1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 02:57
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    What does that have to do with what I said?
    "these are opposed to each other"
    Without the Spirit of God the natural man opposes the Spirit of God, there will be nothing He
    can do with exception of turning to God that will please Him.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:03
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    "these are opposed to each other"
    Without the Spirit of God the natural man opposes the Spirit of God, there will be nothing He
    can do with exception of turning to God that will please Him.
    And you know who has the Spirit of God and who does not
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:05
    No
    Okay, you think belief in God is not a requirement.

But, as Kelly is pointing out, the Spirit of God is necessary.

Do you think that "unbelievers" have the Spirit of God? Even though they would deny it.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:08
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Okay, you think belief in God is not a requirement.

But, as Kelly is pointing out, the Spirit of God is necessary.

Do you think that "unbelievers" have the Spirit of God? Even though they would deny it.
    KJ is kinda stupid. The bible says the light of Christ is in all men
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:19
    You are in agreement with Kelly, by saying "the light of Christ is in all men".

An atheist would disagree with both of you, because they don't need any help from Jesus to do good works.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 03:25
    2 Corinthians 4:6
    For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:4
    In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

What good is the light in all men if some are blinded to it?
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 04:33
    KJ is kinda stupid.
    Well. I do prefer the ESV, but I wouldn't go that far. Sheesh. What's gotten into you lately.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 06:091 edit
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    3) Be saved through grace
    4) Receive Holy Spirit
    5) Do good works (follow Jesus), with the help of the Holy Spirit

This is likely the correct way to do good works?

Note: atheists would claim they can do #5 without the need of God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

It has been suggested that doing genuine good works is not possible without the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Comments?
    Have you decided yet if you are, aren’t or always have been, or always haven’t been a Christian?
  9. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:01
    1) Believe in God
    2) Believe in Jesus
    3) Be saved through grace
    4) Receive Holy Spirit
    5) Do good works (follow Jesus), with the help of the Holy Spirit

This is likely the correct way to do good works?

Note: atheists would claim they can do #5 without the need of God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

It has been suggested that doing genuine good works is not possible without the aid of the Holy Spirit.

Comments?
    Surely all that is required for good works is open heartedness rather than doctrinal conformity.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:17
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Have you decided yet if you are, aren’t or always have been, or always haven’t been a Christian?
    I feel that I'm a Christian now, and have always been a Christian.

I've let the issue of the Trinity cause doubts and questions with my faith, but at the end of the day, I believe Jesus died for me.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:26

I've let the issue of the Trinity cause doubts and questions with my faith, but at the end of the day, I believe Jesus died for me.
    If you read the teachings of Christ, you digest them, understand the commandments, and follow them as best as you can, you will be fine. Stay away from the church types that like to promote doctrines which are not clearly stated in the Bible. They are dangerous. They have now reached the point where they are professing their own salvation by just mouthing the words of faith.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 10:42

Well good for you. Then in that case you most certainly are a Christian.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:38
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Well. I do prefer the ESV, but I wouldn't go that far. Sheesh. What's gotten into you lately.
    Lately?

He's been like this as long as I've been here.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:412 edits
    If you read the teachings of Christ, you digest them, understand the commandments, and follow them as best as you can, you will be fine. Stay away from the church types that like to promote doctrines which are not clearly stated in the Bible. They are dangerous. They have now reached the point where they are professing their own salvation by just mouthing the words of faith.
    To chaney3:

Don't listen to the judging hater.

Go invest in a personal copy of the Bible, OT and NT. (Doesn't have to be KJV, I'd recommend NIV.)

Find a local church that believes what you believe and try to attend weekly.

It will give you a new perspective, focusing on love, and the Word, rather than judging and hate. Chances are that you will also find ways to help your community.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '18 11:461 edit
    The correct way to do good works is to just do it and shut up about it. Resist all the attempts of false Christians on this site who harass you to tell them what you do. Just tell them its none of their business. God rewards all those who do their good works secretly and without informing anyone.
    If good works and good works alone could save people and people were able to do enough of them to save themselves there would have been no need for Jesus to die on the cross. Works alone cannot save you. I don’t expect you to get this though...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree