Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
I think dive would agree with anything that makes me look bad. He’s convinced I’m some guy from 2018 who trolled the stuffing out of him.
I don't think you are in a position to know what Dive or anyone knows.

If you somehow believe you are a hermit at the edge of town who has the overview, I'm not in a position to stop you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
I don't think you are in a position to know what Dive or anyone knows.

If you somehow believe you are a hermit at the edge of the town who has the overview, I'm not in a position to stop you.
Never said I knew. Said I thought. Just my opinion. Not stating a fact or implying I am.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
It’s people who aren’t saved and don’t have God’s Holy Spirit who have to be lectured to keep the commandments.
Why would Christians spend time lecturing people who aren't going to be "saved" to "keep the commandments"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
Why would Christians spend time lecturing people who aren't going to be "saved" to "keep the commandments"?
Because some think that’s how one becomes saved - by keeping the commandments. I don’t, but some do.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Because some think that’s how one becomes saved - by keeping the commandments. I don’t, but some do.
You said this:

"It’s people who aren’t saved and don’t have God’s Holy Spirit who have to be lectured to keep the commandments."

Why, according to YOU, [you typed it after all, no one else] do people "who aren’t saved" have to be lectured to keep the commandments?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
You said this:

"It’s people who aren’t saved and don’t have God’s Holy Spirit who have to be lectured to keep the commandments."

Why, according to YOU, [you typed it after all, no one else] do people "who aren’t saved" have to be lectured to keep the commandments?
To be good (or better) people? To live in harmony and peace with their neighbors and family? To avoid creating problems for their families? To have healthy and happy lives?

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
To be good (or better) people? To live in harmony and peace with their neighbors and family? To avoid creating problems for their families? To have healthy and happy lives?
And Christians, to your way of thinking, don't need to keep the commandments for the same reasons?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
And Christians, to your way of thinking, don't need to keep the commandments for the same reasons?
Sure, but they don’t need to be lectured to keep the commandments. If they’re in the Holy Bible and praying regularly, they’re walking in the Spirit and not under the Law. And they know when they do wrong and know to repent and get back in step with the Spirit.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Sure, but they don’t need to be lectured to keep the commandments. If they’re in the Holy Bible and praying regularly, they’re walking in the Spirit and not under the Law. And they know when they do wrong and know to repent and get back in step with the Spirit.
So, you are accepting that Christians need to keep the commandments.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, you are accepting that Christians need to keep the commandments.
Not for salvation, but to honor God.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Not for salvation, but to honor God.
But unless Christians keep the commandments to honour God, there can be no "salvation" right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
But unless Christians keep the commandments to honour God, there can be no "salvation" right?
Wrong. Salvation is by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

Certainly good works and being better (not perfect) at keeping the commandments are evidence of salvation but not a requirement for it.

If a man accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and believed in His Resurrection a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 and got run over by a bus 10 minutes later that man, imo, would be saved.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Wrong. Salvation is by Grace through faith in Christ Jesus.

Certainly good works and being better (not perfect) at keeping the commandments are evidence of salvation but not a requirement for it.

If a man accepted and believed in Jesus Christ and believed in His Resurrection a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9 and got run over by a bus 10 minutes later that man, imo, would be saved.
Can a Christian be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Feb 22

@fmf said
Can a Christian be "saved" without honouring God by keeping the commandments?
Keeping the commandments to what degree?

If a person after accepting and believing in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection, does not exhibit progressively and markedly different behavior then I’d say his acceptance and belief weren’t genuine - they may have been with his head but not with his heart.

The Holy Spirit that indwells a new believer changes that believer’s heart.

F

Moves
04 Feb 22