the Philippines, the church where I belong is at the church in Dipolog City. So, I'm not that good in English at all. Please, if ever I make mistakes or some of my sentences are contradictory or ironic. Hope you will all understand what I was trying to explain ...[text shortened]... low heirs and fellow members of the Body and fellow partakers of the promise through the gospel,
    Grettings brother Keven Lee Poraca. Greetings to the church in Dipolog City.

I am meeting with the church in Dunn Loring VA, USA.
    Thank you for your extensive labors to contribute some fellowship here.

I will take up more of the fellowship as I get opportunity.
    Thank God for His move in the Philippines.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 17:573 edits
    Sonhsip has already answered you.....and I have encountered that question before......maybe Sonship will go for it....
    RJHinds asks

You could certainly say that. However use of the word "Person" has its limitations.

You could say the Father and the Son are two distinct "persons".
    Or you could say that the Son is the "person" of the Father and vica versa.

But I would do so in EITHER case with an understanding that human language is limited. And pressing the word "Person" too far could well lead to a misunderstanding.

And Brother Kevin is right that I have repeated this explanation a number of times and refered to Bible teachers of other ages and contemporary times who say essentially a similar thing.

I would advise all Bible believers -
    Borrow the word "Person".
    Borrow "Persons" if you wish.
    Do not make their usage as a litmus test for orthodoxy.

What I believe is Isaiah 9:6.
  8. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 18:191 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    RJHinds asks

You could certainly say that. However use of the word "Person" has its limitations.

You could say the Father and the Son are two distinct "persons".
    Or you could say that the Son is the "person" of the Father and vica versa.

But I wou ...[text shortened]... Do not make their usage as a litmus test for orthodoxy.

What I believe is [b]Isaiah 9:6
    .[/b]
    Brother Sonship, a man name Justyn from the Bereans Apologetics Research Ministry a counter-cult in the Philippines, asked me (through Facebook) concerning this?

Do you believe Jesus and the Spirit are one Person?

He based this from the Organism of the Triune God in the Organic Union of His Divine Trinity, brother Lee unfolds,

“Our organic union with the Lord is also in the Spirit. Christ and the Spirit are not two separate persons. They are one person. This is a divine mystery that is beyond human understanding. Christ is the Spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45b; 2 Cor. 3:17)” [p. 21, Nov. 1988].
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 18:44
    RJHinds asked YOU a question. How could another person answer the question about what you believe.

Are you and sonship the same person. It appears that way.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 19:54
    Brother Sonship, a man name Justyn from the Bereans Apologetics Research Ministry a counter-cult in the Philippines, asked me (through Facebook) concerning this?

Do you believe Jesus and the Spirit are one Person?

He based this from the Organism of the Triune God in the Organic Union of His Divine Trinity, brother Lee unfolds,

“Our org ...[text shortened]... ond human understanding. Christ is the Spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45b; 2 Cor. 3:17)” [p. 21, Nov. 1988].
    “Our organic union with the Lord is also in the Spirit. Christ and the Spirit are not two separate persons. They are one person. This is a divine mystery that is beyond human understanding. Christ is the Spirit. (1 Cor. 15:45b; 2 Cor. 3:17)” [p. 21, Nov. 1988].

I endorse the statment. And for me the most important word phrase is [/i] not two separate[/i] persons.

I would go along with a answer that said the Lord and the Spirit are one Person. And I would go along with a reply that the Lord and the Spirit are two distinct persons who are not separate.

Either way of expressing this profound matter of "Now the Lord is the Spirit" (2 Cor. 3:17) I believe is adequate.

Sometimes in my prayer life I definitely treat the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit as two "Persons". I may ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for me to the Lord or to the Father.

I may treat the Lord and the Holy Spirit individually. This is for the building of my own faith. It is not because God is confused. It is not because One of the Three does not know who it is I intend to address. Such a thought as this is ridiculous.

I sometimes purposely think of the distinction between Father and Son or Son and Holy Spirit for the building up of my own faith.

And why should I not consider them as Two or Three? For the Scripture says -

" ... and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

That's Two joined with the conjunction "and".

And like the above - " ... we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." (1 John 2:1b)

And this Advocate, this Paraclete is the Holy Spirit (John 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7)

So I may think of and pray to my advantage to the Holy Spirit Who knows the depths of God - " ... for the Spirit of God searches all things, even the depths of God." (1 Cor. 2:10) And again " ... the things of God also no one has known except the Spirit of God." (1 Cor. 2:11).

God is three-one utterly for our benefit in participating in His eternal purpose.

There is never any discord or disharmony in the Trinity. Just to think on Their utter oneness and one accord strengthens me. His oneness is the oneness of the Body of Christ. There is never any jealousy or rivalry among the Three of the Triune God.

And that mysterious and divine life is dispensed into all of us children of God. We are no longer "alienated from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18)

So at different times I may meditate or pray to God in any way which builds up my faith.
  11. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 22:18
    I just read a book called The Triune God in Christian Thought and Experience by James A. Fowler, on pages 59 and 60 which is my very favorite part:

I share with you a conversation I had with a friend with whom I had numerous theological conversations. In fact, I spent hundreds of hours visiting with him on the telephone. His name was James Seward, and he too has now graduated to glory. He had read and meticulously combed through almost everything that I had written

On more than one occasion he said to me, “Jim Fowler, you seem to be referring to the indwelling Christ, the living Lord Jesus within you, and the Holy Spirit in you, as if they were the same thing, the same reality. You seem to be using “Christ in you” as if it were equivalent to the Holy Spirit in our spirit.”

I replied, “Yes... and your point is ...”

Jim Seward continued, “I am concerned that you are not preserving the distinction between the Son and the Spirit; that you are not maintaining the
    “threeness” of the Godhead.”

I replied, “Huummm...

“I, on the other hand, am concerned that you (Jim Seward) are not preserving the unity of the Son and the Holy Spirit; that you are not maintaining the functional “Oneness” of the Godhead.” “You seem to want to emphasize that the Son and the Spirit are separate individuals, or separate gods almost.”

“As I understand it, the Son and the Spirit are NOT different individuals, even though they are distinct Persons. The Son and the Spirit are NOT separate, but they do have distinct functions The Son and the Spirit are united in their essential Being as God. It is quite legitimate to refer to one Person of the Godhead in the same manner as the other two, for they are never present or functioning without the other divine Persons.

“So, you are correct, Mr. Seward, in your observations that when I make reference to the living “Christ,” for example, in the phrase “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27), I am thinking of the entirety of the Triune God, Father, Son, and HS, the indwelling of the tri-­personal God within one’s spirit. I have no intention or desire to separate the Son from the Father or the Spirit. When I refer to Jesus Christ, it is always in the context of Trinity. The Father, the Son and the Spirit are three Persons in ONE relational Being. Reference to the Persons of the Godhead can be made interchangeably because they are coinherent and consubstantial within the singular, relational divine Being. They are capable of distinction, but not separation. They do not act independently, but always conjunctively and simultaneously.
  12. Joined
    22 Jul '14
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 22:35
    RJHinds asked YOU a question. How could another person answer the question about what you believe.

Are you and sonship the same person. It appears that way.
    Try to check my name in Facebook. You will see that I am not Sonship...... He's from the USA and I'm from the Philippines.....My English is too poor unlike his
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 23:02
    Try to check my name in Facebook. You will see that I am not Sonship...... He's from the USA and I'm from the Philippines.....My English is too poor unlike his
    Watchman Nee
    Witness Lee
    Kevin Lee ??!!

Whats with the rhyming names business. Are you people for real?
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 23:23
    I just read a book called The Triune God in Christian Thought and Experience by James A. Fowler, on pages 59 and 60 which is my very favorite part:

I share with you a conversation I had with a friend with whom I had numerous theological conversations. In fact, I spent hundreds of hours visiting with him on the telephone. His name was James Sewar ...[text shortened]... but not separation. They do not act independently, but always conjunctively and simultaneously.
    “As I understand it, the Son and the Spirit are NOT different individuals, even though they are distinct Persons."

They are distinct, but not different?

Irrational
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '14 01:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]“As I understand it, the Son and the Spirit are NOT different individuals, even though they are distinct Persons."

They are distinct, but not different?

Irrational[/b]
    Difficult to explain by all accounts by Christians down through the centuries.

But He is not that difficult to receive and experience, thankfully.

How's your Philippino now that you've sized up his English as a second language?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree