Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
AKA Trolling.
You certainly know about that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
Psychologically speaking, this sounds bogus. Where did you pick up this [self-serving] assertion from?
It makes perfect sense.

If you do something wrong and think your earthly father is mad at you, do you avoid him?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
It makes perfect sense.If you do something wrong and think your earthly father is mad at you, do you avoid him?
No. Not at all. You'd redouble your resolve. If you really thought Jesus died a painful death, for you, you would surely redouble your resolve, right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, is the effect of you being upset online stronger than the effect of "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" on you?
The influence God’s Holy Spirit has on a believer is directly related, imo, to how much that believer is communing with God through His Word and prayer.

It can vary day to day for sure. If one neglects the things of the Spirit, one will not walk in the Spirit.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
No. Not at all. You'd redouble your resolve. If you really thought Jesus died a painful death, for you, you would surely redouble your resolve, right?
Self effort never works when it comes to keeping the commandments. It didn’t work in the Old Testament and it doesn’t work now.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The influence God’s Holy Spirit has on a believer is directly related, imo, to how much that believer is communing with God through His Word and prayer.It can vary day to day for sure. If one neglects the things of the Spirit, one will not walk in the Spirit.
Just to be clear, you are conceding that the effect of you feeling angry online is psychologically stronger than the psychological effect of "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit", is that right?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Self effort never works when it comes to keeping the commandments.
So when you "sin", you don't redouble your resolve to avoid "sin" thereafter?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
Just to be clear, you are conceding that the effect of you feeling angry online is psychologically stronger than the psychological effect of "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit", is that right?
No, it’s not.

I suggest you read what I wrote over again. That’s not what I said at all and I’m not interested in typing it over again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
So when you "sin", you don't redouble your resolve to avoid "sin" thereafter?
Correct.

I redouble my effort to get into God’s Word and prayer because that’s how one avoids sin.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Correct.
If you "sin", you "sin", nothing you can do about it, is that what you mean?

You can just attribute your "sin" to the effect of "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" not being strong enough on that occasion, have I got it right?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
No, it’s not.I suggest you read what I wrote over again. That’s not what I said at all and I’m not interested in typing it over again.
OK, I'll try again. You are claiming that the effect of you feeling angry online is sometimes psychologically stronger than the psychological effect that "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" has on you, have I got it right now?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
If you "sin", you "sin", nothing you can do about it, is that what you mean?

You can just attribute your "sin" to the effect of "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" not being strong enough on that occasion, have I got it right?
No, that’s not what I mean. I said quite directly what I can do - get back to communing with God through His Word and prayer because that’s how one avoids sin.

The influence that God’s Holy Spirit has on a believer is directly related (imo) to how much that believer is seeking and communing with God.

That’s why (imo) Jesus Christ said to seek ye first the Kingdom of God. That should be a Christian’s top priority.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
OK, I'll try again. You are claiming that the effect of you feeling angry online is sometimes psychologically stronger than the psychological effect that "God’s indwelt Holy Spirit" has on you, have I got it right now?
I think I’ve explained it as much as I’m going to and am going to bed.

And yes, I got lured into your prosecutor vs. witness gotcha game.

I’ll know better next time

👋

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The influence that God’s Holy Spirit has on a believer is directly related (imo) to how much that believer is seeking and communing with God.
So, "the influence that God’s Holy Spirit has on" you sometimes gets superseded by the influence that anger has on you on this message board and this is affected by "how much [you are] seeking and communing with God" at that time, I am getting your meaning?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, "the influence that God’s Holy Spirit has on" you sometimes gets superseded by the influence that anger has on you on this message board and this is affected by "how much [you are] seeking and communing with God" at that time, I am getting your meaning?
Yeah, that’s about right.

It’s what the Apostle Paul called the struggle between the Spirit and the flesh and what he wrote about in Galatians.