1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 05:221 edit
    @galveston75 said
    I'm here because I'm just amazed how good you and Rajk and FMF are at disguising the fact that you three are actually the same person joined at birth. Quit a freak of nature. But you're all entertaining. Lol.
    But I’ve never met either Jajk999 nor FMF. I’ve known FMF for several years and we have spoken on the phone but never met, let alone been somehow “conjoined”. Furthermore FMF is an atheist and I am a Christian, we disagree fundamentally on the literal existence of God and Jesus. Jajk999 and I are both Christians but we fundamentally disagree on core doctrine.

One thing the three of us have in common is our dislike of the teachings and behaviours of the religious cult which you are member of. If you feel that that constitutes us being “conjoined at birth” or a “freak of nature” and that we are somehow “disguising” this fact, then so be it.

At least you are “entertained”. “lol”.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 07:452 edits
    @galveston75 said
    What a totally misinformed concept you have. You've never attending on of these meetings but yet you answer as if you are the all knowing of what we do and believe. Lol. What a laugh!!!!
    Hey, my original question to you was "Is this true?"

I took your answer, refusing to answer, as "yes".

Feel free to explain how I got it all wrong.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 14:33
    @divegeester said
    But I’ve never met either Jajk999 nor FMF. I’ve known FMF for several years and we have spoken on the phone but never met, let alone been somehow “conjoined”. Furthermore FMF is an atheist and I am a Christian, we disagree fundamentally on the literal existence of God and Jesus. Jajk999 and I are both Christians but we fundamentally disagree on core doctrine.

One thi ...[text shortened]... hat we are somehow “disguising” this fact, then so be it.

At least you are “entertained”. “lol”.
    You have time to waste to entertain him, when he fails at dealing with issues that he brings up.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:04
    @suzianne said
    Okay, first let me ask you to clarify something.

Most Christian churches DO celebrate what the Catholic church calls "holy communion" every Sunday. This is the partaking of the Lord's body and blood symbolically, through the bread and wine (even though, yes, the Catholics believe that the bread and wine are magically transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ(t ...[text shortened]... unbelievers" to this rite, when regular members cannot partake?

Just looking for a clarification.
    Alright.......You had a few questions so I'm assuming you want them all answered. If you want to respond do so nicely or this will be the last time I respond to you. Deal?

#1 Nope never heard or seen that.
    #2 Yes only once a year. Just as the original Passover was held, so too is the
    memorial. Why another religion would do it more often I have no idea. Also do you remember a person you know or love only when you celebrate their birthday? If so you should celebrate a birthday every week for them so you won't forget them!
    #3 Still no. I've know a few and they were not of any elite class.
    #4 Perhaps a so called unbeliever, just might become a believer?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:44
    @galveston75 said
    Alright.......You had a few questions so I'm assuming you want them all answered. If you want to respond do so nicely or this will be the last time I respond to you. Deal?

#1 Nope never heard or seen that.
    #2 Yes only once a year. Just as the original Passover was held, so too is the
    memorial. Why another religion would do it more often I have no idea. Also do y ...[text shortened]... they were not of any elite class.
    #4 Perhaps a so called unbeliever, just might become a believer?
    You dont read you bible do you? If you did yo would know why other churches do it more often. First Jesus said so.

And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. (Luke 22:19 KJV)

Some Christians remember Christ more often that once per year.

Secondly the Apostles did it weekly

And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, .... (Acts 20:7 KJV)

Finally there is a group of JWs who are barred from participating in the bread and wine. These according to Christ and Paul do not remember Christ nor remember his death and resurrection.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 21:55
    @rajk999 said
    You dont read you bible do you? If you did yo would know why other churches do it more often. First Jesus said so.

And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. (Luke 22:19 KJV)

Some Christians remember Christ more often that once per year.

Secondly th ...[text shortened]... . These according to Christ and Paul do not remember Christ nor remember his death and resurrection.
    You finally caught me. Yep I never read the bible!!!
    And yep you got me again. When I pray and when I finish it I never say it "thru Jesus's name" . And I only pray once a year too ya know!
    Oooops, yep I don't that either, you know remember anything about Jesus and his death and the resurrection or anything like that for a whole year. Uh oh. Just forgot about it again dang it! Lol.....
    Or maybe I'm in that "upper class" group? Must be, so no, I don't have to worry. Just show up once a year, get a snack and some wine and I'll be set. Don't have to go out door to door or anything like that either, cause I'm saved already and doing that work is just too boring.
    I know I'll start a church and just have them come to me. So much easier then all the foot work Jesus and his followers did back on those old dusty rocky roads. No not me!!!!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 05:34
    @galveston75 said
    To everyone here. You are invited to your local Kingdom Hall for the memorial of Jesus Christ death.
    On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:
    “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/
    Are you saying non JWs are invited to actually partake of this ceremony in a Kingdom Hall with the JW members?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree