1. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:021 edit
    Originally posted by leunammi
    My post implies nothing about eternal suffering, perhaps you go back and read again if you did at all.

As far as those that do not know Christ, that will be up to him to judge not me, i do not know.
    I think its you that did not read it. You did say something about eternal suffering. Read your post again.

And you did say that people choose their fate. Jesus does not send anyone to hell.

Now you say Jesus will decide.

What does he decide then?
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:14
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think its you that did not read it. You did say something about eternal suffering. Read your post again.

And you did say that people choose their fate. Jesus does not send anyone to hell.

Now you say Jesus will decide.

What does he decide them?
    Do you believe people choose their fate? Yes or no?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:19
    Can you clarify what you are saying before asking questions?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:30
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Can you clarify what you are saying before asking questions?
    Reread my initial post, the one that you said was a narrow christian view. You should be able to gleen from that my view on something in so far as what was stated. I will leave it at that. Personally I dont really care to engage you any further, our past interactions have proven fruitless and i think this one is headed in the same direction. If you cant answer a question, then neither can i. Sorry.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:30
    Just our free will?
    Or is satan involved to steer our free will?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 02:33
    Reread my initial post, the one that you said was a narrow christian view. You should be able to gleen from that my view on something in so far as what was stated. I will leave it at that. Personally I dont really care to engage you any further, our past interactions have proven fruitless and i think this one is headed in the same direction. If you cant answer a question, then neither can i. Sorry.
    No need to apologize. I understand.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:21
    Originally posted by chaney3
    You can find those requested quotes in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.*

*In the Bible.
    So you don't have them yourself, you're just throwing it out there in a sort of hope that people will give you credibility despite you just regurgitating stuff you've read on here from other posters, right?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:253 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nowhere did he say that he believed in your 'special pet-peeve "eternal torment" hell'. In fact, if you actually read his post without your 'auto-sneer' turned on, it appears that he does not.
    Here is what he said:

Firstly and most importantly, Jesus is not going to send anyone to hell, it is us, ourselves that make that determination by how we choose to live in this life. God is going to deal with sin, and if we are in sin... we go along for the ride so to speak. It's our choice.

But it's OK if he doesn't want to discuss it and you just want to tub-thump as usual.
    🙂
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:301 edit
    Let me ask you this question.

What is hell?
    Why don't you clarify what you believe before asking questions?

That way you will avoid the embarrassment of having to pretend that you don't know what part of your beliefs people are responding to and having to rely of posters like Suzianne to protect you from the barrage of abuse she seems to think is coming your way.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 07:31
    What do you believe and why?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 10:301 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The guy is another of the copycat types who want to say something but dont have the ability to present an original thought or opinion in their own words and in simple plain english for everyone to understand. So he posts website stuff which quite likely he neither read nor understood. Plus when he is questioned is gets arrogant and defensive.

The first piece of nonsense is that God does not send anyone to hell, people choose to go there. Where people pick up this utter garbage from I dont know. For sure its not in the bible. He further puts his foot in his mouth by saying that Jesus decides peoples fate... which contradicts his first statement.

Next he says something about about people having no choice regarding eternal suffering, and then claims he says nothing about it.

Lenuanammi hereis some advice. If you dont want to discuss, then dont post. If you post then learn to write clearly so that people can understand.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 13:32
    So you don't have them yourself, you're just throwing it out there in a sort of hope that people will give you credibility despite you just regurgitating stuff you've read on here from other posters, right?
    Matthew 13:36-51

Jesus teaches His disciples about.....fiery furnace, weeping, gnashing of teeth. He also speaks about man's actions, and how those actions get them to the furnace.

Please read the verses and comment.
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 13:49
    Is YOUR Jesus really going to send YOU to hell

There is no embarrassment, and there certainly is no reliance on other posters like suzianne to 'protect' from a barrage of abuse that may be coming my way. Whatever that means.

I have learned that for the most part, posting in the spirituality forum is analogous to jumping into a snake pit full of anxious vipers. On one hand you have those like yourself who put words into people's mouths and attribute views to them as if they had said something themselves (as you did in your first response to my post). Your assumptions are without merit, especially in this case because I have not had a conversation (that I recall) regarding the commets you leveled at me as if they were my views. Your constant pestering of chaney3 as to whether he 'now' is a Christian, was a Christian, soon to be a Christian (whatever you want to call it) is sickening and a bit childish, it certainly is not Christ like. The man is searching, asking questions, and has a problem (drinking, self-stated as I recollect) and does not deserve abuse because he is this way one day and that way another, do the right thing and have some grace for someone that is searching. Conversing with folk like this (you) is like work, it gets tiring after a while, to the point of oneself asking 'why bother'? A few other posters finally had enough and said adios because of just this sort of behavior, can’t blame them. I am about there myself, or perhaps I will just pay no mind to obnoxious, full of themselves posters.

Others like Rajk999 have no interest in what other posters have to say or why (it’s my way or the highway, and with a few derogatory words thrown in) especially if they claim to be a Christian, which will almost certainly put a target on you for his form of abuse. I am sorry but I find that neither edifying or helpful. Perhaps I am naive in thinking that a forum like the spirituality is for discussing matters of faith and spiritual things when what really goes on is something quite different. I have never seen such hostility by those who proclaim to be Christians as I do from you and at least one or two other birds as I do here.

Can't help it but , 'accuser of the brethren' comes to mind sometimes, just sometimes though. I am unimpressed!

To answer a couple of questions.

1) The OP asks Is YOUR Jesus really going to send YOU to hell

The way I interpret the question (OP) is that of one for Christians. Those of other religions and those of no religion or faith don’t have Jesus, ‘My Jesus’. Jesus is of what we call the Christian faith. Perhaps I am mistaken, perhaps I misinterpreted the OP, perhaps the OP should have been written differently, I don’t really care but this is my reason for responding in the manner as I did. As a question for Christians.

People become aware and are awakened to this thing called sin by the Holy Spirit, and become faced with some choices.

From the bible…

John 16:5-15 King James Version (KJV)

5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Do we follow Jesus or continue in sin? Do you see the choice here, do you see that it is us that chooses where we are going and if we have eternal life once we have come to the truth? As long as we breath we still have a choice, I thank God for his patience with me because I fail miserably every day, but I choose this day to serve him. It’s a choice.

From the bible…

Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

If we are choosing sin, we are choosing death. If we choose the gift of God, we are choosing eternal life through Jesus Christ.

I once believed that that eternal punishment meant an eternity of anguish and torture to no end. I now believe that eternal punishment means to extinguish, snuff out, destroyed, it is eternal in the sense that it cannot be undone, ever. Perhaps as I continue to grow and gain deeper understanding of God, my view on this will change yet again. This does not bother me because I don’t believe how I view hell, punishment, death matters a whole lot with regards to eternal life and weather I believed the thing exactly right in order to have it.

I view hell as death, the absence of life, the absence of God.

2) Rajk999 Your post implies thst those who do not know Jesus Christ can face eternal suffering

This is answered above as to how I interpreted the OP, and the question being asked, that the OP is directed to Christians. I have said nothing about eternal suffering nor implied it, that is your assumption. The matter of hell, punishment and death I interpret as a place of becoming nonexistent, gone, and done and never to be heard from or thought of again. Imagine throwing a log on a hot fire, what happens to it? It is consumed and unable to return to it’s original state, it’s gone, it’s eternal and it’s forever. I believe that this is ‘punishment’, hell, or whatever you want to call it. As I previously stated, this is where I am right now, that is view and it may change as growth occurs, I don’t know.

As for those that do not know Jesus right now and what happens to them? I have wondered that for many many years and how God would bring all to the place of knowing Jesus. I do believe that he can and will at some point, but I don’t know how. Thus my response As far as those that do not know Christ, that will be up to him to judge not me, i do not know

3) My question to chaney3 what is hell? was an attempt to further understand what he meant by it in the OP because I thought that maybe we were thinking different things.

I think that does it for the most part with questions, now let me give some advice.

Rajk999, resort to discussing topics, ideas, views and beliefs with others that are in disagreement with yourself with some decency and respect. It will go a long way and who knows, maybe you will be respected back.

divegeester, please follow forum rules and quote a posters comments as stated vs. applying your own assumptions and biases on top of them as if they were what was said. Resort to discussing topics, ideas, views and beliefs with others that are in disagreement with yourself with some decency and respect. It will go a long way and who knows, maybe you also will be respected back.

Now a question, if you will. What do you disagree with in regards to what I have stated as my belief? What is wrong, unbiblical, etc?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 13:58
    Is YOUR Jesus really going to send YOU to hell?
    This question is meant to be personal for each individual. Each person has their OWN Jesus, regardless of what church they go to.

I asked the question in this manner because it's likely that some Christians/Catholics probably view THEIR Jesus differently than what's portrayed in the Bible, specifically with the 'hell issue'.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 14:04
    Each person has their OWN Jesus, regardless of what church they go to.
    How many jesuses are there? Apart from my dog...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree