1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:351 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    this is a discussion about a Biblical text, if you wish to proffer an opinion on the rendering of that text then please do so, your inability to address the matter at hand is rather reminiscent of your fellow Christians inability to form coherent and rational arguments, this has nothing to do with Jehovahs witnesses and the need to resort to introduc ...[text shortened]... s people from accepting these facts is religious bias, if they fess up ill honour their honesty.
    So in other words, you asked the question knowing that you thought you knew the answer and then would bash people over the head who disagreed with you.

Ok then, carry on.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:361 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So in other words, you asked the question knowing that you thought you knew the answer and then would bash people over the head who disagreed with you.

Ok then, carry on.
    I have exposed religious bias, is that not a good thing? again you have made no comment regarding the actual text we have been discussing, why not?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:371 edit
    I have exposed religious bias, is that not a good thing? again you have made no comment regarding the actual text we have been discussing, why not?
    Don't ask me, ask the Watchtower.

God help me if I answer wrong.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:40
    You are correct its pointless to ask you for you seem incapable of rational thought, it has nothing to do with the watchtower and bible tract society, its about a translation and a rendering of a Biblical text, how you could not know that is quite bewildering.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:411 edit

God help me if I answer wrong.
    all you have to do is fess up, yes the text is to be rendered worship because i believe that Jesus is God and should be worshipped.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 14:523 edits
    You are correct its pointless to ask you for you seem incapable of rational thought, it has nothing to do with the watchtower and bible tract society, its about a translation and a rendering of a Biblical text, how you could not know that is quite bewildering.
    Rational thought?

You say that Jesus created us, but somehow he is not our God? 🙄

And yes, I would prostrate myself before Jesus to worship him, as where you would not. Instead, you would probably say, "How's it going Mike?"
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 15:012 edits
    Rational thought?

You say that Jesus created us, but somehow he is not our God? 🙄

And yes, I would prostrate myself before Jesus to worship him, as where you would not.
    the Bible says that Jesus is created, Colossians 1:15 says that he is the frstborn of all creation, i did not author or write that verse Paul did, so either I believe the Bible when it states that Jesus is part of the creation or I believe you who says that he is not.

Now while i don't doubt your integrity nor your sincerity i don't think you would claim to be inspired of God, at least not yet, so I am afraid its the Bible for me Whoders.

Now the question is this whoders, we now know that its not possible to be in a mental state of reverence and to harbour doubt at the same time, would you therefore let your religious bias impose itself on scripture and render proskuneó (to bow down, prostrate oneself etc) as worship because its used in connection with Jesus or would you try to harmonise the verse?

I only worship the father whoders and i should not be made to feel ashamed because of it.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 15:09
    the Bible says that Jesus is created, Colossians 1:15 says that he is the frstborn of all creation, i did not author or write that verse Paul did, so either I believe the Bible when it states that Jesus is part of the creation or I believe you who says that he is not.

Now while i don't doubt your integrity nor your sincerity i don't think you woul ...[text shortened]... se?

I only worship the father whoders and i should not be made to feel ashamed because of it.
    Yes, Jesus was born. You got us all there Robbie.

How silly of me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 15:201 edit
    Yes, Jesus was born. You got us all there Robbie.

How silly of me.
    the verse does not just say he was born whodey, it says he was first born of all creation, how you could fail to comprehend this is rather worrying.
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 16:011 edit
    all the disciples were in an act of worship and why they were all doubting, which makes absolutely no sense for you cannot be in a mental state of reverence and doubt at the same time, what absolute nonsense.

your personal insults and inability to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.
    Do you know the difference between "some" and "all"? Just go back to your OP!

When you are pushed into a corner, you suddenly bring out a new translation which says ALL worshiped and ALL doubted.

🙄

Btw, your comment about insults is rather funny - just go back in this very thread and re-read some of the things you say!

😠

CJ opting out of this ridiculous thread.....
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Do you know the difference between "some" and "all"? Just go back to your OP!

When you are pushed into a corner, you suddenly bring out a new translation which says ALL worshiped and ALL doubted.

🙄

Btw, your comment about insults is rather funny - just go back in this very thread and re-read some of the things you say!

😠

CJ opting out of this ridiculous thread.....
    what is it about 'there is nothing in the original language to suggest that only some were doubtful', that you do not understand?

Ah I see you prefer to runway rather than face the truth, ok, have a pleasant day.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 16:54
    what is it about 'there is nothing in the original language to suggest that only some were doubtful', that you do not understand?

Ah I see you prefer to runway rather than face the truth, ok, have a pleasant day.
    This has been another episode of church chat.

Now put your hands on your hips, and strut across the room.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:04
    The eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them. When they saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted - Matthew 28:16,17 New American Bible

The New American Bible gives an accurate translation of the number or percentage that doubted and apparently it was all of them for there is nothing in the original text t ...[text shortened]... to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.
    your personal insults and inability to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.

Says you of all people. You couldn't make it up.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:13
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]your personal insults and inability to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.

Says you of all people. You couldn't make it up.[/b]
    😀
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '14 17:151 edit
    This has been another episode of church chat.

Now put your hands on your hips, and strut across the room.
    strut? am i a rooster that i should strut around? may that never be so!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree