1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 20:171 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Did the whales come from Wales or what are you saying? Aren't you mixing things up too much? 😀

Go read some basics about evolutionary theory, and be open-minded about your new knowldege. Hide the book from your elders, and they will not know about it.

For short - be open-minded in the future. If they don't let you, leave them.
    (2 Peter 2:17-22) . . .These are fountains without water, and mists driven by a violent storm, and for them the blackness of darkness has been reserved.  For they utter swelling expressions of no profit, and by the desires of the flesh and by loose habits they entice those who are just escaping from people who conduct themselves in error.  While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. For whoever is overcome by another is enslaved by this one.  Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first.  For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them.  The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 20:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    .. a list of dos and donts that are inaccurate as they are in some instances ludicrous. ...
    You keep doubting that the list of restrictions is reasonably accurate, without any evidence. But, your fellow JW, Galveston, justified many of them with references from the Bible. So one of you is a liar. If I had to guess I would say its you.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 21:011 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You keep doubting that the list of restrictions is reasonably accurate, without any evidence. But, your fellow JW, Galveston, justified many of them with references from the Bible. So one of you is a liar. If I had to guess I would say its you.
    sorry i have nothing to say to someone who has termed others 'baby killers', get away from me, your a sick and pathetic individual, do not make reference to me, do not respond to my posts, i have nothing to say to you.
  4. The Smoke
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 21:17
    Go read some basics about evolutionary theory, and be open-minded about your new knowldege. ... For short - be open-minded in the future. If they don't let you, leave them.
    Fab, you do like patronising, don't you? it's just so obvious.. It seems you didn't have much luck bullying other kids in the school, so now you use RHP to compensate that.. JW cult this, JW cult that... don't you get bored? what's your beef? gotta admire Robbie's patience, I would have given up long time ago..
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:101 edit
    (2 Peter 2:17-22) . . .These are fountains without water, and mists driven by a violent storm, and for them the blackness of darkness has been reserved.  For they utter swelling expressions of no profit, and by the desires of the flesh and by loose habits they entice those who are just escaping from people who conduct themselves in error.  While t em: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”
    Yes yes, that's your religion, that's what your elders say. That's words from those who doesn't like to think for themselves, for the close-minded.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:112 edits
    Originally posted by Renars
    Fab, you do like patronising, don't you? it's just so obvious.. It seems you didn't have much luck bullying other kids in the school, so now you use RHP to compensate that.. JW cult this, JW cult that... don't you get bored? what's your beef? gotta admire Robbie's patience, I would have given up long time ago..
    In that respect, I've learnt much from robbie.
    I, as you, would like that robbie gave up. He is like a broken recordplayer. Probably because his advisors, the elders, tought him that.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:20
    Yes yes, that's your religion, that's what your elders say. That's words from those who doesn't like to think for themselves, for the close-minded.
    umm i dont know if you are aware, but ummm, we did not write the Bible, and umm, we did not write that verse, and ummm we merely construe its application as wisdom, and ummm you are of course at liberty to disagree, but you need to provide ummm reasons as to why it is not the course of wisdom.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 22:33
    umm i dont know if you are aware, but ummm, we did not write the Bible, and umm, we did not write that verse, and ummm we merely construe its application as wisdom, and ummm you are of course at liberty to disagree, but you need to provide ummm reasons as to why it is not the course of wisdom.
    If you like to know more about the verses you paste and copy (you're quite good at that, you know) then go and ask the elders. Just so you don't have the wrong views. They don't like open-mindedness.
    Or as they would say: Think like us and you think right. And if you think right you're open-minded. Don't bother to have your yown thinking, we're happy to do it for you.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 23:013 edits
    If you like to know more about the verses you paste and copy (you're quite good at that, you know) then go and ask the elders. Just so you don't have the wrong views. They don't like open-mindedness.
    Or as they would say: Think like us and you think right. And if you think right you're open-minded. Don't bother to have your yown thinking, we're happy to do it for you.
    what are you drivelling on about now? you're a free moral agent are you not? well then what's your problem? are we not also free moral agents to do and decide what is good for us? why cant you live and let live?
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 23:07
    what are you drivelling on about now? you're a free moral agent are you not? well then what's your problem? are we not also free moral agents to do and decide what is good for us? why cant you live and let live?
    When you are rude, and I complain, then you laugh and excell with your rudeness.
    When you think I'm rude, you whine like a baby. Very christian I say.

If you read back a couple of postings, I caught you with an oxymoron. You think you're open-minded, when you without any thoughts accept what your elders fillyour ears with. Not so. You should think of what you're writing and not whine when I let you know about your cour contradictions.

Be open-minded, and don't whine...
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 23:253 edits
    When you are rude, and I complain, then you laugh and excell with your rudeness.

If you read back a couple of postings, I caught you with an oxymoron. You think you're open-minded, when you without any thoughts accept what your elders fillyour ears with. Not so. You should think of ne when I let you know about your cour contradictions.

oh Fabian, I shall say this for the last time, you are a free moral agent, you are free to think and act as you see fit. i am also a free moral agent and i value the advice of members of my congregation whether they are elders or not, this does not mean that I am not responsible for the decisions i make.

I do not know if you listen to the advice of others, but i am in a privileged position, i respect those who are older than me in years for they have much experience.

You are simply content to tear down, there is no attempt to build up. i must ask myself what i receive from these conversations and the answer is nothing, i simply must defend against personal attacks, slanderous remarks against my religion and false accusations against the organisation, attempts to undermine my faith. why can you not live and let live?

(Proverbs 15:22) . . .There is a frustrating of plans where there is no confidential talk, but in the multitude of counsellors there is accomplishment. . .
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 01:481 edit

If you read back a couple of postings, I caught you with an oxymoron. You think you're open-minded, when you without any thoughts accept what your elders fillyour ears with. Not so. You should think of ne when I let you know about your cour contradictions.

Like I said "Its hard for a JW to be open-minded", but they would like to claim 'open- mindedness.'
    hey Rob! Why you dissing Rajk? He started this thread y'know.
    You should take people on their positive sides-not their negative ones.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 01:562 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Like I said "Its hard for a JW to be open-minded", but they would like to claim 'open- mindedness.'
    hey Rob! Why you dissing Rajk? He started this thread y'know.
    You should take people on their positive sides-not their negative ones.
    why is it hard? are you a free moral agent or not? i hold that you are, please tell me how i can be more open minded than that.

As for Raj, he calls me a liar, he has said many things that i find objectionable and has said not one good thing about either me, nor my religious observances, he has resorted to base emotionalism and slander, tell me what benefit i get from conversing with him? if there is no profit, tell me why i should engage in it! What positive aspect is there for me to warm to, i want to hear you say it Karoly Poly, what is it?

(2 Corinthians 6:14) . . .what sharing does light have with darkness?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 07:31
    why is it hard? are you a free moral agent or not? i hold that you are, please tell me how i can be more open minded than that.

As for Raj, he calls me a liar, he has said many things that i find objectionable and has said not one good thing about either me, nor my religious observances, he has resorted to base emotionalism and slander, tell m ...[text shortened]... oly, what is it?

[b](2 Corinthians 6:14) . . .what sharing does light have with darkness?
    [/b]
    I guess you are the "light",eh? I bet Jesus wouldn't have given up on him.

Its hard for JWs to be open-minded because they already have a fixed idea on what is to happen after death when clearly we dont exactly know. If we knew for certain everyone would know and if it was the JW version then everyone would becomes a JW.
    Plus there are other questions which just come outside of the JW doctrine and which cant be answered by such a narrow post life view.
    To me the JW doctrine is like a fairy tale for children.Its simplistic and flawed.
    Do you really think God is so limited as to only allow 144000 people into heaven? C'mon! If there really is a God,which you (and I) contend, then surely (S)He would not be so limited-simply by the fact that (S)He is God.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '10 07:415 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I guess you are the "light",eh? I bet Jesus wouldn't have given up on him.

Its hard for JWs to be open-minded because they already have a fixed idea on what is to happen after death when clearly we dont exactly know. If we knew for certain everyone would know and if it was the JW version then everyone would becomes a JW.
    Plus there are other questio I) contend, then surely (S)He would not be so limited-simply by the fact that (S)He is God.
    nope that is wrong, i have accepted the scriptural premise that the dead are conscious of nothing, i have accepted the scriptural premise that there is nothing which lives on after death, for me therefore, there is nothing but to wait for the resurrection, i see no proof either scripturally nor scientifically to change my mind, you can believe what you want, at least i have reasons for believing what i do.

As i stated previously, give me one good reason to continue this conversation? Am i going to learn something from you? will you perhaps add to my faith, or will you as you are evidently doing and have constantly been doing simply tearing it down? tell me why i should converse with you?

Also your evaluation of Jehovahs witness doctrine is seriously flawed, for example, if it is so simplistic, why were you unable to answer a simple question, what does this mean, 'wisdom is proven righteous by its works'? three times i petitioned you to think about it, and yet, you were unable? why is that if it is so simplistic? yup nothing but ill conceived notions with nothing to offer but a tearing down, offering a pretence of freedom but existing as a slave of corruption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree