1. S. Korea
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 04:51
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    We agree then. Faith and Works is the real thing.
    Faith alone is dead.
    Works is where we probably disagree.

Seeing that there are so many billions of people, we know that not everyone can manage both faith and works. The qustion is who do you think will fare better in the end? Is it someone who comes to Christ with dead faith or someone with works alone and no knowledge of God or Christ?
    If it is completely dead faith, I do not know., I have always heard that if you truly believe something then you have to make efforts in that direction.

But to be faithless, but have works, suffices for absolutely nothing.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 05:08
    We agree then. Faith and Works is the real thing.
    Faith alone is dead.
    Works is where we probably disagree.

Seeing that there are so many billions of people, we know that not everyone can manage both faith and works. The qustion is who do you think will fare better in the end? Is it someone who comes to Christ with dead faith or someone with works alone and no knowledge of God or Christ?
    <The qustion is who do you think will fare better in the end? Is it someone who comes to Christ with dead faith or someone with works alone and no knowledge of God or Christ?>

Obviously the former as good works are not a requirement for salvation - only faith in Christ is.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 06:39
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    <The qustion is who do you think will fare better in the end? Is it someone who comes to Christ with dead faith or someone with works alone and no knowledge of God or Christ?>

Obviously the former as good works are not a requirement for salvation - only faith in Christ is.
    are you an authority on anything?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 06:44
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    are you an authority on anything?
    I’d say I’m learned about some subjects but an authority? No, I wouldn’t say that.
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 09:25
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Thanks, but it's my reactor core that's leaking.
    Gulp. Sorry sir, fully booked up this month...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 09:25
    I’d say I’m learned about some subjects....
    Which subjects?
    For example...
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 09:41
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Which subjects?
    For example...
    Well, Christianity for starters. Specific musicians, American politics, probably a few others I’m not recalling at the moment.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 09:46
    Well, Christianity for starters. Specific musicians, American politics, probably a few others I’m not recalling at the moment.
    Wow, that’s quite a haul, good to have you here.

You should consider taking your learnedness in American politics over to the debates forum, they could do with some of your insights I’m sure.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 09:48
    Wow, that’s quite a haul, good to have you here.

You should consider taking your learnedness in American politics over to the debates forum, they could do with some of your insights I’m sure.
    I may do that down the road a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 19:20
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    If it is completely dead faith, I do not know., I have always heard that if you truly believe something then you have to make efforts in that direction.

But to be faithless, but have works, suffices for absolutely nothing.
    Can you show where from the teachings of Jesus Christ you find this doctrine?

But to be faithless, but have works, suffices for absolutely nothing

Thank you
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '18 20:18
    I may do that down the road a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion.
    You’re welcome.

Do me a favour, let me know when you decide to post in there...I could do with a good laugh.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 02:14
    You’re welcome.

Do me a favour, let me know when you decide to post in there...I could do with a good laugh.
    Troll on, amigo!
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 02:20
    Can you show where from the teachings of Jesus Christ you find this doctrine?

But to be faithless, but have works, suffices for absolutely nothing

Thank you
    Good works are a manifestation of someone who is saved, not a requirement to be saved. Do you understand the difference? The Bible is clear that salvation is by faith in Christ alone.

And the good works that one does *after* one is saved is due to God’s Holy Spirit indwelling and leading them.

Tell me how many good works do you have to do to be saved? If someone comes to a saving belief and faith in Christ a short time before they die, before they had the opportunity to do any good works, are they saved?

Are you aware of all the times Jesus Christ said salvation was by faith in Him alone?

Are you aware of all the times Paul, who wrote a majority of the New Testament, said that?

Why does John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 not mention good works as being necessary for salvation?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 11:17
    Good works are a manifestation of someone who is saved, not a requirement to be saved. Do you understand the difference? The Bible is clear that salvation is by faith in Christ alone.

And the good works that one does *after* one is saved is due to God’s Holy Spirit indwelling and leading them.

Tell me how many good works do you have to do to be sav ...[text shortened]... ?

Why does John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 not mention good works as being necessary for salvation?
    References.. got any ?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Feb '18 15:52
    References.. got any ?
    Yeah, we’ve gone over this before. I’ll be happy to post the references again, but first address the questions in the last four paragraphs as I’ve asked those numerous times and have yet to receive a response.

“To get squares, ya gotta give squares.” - Bobby Fischer

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree