1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 23:16
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    3) Be saved through grace
    4) Receive Holy Spirit
    5) Do good works (follow Jesus), with the help of the Holy Spirit

This is likely the correct way to do good works?

Note: atheists would claim they can do #5 without the need of God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

It has been suggested that doing genuine good works is not possible without the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Comments?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    20 Jun '18 23:50
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    4) Receive Holy Spirit

Note: atheists would claim they can do #5 without the need of God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

It has been suggested that doing genuine good works is not possible without the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Comments?
    I agree with those.

But with someone not believing in God are they really doing good works? What’s the reason behind what they’re doing?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 00:07
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    ...with someone not believing in God are they really doing good works? What’s the reason behind what they’re doing?
    If you have to ask this and genuinely can't deduce the reasons yourself from observing people [without your religious beliefs] going about their lives, then I wonder if your religious beliefs have deprived you of a pretty significant chunk of your common humanity.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 00:47
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    4) Receive Holy Spirit

Comments?
    The correct way to do good works is to just do it and shut up about it. Resist all the attempts of false Christians on this site who harass you to tell them what you do. Just tell them its none of their business. God rewards all those who do their good works secretly and without informing anyone.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 00:48
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you have to ask this and genuinely can't deduce the reasons yourself from observing people [without your religious beliefs] going about their lives, then I wonder if your religious beliefs have deprived you of a pretty significant chunk of your common humanity.
    Clearly he has no compassion in his heart.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:121 edit
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    4) Receive Holy Spirit

Comments?
    Yes, Jesus came and after He did, He sent the Holy Spirit to us.

John 3:6
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 6:63
    It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Romans 8:9
    You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Galatians 5:17
    For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:20
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    I agree with those.

But with someone not believing in God are they really doing good works? What’s the reason behind what they’re doing?
    The concept of doing good was nonexistent before Christ... I got it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 01:47
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    The concept of doing good was nonexistent before Christ... I got it.
    It really seems that you believe one can do good works without a belief in God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit....AND without guidance from the Bible.

Am I right or wrong with that perception?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:06
    It really seems that you believe one can do good works without a belief in God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit....AND without guidance from the Bible.

Am I right or wrong with that perception?
    I believe?? Its in the Bible. The knowledge of good and evil is in all men from the time of Adam. Where do people get the idea that nobody could do good works or live righteously.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:09
    I believe?? Its in the Bible. The knowledge of good and evil is in all men from the time of Adam. Where do people get the idea that nobody could do good works or live righteously.
    For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:13
    "Is in all men from the time of Adam".

Given by God.

So, therefore God is involved with the good works of men, and not men alone?

Again, atheists would disagree with you, and this contradicts what you've been saying about Ghost getting into Heaven.

Right?
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:16
    "Is in all men from the time of Adam".

Given by God.

So, therefore God is involved with the good works of men, and not men alone?

Again, atheists would disagree with you, and this contradicts what you've been saying about Ghost getting into Heaven.

Right?
    All of mankind is capable of good works.
    Who is responsible God will judge
    Whether it is done with love or for selfish reasons, God is the judge of that.

I never said anyone goes to heaven.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:16
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    What does that have to do with what I said?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:23
    All of mankind is capable of good works.
    Who is responsible God will judge
    Whether it is done with love or for selfish reasons, God is the judge of that.

I never said anyone goes to heaven.
    Okay, I will rephrase.

In your view, is the 'belief' in God necessary to do good works?

This question has been argued in numerous threads, so I'm curious what you think.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:48
    Okay, I will rephrase.

In your view, is the 'belief' in God necessary to do good works?

This question has been argued in numerous threads, so I'm curious what you think.
    No

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree