1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 14:15
    Sampson is mentioned, big dude. Why no short races? We have solid fossil evidence of short people with combined ape and human characteristics but your bible mentions nothing about them. Why?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22108784
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 14:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sampson is mentioned, big dude. Why no short races? We have solid fossil evidence of short people with combined ape and human characteristics but your bible mentions nothing about them. Why?:

Clearly, the Bible doesn't mention every animal from the primordial ooze all the way up to man.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 17:30
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Clearly, the Bible doesn't mention every animal from the primordial ooze all the way up to man.
    It mentions Sampson, out of the ordinary tall, why not the near men? These are real fossils. Half the height of today but bearing some human characteristics, said to be 3 million years old. A missing link. There were also the Hobbit people, you probably heard of them, lived along side modern humans till about 12K years ago. Of course, RJ just poo-poo's them as hydrocephalic or some such, a few diseased individuals.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 19:05
    It mentions Sampson, out of the ordinary tall, why not the near men? These are real fossils. Half the height of today but bearing some human characteristics, said to be 3 million years old. A missing link. There were also the Hobbit people, you probably heard of them, lived along side modern humans till about 12K years ago. Of course, RJ just poo-poo's them as hydrocephalic or some such, a few diseased individuals.
    Them Hobbit people only lasted that long because the Elves and a big Wizard had their back.
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 19:05
    I like how you call him "Sampson".
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 19:09
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    He was British, related to the Thompsons🙂
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 21:40
    The 'p' is silent as in bpeer.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '13 22:001 edit
    And all this time I thought it was Samsung.

By the way, everybody was short back then, except Sam.

There was a centurion so short that he slept on his watch.

(Plagiarized from answers.yahoo.com.)
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 00:47

It was not unuusal to see short people, because all people started out being short as a baby. Here is a reference to a short man:

Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature. So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way.

(Luke 19:1-4 NKJV)
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 07:52

What about the short man who climbed a sycamore tree to see Jesus?
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 07:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It was not unuusal to see short people, because all people started out being short as a baby. Here is a reference to a short man:

Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. [b]Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was ...[text shortened]... p into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way.

(Luke 19:1-4 NKJV)[/b]
    Yep lol
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 14:51

tyrion lannister was busy visiting every brothel everywhere when the reporters started gathering material for the bible.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 18:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    tyrion lannister was busy visiting every brothel everywhere when the reporters started gathering material for the bible.
    Maybe the reporter on the science news article had visited some bars with the scientists before they put the pieces together of those partial skeletons. They obviously were too drunk to realize they were mixing ape skeletons with human skeletons. The reporter may have also enbellished the story by adding the age as 2 million years, even though some scientist often do that themselves in an attempt to make there finds more interesting.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 18:21
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe the reporter on the science news article had visited some bars with the scientists before they put the pieces together of those partial skeletons. They obviously were too drunk to realize they were mixing ape skeletons with human skeletons. The reporter may have also enbellished the story by adding the age as 2 million years, even though some scientist often do that themselves in an attempt to make there finds more interesting.
    Like I said, you are dreaming inside your mind.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Apr '13 19:10
    Like I said, you are dreaming inside your mind.
    O wise one, am I dreaming about the report of the short man in the Holy Bible too?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree