Worship and doubt

Worship and doubt

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Feb 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so you are saying that the disciples of Christ were faking it? Wow
Of course they were faking it. After all, who worships a created being?

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Of course they were faking it. After all, who worships a created being?
Indeed who does? oh wait that would be whodey, wuzzianne, Jonah Hinds, the jeester and not to mention jaywill and caljust and all nominal Christians. Just how you manage to mentally demonstrate reverence and doubt at the same time must be down to the magical effect that Jesus effects upon scripture. How else are we to account for it?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
04 Feb 14

Indeed who does? oh wait that would be whodey, wuzzianne, Jonah Hinds, the jeester and not to mention jaywill and caljust and all nominal Christians. Just how you manage to mentally demonstrate reverence and doubt at the same time must be down to the magical effect that Jesus effects upon scripture. How else are we to account for it?
Seriously robbie, neither I nor any of the "nominal" Christians you named have any doubt whatsoever as to who Jesus is.

The text reads the way it does for a reason. Apparently you can't cipher that out, so you resort to labeling as well as a preconceived argument.

You exhibit all the symptoms of a person in denial.

You are the one who doubts.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 14
2 edits

Originally posted by josephw
Seriously robbie, neither I nor any of the "nominal" Christians you named have any doubt whatsoever as to who Jesus is.

The text reads the way it does for a reason. Apparently you can't cipher that out, so you resort to labeling as well as a preconceived argument.

You exhibit all the symptoms of a person in denial.

You are the one who doubts.
You can howl all you like into the twilight, the little caravan trundles on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Feb 14

Jesus turned water into fine wine.

Moves
05 Feb 14

...your personal insults and inability to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum befitting a Christian will be ignored, this time.
You must have been laughing your ass off when you typed this, right?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
05 Feb 14

I guarantee you this Robbie if Jesus came to you in all of His Glory you would fall flat on your face in fear ( as all of us would ) Jesus knocked Paul (Saul) on His Duff ........

Acts 9

it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” 5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting

Manny

rc

Moves
05 Feb 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You must have been laughing your ass off when you typed this, right?
I cannot deny that it raised a smile

rc

Moves
05 Feb 14

Originally posted by menace71
I guarantee you this Robbie if Jesus came to you in all of His Glory you would fall flat on your face in fear ( as all of us would ) Jesus knocked Paul (Saul) on His Duff ........

Acts 9

it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; 4 and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul ...[text shortened]... ” 5 And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting

Manny
No doubt, but I have absolute confidence that he would not require me to worship him.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 14

No doubt, but I have absolute confidence that he would not require me to worship him.
But how about doing the obese to Him?

rc

Moves
05 Feb 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
But how about doing the obese to Him?
you want me to show him my BMI?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Feb 14
1 edit

you want me to show him my BMI?
Jesus has the power to raise your body from the dead and save your soul from Hellfire and you say you would not worship Him for that?

rc

Moves
05 Feb 14
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Jesus has the power to raise your body from the dead and save your soul from Hellfire and you say you would not worship Him for that?
Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

The words of Jesus I believe.

Look how your inability to think rationally has clouded your mind to such an extent that you are even willing to push aside the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, may he have mercy on you for that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
06 Feb 14
2 edits

Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

The words of Jesus I believe.

Look how your inability to think rationally has clouded your mind to such an extent that you are even willing to push aside the words of the Lord Jesus Christ, may he have mercy on you for that.
Most Christians believe the one you call Jehovah was the pre-incarnate Jesus because of the rest of scripture. Jesus was pointing out that Satan was not God and should not be worshipped. Jesus never said, "Don't worship Me."

Moves
06 Feb 14

I cannot deny that it raised a smile
*whoosh...