1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 07:09
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Did you not say Christianity was people talking about themselves and what Jesus’ life meant?
    No I did not say this.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:33
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am not lying about having been a Christian.
    Agree. I think you’re simply mistaken.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:33
    I am not lying about having been a Christian in the past.
    Agree. I think you’re just mistaken.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You have to understand that he is so insecure in his faith that he literally can't comprehend either of the following:

1. A non-believer would study his religion
    2. A believer in his religion is now a non-believer.

Both 'have' to be a lie.
    The reason I think you’re lying about having a theology degree is you can’t answer basic theological questions. It’s no more complicated than that.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:36
    Did you not say Christianity was people talking about themselves and what Jesus’ life meant?
    No, why would you pretend that I did? You're being silly. This "banter" is just plain silly.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:36
    I have never suggested anything of the sort.
    You certainly suggested it by omission.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:38
    No I did not say this.
    Really? What caused you to no longer be a Christian? Wasn’t it because you no longer believed what Christians said about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus’ life?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:39
    No, why would you pretend that I did? You're being silly. This "banter" is just plain silly.
    You’re flipping and flopping around again.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:40
    The reason I think you’re lying about having a theology degree is you can’t answer basic theological questions. It’s no more complicated than that.
    He knows more about Hinduism than you do. He knows more about Islam than you do. He knows more about Buddhism than you do. And he knows plenty about Christianity as he has made abundantly clear in the years he has been posting here; he has received compliments from other Christians for his knowledge and his ability to engage. He knows more about Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism (and other religions) than you do, and he has been commended for his knowledge of Christianity by Christians here. What's so 'He doesn't have a theology degree' about that?.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:40
    You’re flipping and flopping around again.
    I have told the truth all along.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '18 08:41
    Really? What caused you to no longer be a Christian? Wasn’t it because you no longer believed what Christians said about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus’ life?
    I said this: My loss of faith was a gradual process of reflection that resulted in me realizing that I no longer believed the claims that Christians make about themselves and about the meaning of Jesus' life, and consequently I stopped self-identifying as a Christian and now self-identify as a non-Christian and an agnostic atheist.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 May '18 12:39
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Looks like a lot of good information is in there. What topics exactly would contain the hate speech etc stuff. Wont mind having a read of it. Maybe they can tone down the offending parts.
    I think this forum suffers somewhat due to its lack of representatives from other religions.

We've had individuals like Dasa turn up, but he preached a very attacking form of 'Hinduism' and damaged inter-faith discussions rather than aiding them. Mostly it seems religions focus on their differences (which of course there are many) but miss the opportunities to discover what they have in common.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 May '18 18:34
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I think this forum suffers somewhat due to its lack of representatives from other religions.

We've had individuals like Dasa turn up, but he preached a very attacking form of 'Hinduism' and damaged inter-faith discussions rather than aiding them. Mostly it seems religions focus on their differences (which of course there are many) but miss the opportunities to discover what they have in common.
    What separates Christianity from all other religions is the deity of Jesus Christ and that salvation is a gift - not earned.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 May '18 09:281 edit
    He knows more about Hinduism than you do. He knows more about Islam than you do. He knows more about Buddhism than you do. And he knows plenty about Christianity as he has made abundantly clear in the years he has been posting here; he has received compliments from other Christians for his knowledge and his ability to engage. He knows more about Hinduism, Isl ...[text shortened]... e of Christianity by Christians here. What's so 'He doesn't have a theology degree' about that?.
    Nice summary and point well made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree