1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Mar '19 22:42
    @sonship said
    @galveston75
    To everyone here. You are invited to your local Kingdom Hall for the memorial of Jesus Christ death.
    On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:
    “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

The Lord's table meeting is not for and should not be participated in by unbelievers i ...[text shortened]... to participate in the breaking of bread and sharing of the cup to commemorate the death of Christ ?
    Very true it was only the 11 apostles that partook of the bread and wine then. And like then it was only a few that did this in comparison to the larger amount of ones who also believed Jesus and followed him. So today it would be a very small amount or the remnant of those that Jesus has picked to partake thru out the earth.

But Paul gave this statement at: Corinthians 5:7, 8
    7 "Clear away the old leaven so that you may be a new batch, inasmuch as you are free from ferment. For, indeed, Christ our Passover lamb has been sacrificed.
    8 So, then, let us keep the festival, not with old leaven, nor with leaven of badness and wickedness, but with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

So Paul is saying this memorial was to continue on and not end with those eleven.

Also John 2:2 says: 2 "And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s."

Since the sacrifice Jesus did was for the whole world and was to be continued which Paul said, why would ones who understand what this sacrifice meant with it's importance to all that will benefit from it, not be allowed to attend? They may not actually partake of the wine and bread but why can't they attend and see what happened back on the night Jesus instituted this to be done into the future?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 00:006 edits
    @galveston75

Very true it was only the 11 apostles that partook of the bread and wine then. And like then it was only a few that did this in comparison to the larger amount of ones who also believed Jesus and followed him. So today it would be a very small amount or the remnant of those that Jesus has picked to partake thru out the earth.

That is not true either.

That is your extremely elitist theology speaking that out of millions of Christians qualified to share the Lord's table only some imagined SPECIAL class from their midst are qualified to do so.

This is the OTHER extreme error. I know that in your large memorial Jehovah's Witness pseudo Lord's Supper ONLY a special elite class are expected to partake as the vast majority only observe.

But Paul gave this statement at: Corinthians 5:7, 8
    7 "Clear away the old leaven so that you may be a new batch, inasmuch as you are free from ferment. For, indeed, Christ our Passover lamb has been sacrificed.
    8 So, then, let us keep the festival, not with old leaven, nor with leaven of badness and wickedness, but with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."

The connection between this exhortation to the church in Corinth and YOUR Jehovah Witness concept of the Table being only for an elite smaller number of specially classed remnant is completely artificial.

Second Corinthians 5:8 has nothing to do with JWs special elite remnant class who are alone qualified to share the bread and cup .

I'm sorry to tell you. That is the Jehovah's Witness Table. That is not the Lord's table.

So Paul is saying this memorial was to continue on and not end with those eleven.

Also John 2:2 says: 2 "And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s."

Since the sacrifice Jesus did was for the whole world and was to be continued which Paul said, why would ones who understand what this sacrifice meant with it's importance to all that will benefit from it, not be allowed to attend? They may not actually partake of the wine and bread but why can't they attend and see what happened back on the night Jesus instituted this to be done into the future?

Most unbelievers in Christ would have no concern at all for such a meeting and would probably consider it weird.

Your group the Jehovah's Witnesses have perverted this one of the few sacraments Jesus directed His disciples to keep. This is YOUR version of a meeting which you really have no right to commemorate unto God.

It may be that some seeking undecided person may be present at the breaking of bread and sharing the cup. But this thing you practice in the invention of the so-called faithful and prudent steward of the leaders of the JW, is human religious invention.

The words are on the surface biblical words. But your theological dictionary lurking behind the words are those of the sect of Charles Taz Russell.

Only on the surface is there a facade of your table being that which Christ instituted. Hidden in it is something completely of the invention of the Jehovah's Witness sect.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 01:31
    @galveston75 said

But Paul gave this statement at: Corinth ...[text shortened]... hey attend and see what happened back on the night Jesus instituted this to be done into the future?
    Who decides whether or not someone can participate in the breaking of bread and drinking of wine?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 01:49
    @galveston75 said

But Paul gave this statement at: Corinth ...[text shortened]... hey attend and see what happened back on the night Jesus instituted this to be done into the future?
    Okay, first let me ask you to clarify something.

Most Christian churches DO celebrate what the Catholic church calls "holy communion" every Sunday. This is the partaking of the Lord's body and blood symbolically, through the bread and wine (even though, yes, the Catholics believe that the bread and wine are magically transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ(transubstantiation), and the Lutherans believe similar(sacrificial union) ). This is the Eucharist, and is set aside only for members of that church as well as others who have been baptized.

Now for the questions. I have heard that this rite, for JWs, is reserved only for those highest in the church, and is only practiced once per year, usually around the time of, if not in lieu of, what other churches call the Easter celebration. Is this true? If so, why reserve a remembrance celebration of Jesus to only the elite members of your group? And why do this only once a year? Can you only be bothered to remember Jesus once a year? And, if this is all true, why in the world would you invite what your church no doubt considers "unbelievers" to this rite, when regular members cannot partake?

Just looking for a clarification.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 02:10
    @galveston75 said
    Don't know. Call and ask them.
    Hasn't a list been published in The Watchtower or Awake?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 06:071 edit
    @divegeester

What type of “heretic” did you mean then?

One who would be better not continuously attacking and others unless he wants to get a frank word about his own errors.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 06:08
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

One who would be better not continuously attacking others unless he wants to get a frank word about his own errors.
    You seem to be up all night posting quite a lot recently.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 06:111 edit
    @divegeester

I suggest that you wait a bit more to write something more significant.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 07:29
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I suggest that you wait a bit more to write something more significant.
    Romans1009 also used to be up all night posting drivel.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 08:19
    @galveston75 said
    To everyone here. You are invited to your local Kingdom Hall for the memorial of Jesus Christ death.
    On the night before he died, Jesus told his followers to commemorate his death. He said:
    “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.”—Luke 22:19.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/
    Taking a step back for a moment, why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to mix with your cult?

Give me one good reason.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 16:451 edit
    @divegeester said
    You seem to be up all night posting quite a lot recently.
    .. men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    (John 3:19 KJV)
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 17:14
    @suzianne said
    Okay, first let me ask you to clarify something.

Most Christian churches DO celebrate what the Catholic church calls "holy communion" every Sunday. This is the partaking of the Lord's body and blood symbolically, through the bread and wine (even though, yes, the Catholics believe that the bread and wine are magically transformed into the actual body and blood of Christ(t ...[text shortened]... unbelievers" to this rite, when regular members cannot partake?

Just looking for a clarification.
    I have no problem answering this for you but you've burned me many times after I've taken the time to do research to be able to give you an accurate answer, then almost every time you come back with rude or attacking comments. Sooo, will it be the same this time?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 17:16
    @divegeester said
    Taking a step back for a moment, why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to mix with your cult?

Give me one good reason.
    To get away from you? Lol. Could be huh?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 17:17
    @fmf said
    Hasn't a list been published in The Watchtower or Awake?
    I don't know. If it exist I've never seen it.... Again call them and ask for it.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 17:21
    @rajk999 said
    Who decides whether or not someone can participate in the breaking of bread and drinking of wine?
    No one decides that for anyone. It is simply between Jehovah and that person. That is why it is open to the public. If one comes in and partakes that is their thing to do. No elder would ever stop anyone from doing that unless it were obvious it was a person that was obviously causing trouble or showing clear disrespect for this serious event Jesus said to continue on with.
    More for you to learn huh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree