1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 May '13 01:342 edits
    Especially yourself. Most importantly yourself. That is if you wish to understand some of "Gods" humour. You see, because what makes our ego sad makes our spirit happy, it's quite a feat for most people to understand the simple idea that "God" actually likes it when you stub your toe on a step,(for example). It gives you an opportunity to react truthfully ,(especially if there is no one else present). To such a situtation before my "spiritual awakening" , I would said " Oh F***" , but now I say, and in the correct tone , "Thank you *****". It is truly a humbling and rewarding experience.

* - "*****" here meaning the word for "God" that you like to use. I use "Shiva" or "Lord" usually.
  2. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:13
    I am reminded of Hotei, the laughing Buddha.. He's often depicted with a fat belly, laughing, and children flocking about. Apparently he laughed people into enlightenment, according to the stories...
    http://discovermeditation.com/515/blog/meditation-news/hotei-the-laughing-buddha/
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:20
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Especially yourself. Most importantly yourself. That is if you wish to understand some of "Gods" humour. You see, because what makes our ego sad makes our spirit happy, it's quite a feat for most people to understand the simple idea that "God" actually likes it when you stub your toe on a step,(for example). It gives you an opportunity to react truthfu ...[text shortened]... ng the word for "God" that you like to use. I use "Shiva" or "Lord" usually.
    considering humor and laughter is one of our best qualities, it is distinctly missing from the christian god and the bible.

i wonder, did humor come as an effect of sin?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    * - "*****" here meaning the word for "God" that you like to use. I use "Shiva" or "Lord" usually.
    Not "Butch"?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:26
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    considering humor and laughter is one of our best qualities, it is distinctly missing from the christian god and the bible.
    Not at all.

God made man, didn't he?
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Not at all.

God made man, didn't he?
    if gods not responsible for all the sinful parts of man, can we say for sure that humor isnt a quality developed because of sin. is there any mention of humor in the bible?

book of stell 172-174

and low jesus did laugh so much
    at johns impression of a constipated mule
    he did do'eth a little wee in his tunic.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '13 14:51
    if gods not responsible for all the sinful parts of man, can we say for sure that humor isnt a quality developed because of sin. is there any mention of humor in the bible?

book of stell 172-174

and low jesus did laugh so much
    at johns impression of a constipated mule
    he did do'eth a little wee in his tunic.
    What I'm saying is that man is made in the image of God.

If we have humor, it's because God has humor. The Bible shows that God understands irony, for example.
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:11
    What I'm saying is that man is made in the image of God.

If we have humor, it's because God has humor. The Bible shows that God understands irony, for example.
    excuse my confusion, but isnt that saying all human characteristics are also exhibited by god?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:14
    excuse my confusion, but isnt that saying all human characteristics are also exhibited by god?
    Except those made manifest because of sin.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 May '13 15:27
    Except those made manifest because of sin.
    grrrr!!!! but thats what im saying.......how do you know humor is godly and not part of sin!!! is their anything in the bible that indicates there was humor before sin.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 May '13 17:45
    grrrr!!!! but thats what im saying.......how do you know humor is godly and not part of sin!!! is their anything in the bible that indicates there was humor before sin.
    there is no real logic to it. good things are credited to god and man takes the hit for anything undesirable. oft assumed and rarely proven.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '13 18:04
    Humor can be due to sin, but joy from the Lord is our strength,

Nehemiah 8:10
    "[Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy the good food and sweet drinks. Give some food and drinks to those who didn’t prepare any food. Today is a special day to our Lord. Don’t be sad, because the joy of the Lord will make you strong.” "

Many people are amused and laugh, but even the word amused has a
    meaning that some people don't think about,
    (TheFreeDictionary),

"1. To occupy in an agreeable, pleasing, or entertaining fashion.
    2. To cause to laugh or smile by giving pleasure: I was not amused by his jokes.
    3. Archaic To delude or deceive."

To cause one to be distracted or deceived, so our laughing sometimes can
    be nothing but a distraction. Joy however the thrill of feeling good is from
    God and strengthens us no matter what we run into in this life.
    Kelly
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 May '13 20:35
    Don't see a lot of "feeling good" from the great flood, for example. Makes it hard to parse your meaning.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:271 edit

i wonder, did humor come as an effect of sin?
    Sounds like a Christian question.

edit: again, first thing in the morning, rather than delete I'll just ... laugh and and roll with it.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 May '13 21:28
    Not "Butch"?
    No. Sometimes "Bubbles". But then again I call kids and animals that too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree