www.answering-islam.org

www.answering-islam.org

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Work.

It's the thing that adults do to pay the bills.
I’m glad you’re finally realizing it’s contradictory to claim you manage a team of mental health professionals when you spend 20 hours a day in here.

But where did you really go?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Just that. I haven't 'supposedly' examined. I 'have' examined.

Why haven't you extended the same courtesy to other religions?
Dodging another basic theological question? This is really becoming a habit with you.

I guess you correctly view your choices as dodging and slipping on a banana peel and have chosen the former. Can’t say as I blame you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18
1 edit

This is the root of your spiritual malignancy. You dismiss the idea that salvation can be achieved by 'works alone' and have stated that good works are instead a consequence of being saved (born again). In other words, by letting God in to your life you have been internally transformed by his spirit and will, as a consequence, conduct yourself with ...[text shortened]... it means to have God in your life? Why are your words hollow if you have truly been born again?
Why do you lie about having a theology degree and managing a team of mental health professionals?

As to your questions to me, my query to FMF regarding OCD was ADHD was serious and I would have asked him in a pm but he has publicly stated more than once that he deletes all pms unread (and not just from me.)

My posts about tiger and his ale drinking are obviously intended to be humorous unless you think a third-grader who goes to the pub every day after school with PB&J sandwiches in his knapsack is meant to be serious.

I only resort to what you view as trolling when I receive it first. I rarely turn the other cheek on here - and especially not from hypocritical, dishonest and trolling atheists. Sorry.

Want to discuss substance? What’s your view of Matthew 23? Is the speaker in that chapter speaking in a manner reflective of how you think a Christian should speak?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Read that and take it in, Romans1009. Ghost of a Duke has got to the heart of it and he has done so in a measured and respectful way. Heed his words.
Your opinion of me means nothing to me. Not because you’re an atheist but because you’re a dishonest, hypocritical and self-important troll.

Look in the mirror, Kiddo.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

As always, you miss the point. Romans himself has said a Christian is internally transformed by the indwelling spirit of God and that good works are an unavoidable consequence of this. Put simply, 'born again = do good."

So why isn't he doing good? Why isn't he demonstrating this internal transformation in the way he posts here?! - Indeed, when q ...[text shortened]... dmits his intention is to offend and ridicule is as far removed from a Christian as one can get?
You know how I spend all of my time? You know what I do in the real world?

Your problem is you like your abuse victims to be silent and motionless while you attack them. That ain’t me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You says that you value honesty. If you have indeed examined the evidence, can you honestly tell me why you reject it?

What gives you the impression that I haven't studied other religions?
<<You says that you value honesty. If you have indeed examined the evidence, can you honestly tell me why you reject it?>>

Ghost will never answer this question because doing so would further expose that his claim of having a theology degree is a blatant lie.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
If you have indeed examined the evidence for the resurrection, can you honestly tell me why you reject it? And if you feel there is another religion that I am missing with more compelling evidence fee free to share it.
Bump for Ghost.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

Okay, I'll spoon feed you.

1. As an atheist I do not believe in the existence of God. (Period) My reasons for this are plentiful, but let us highlight my incredulity to the idea that an omnipotent and perfectly loving deity can exist when innocent children die of cancer or populations are wiped out by famine, flood or volcanic eruptions.
2. With ...[text shortened]... hat is for you to actively explore yourself. No idea why you are asking an atheist such a thing.
<<Indeed, the more one studies the Bible the more one understands how it was compiled by many different authors, decades apart,>>

“Decades apart?”

You mean “centuries apart,” don’t you? How many years do you think authorship of the Bible spans?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

1. As an atheist I do not believe in the existence of God. (Period) My reasons for this are plentiful, but let us highlight my incredulity to the idea that an omnipotent and perfectly loving deity can exist when innocent children die of cancer or populations are wiped out by famine, flood or volcanic eruptions.
2. With ...[text shortened]... hat is for you to actively explore yourself. No idea why you are asking an atheist such a thing.
<<my incredulity to the idea that an omnipotent and perfectly loving deity can exist when innocent children die of cancer or populations are wiped out by famine, flood or volcanic eruptions.>>

Straight out of the atheist’s playbook. This has got to be the biggest (and one of the most easily refuted) cliches of the garden-variety atheist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

<<It is absolutely riddled with contradictions, monstrosities and anomalies>>

Examples?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

<<what possible credence do you think I, as an atheist, should give to the resurrection? What evidence do you think exists that I should be swayed by, again bearing in mind that I view the bible as a human compilation of stories, none of which have their origins in the divine?>>

So it all comes down to, “I don’t believe the Resurrection because I don’t believe the Bible?”

And what was the reason you don’t believe the Bible again? The unidentified contradictions, errors, anomalies and monstrosities? The fact it was written by authors who were “decades apart?” LOL

Oh and sick and dying children that you blame God for.

Did I miss anything?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

'A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.'

Proverbs 15:4
Nice job Googling. Next time Google “Daniel 9 KJV” and tell me what you think of that highly-detailed and highly-accurate Messianic prophecy.

Or Google “Matthew 23” and tell me if the speaker in that passage is behaving like you think a Christian should behave.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 May 18

How the conversation would go if you had one ounce of integrity and common sense:

Ghost. - "Are you God."
Romans. "No."
Ghost. - "So you agree God originates outside of yourself?"
Romans - "Yes."
Ghost. - "So God is an outside agent?"
Romans - "Well, if you put it that way, yes."
Ghost - "Think of God as a piece of bread. It originates as ...[text shortened]... ) operates. Sorry for being so inept."
Ghost - "I forgive you. Now run along you little scamp."
I wonder what the team of mental health professionals you manage would think of that invented conversation.

BTW, you said God was “an outside agent in a Christian’s life.” I notice you left “in a Christian’s life” out of your imaginary dialogue because it refutes your assertion.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009

Why do you lie about having a theology degree and managing a team of mental health professionals?
I don't.

Why do you lie about being a Christian?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
Bump for Ghost.
Why are you bumping something I answered,...at length?!

Perhaps it is your brain cells that are decades apart?