WTF!

WTF!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
What if Jesus turned the sick people into apples?
For gods sake people, this is simple arithmetic.

I'll try again...
If Abraham has 4 sons, and sacrifices two of them because a talking burning bush told him to, how many sons would Abraham have left?

D

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
14 Mar 06

Jesus doesn't teabag; he potato sacks. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

S

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
For gods sake people, this is simple arithmetic.

I'll try again...
If Abraham has 4 sons, and sacrifices two of them because a talking burning bush told him to, how many sons would Abraham have left?

D
None because the other two would see the glory of god in his actions and leave their earthly father to follow their heavenly one.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
Jesus doesn't teabag; he potato sacks. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
As long as he's not a SANDBAGGER!

N

The sky

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Starrman
None because the other two would see the glory of god in his actions and leave their earthly father to follow their heavenly one.
But God would give him ten new and better ones because he was faithful.

S

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
But God would give him ten new and better ones because he was faithful.
Yes, but he'd have to plant them in the ground first wouldn't he?

N

The sky

Moves
14 Mar 06

Yes, but he'd have to plant them in the ground first wouldn't he?
Well yes, but they are already persons with souls and all while they are still in the earth.

S

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Well yes, but they are already persons with souls and all while they are still in the earth.
But are they functioning members of the human race, deserving of all the rights accordingly expeected by such a designate? Or is their earthly slumber in some way a detraction of their status?

Cape Town

Moves
14 Mar 06

Oh dear me, what is happening to the world?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4793198.stm
From the website:
Students should be taught how scientific controversies can arise from different ways of interpreting empirical evidence (for example Darwin's theory of evolution).

This is actually untrue. Creationists do not interpret evidence differently from scientists. They manipulate the evidence to fit thier beliefs. Strangely enough I dont think they even believe thier own hypothesis, but rather wish to shed doubt on anything contradicting the Bible.

Oh dear me, what is happening to the world?
Nothing much is new, as usual almost all decision makers do not understand the subjects that they are making decisions about. This is simply because the skills required to get into a position of decision making (Usually political skills) are very different from the skills required for making good decisions.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
As long as he's not a SANDBAGGER!
I figured that one would go right over everyone's head...

s

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
I figured that one would go right over everyone's head...
You figured wrong. It would lay heavy before our feet.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
"If Jesus had 2 apples, and god gave him 3 apples, how many apples would Jesus have?"
Since Jesus is part of the Godhead, according to Trinitarians, then he's just giving apples to himself.

He starts with 2 apples:
Gives one to himself: +1-1
Gives a second one to himself: +1-1
Gives a third one to himself: +1-1

= 2 apples.

QED

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
15 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
From the website:
[b]Students should be taught how scientific controversies can arise from different ways of interpreting empirical evidence (for example Darwin's theory of evolution).

This is actually untrue. Creationists do not interpret evidence differently from scientists. They manipulate the evidence to fit thier beliefs. Strangely enough I d ...[text shortened]... sually political skills) are very different from the skills required for making good decisions.[/b]
One man's interpretation is another man's manipulation. Your choice of words pretty much begs the question.

I really don't understand how this insistence on keeping science and religion separate came about. If you go back a couple of centuries, theology was regarded as a form of science. It only seems to be atheists who want the two fields kept utterly separate.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by twhitehead
From the website:
[b]Students should be taught how scientific controversies can arise from different ways of interpreting empirical evidence (for example Darwin's theory of evolution).

This is actually untrue. Creationists do not interpret evidence differently from scientists. They manipulate the evidence to fit thier beliefs. Strangely enough I d ...[text shortened]... sually political skills) are very different from the skills required for making good decisions.[/b]
Ad hominem and a shameless, lame strawman.

S

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Ad hominem and a shameless, lame strawman.
Are you turning into ivanhoe?

Besides, I'm not sure you're right, I've certianly seen actions from creationists which would support his post.