Wwjd?

Wwjd?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
03 Feb 22

This is for all you Christians who love to get drunk and post on the forums.

What would Jesus drink?

What is your beverage of choice?

G

Moves
03 Feb 22

@bigdogg said

What would Jesus drink?

I heard he orders water, but drinks wine.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@bigdogg said

What would Jesus drink?

Jesus Christ drank wine, though I don’t believe he ever got drunk.

I usually drink Ommegang beer - mostly Abbey Ale but I’ve come to like Three Philosophers too. And I hardly ever get drunk 🤥

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@gambrel said
I heard he orders water, but drinks wine.
He walks on water and drinks wine. He turns water into wine too. And very good wine.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
03 Feb 22
2 edits

@bigdogg said

What would Jesus drink?

What would Jesus drink? A: That was a very long time ago, but I'd guess it was wine.

What is your beverage of choice? A: Used to be beer, but I switched to wine. Fewer
calories.

Just FYI - I don't post here when I'm drunk. 🙂

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Jesus Christ drank wine, though I don’t believe he ever got drunk.

I usually drink Ommegang beer - mostly Abbey Ale but I’ve come to like Three Philosophers too. And I hardly ever get drunk 🤥
"...I don't believe he ever got drunk."

Most of Jesus' life went unrecorded. For all we know, he might have been drunk on a daily basis throughout his twenties. Is this another of those completely unsupported beliefs you have, such as paranormal events being much more common in the distant past?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Feb 22

@bigdogg said

What would Jesus drink?

Jesus would drink unfermented grape juice.

I prefer whiskey. God have mercy on my soul! 😇

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

After Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman by the well, telling her about the water of eternal life, her life was radically changed. She dropped her waterpot and went into the town and witnessed to the people about Jesus being the Messiah. OFrmerly she avoided everyone, coming to the well in the heat of the day to be left alone.

She had had a poor reputation. She was probably very attractive as she seemed to be a magnet for men - five husbands plus another boyfriend.

Jesus then told His disciples that what He had just done was His "food". This action of bringing the lost woman to God was His food and beverage of enjoyment.

"In the meantime, the disciples urged Him, saying, Rabbi eat. But He said to them, I have food to eat that you do not know about. The disciples therefore said to one another, Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?

Jesus said to them, My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work." (John 4:31-34)

If you open your whole being to Jesus and ask Him to come into your heart, for sure that will give the Son of God a drink to enjoy.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
"...I don't believe he ever got drunk."

Most of Jesus' life went unrecorded. For all we know, he might have been drunk on a daily basis throughout his twenties. Is this another of those completely unsupported beliefs you have, such as paranormal events being much more common in the distant past?
Not “completely unsupported” at all.

The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and drunkenness is a sin. Therefore Jesus was never drunk.

You just don’t believe the Bible to be the inerrant and infallible Word of God, and I do.

But even though you said you don’t believe the Gospels and find them so objectionable that you can only tolerate them in small quantities at a time, you still said you read them a “whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist.

That whopper of yours will live forever and belongs in the RHP Whopper Hall of Fame, it’s such a classic.

And what’s even funnier is that you still insist it’s true - and apparently think people believe you! 😂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22
4 edits

@avalanchethecat

Most of Jesus' life went unrecorded.

That is correct in terms of time.
It is also most impressive to some of us.

Thirty YEARS He lived among people in Nazareth, growing up, learning carpentry, being a young man of notable wisdom yet making no particular dramatic stir in public.

He fit in with the surrounding culture making no particular commotion, just a commoner. He was just a typical citizen yet sinless. This to me is one of the greatest miracles in the Bible seeing He was God become a man.

Then at the age of 30, the age of a priest's career, He opened His mouth.
He opened His mouth and He did some things as He taught.
And the world said "Since this man lived nothing will ever be the same. Our history is now B.C. and A.D. "

Three and one half years of a cataclysmic impact on human history after thirty years of just blending in with everyone else in that society.

Did you ever take a little time to think about that?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Not “completely unsupported” at all.

The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and drunkenness is a sin. Therefore Jesus was never drunk.

You just don’t believe the Bible to be the inerrant and infallible Word of God, and I do.

But even though you said you don’t believe the Gospels and find them so objectionable that you can only tolerate them in small quantiti ...[text shortened]... what’s even funnier is that you still insist it’s true - and apparently think people believe you! 😂
I should really count how many times you try to troll me with your childish 'whopper' line.

You are aware that you 'believing' something to be true doesn't actually make it true, aren't you?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@sonship said
@avalanchethecat

Most of Jesus' life went unrecorded.

That is correct in terms of time.
It is also most impressive to some of us.

Thirty YEARS He lived among people in Nazareth, growing up, learning carpentry, being a young man of notable wisdom yet making no particular dramatic stir in public.

He fit in with the surrounding culture ma ...[text shortened]... ing in with everyone else in that society.

Did you ever take a little time to think about that?
You have no idea where he was for those unrecorded years. He could have been taking regular trips to different towns, getting blind drunk and serial killing prostitutes for all you know. Did you ever take a little time to think about that?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
I should really count how many times you try to troll me with your childish 'whopper' line.

You are aware that you 'believing' something to be true doesn't actually make it true, don't you?
Sure, but enough evidence exists for what I believe to make what I believe reasonable to believe.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Sure, but enough evidence exists for what I believe to make what I believe reasonable to believe.
You have no evidence whatsoever for your beliefs about my reading habits. You have only hagiographic heresay to support your theistic beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Feb 22

@avalanchethecat said
You have no idea where he was for those unrecorded years. He could have been taking regular trips to different towns, getting blind drunk and serial killing prostitutes for all you know. Did you ever take a little time to think about that?
The Holy Bible says Jesus Christ was without sin and God the Father called Jesus His beloved Son in whom He (God the Father) is well pleased.

Both those statements contradict your uninformed blasphemy.