1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 14:06
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    How many jesuses are there? Apart from my dog...
    You are doing no favors for atheists.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 14:15
    "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode

A song that captures the essence of Jesus being personal to each person. Someone to hear YOUR prayer.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 14:45
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Is YOUR Jesus really going to send YOU to hell

There is no embarrassment, and there certainly is no reliance on other posters like suzianne to 'protect' from a barrage of abuse that may be coming my way. Whatever that means.

I have learned that for the most part, posting in the spirituality forum is analogous to jumping into a snake pit full of anxio ...[text shortened]... ou disagree with in regards to what I have stated as my belief? What is wrong, unbiblical, etc?
    This thread is proof that you are mentally unstable. Both Dive and I asked a couple of simple questions. There was no hostility or animosity. Your replies to both of us were hostile and dismissive. Clearly it is YOU that cannot answer questions in response to your opinions.

Where have I done that? Where have I abused people who ask me questions in response to my posts.
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 15:04
    Originally posted by chaney3
    This question is meant to be personal for each individual. Each person has their OWN Jesus, regardless of what church they go to.

I asked the question in this manner because it's likely that some Christians/Catholics probably view THEIR Jesus differently than what's portrayed in the Bible, specifically with the 'hell issue'.
    Well, there is only one Jesus and I can't really relate to each person having there own Jesus. Seems like an odd notion to me.
  5. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 15:07
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This thread is proof that you are mentally unstable. Both Dive and I asked a couple of simple questions. There was no hostility or animosity. Your replies to both of us were hostile and dismissive. Clearly it is YOU that cannot answer questions in response to your opinions.

Where have I done that? Where have I abused people who ask me questions in response to my posts.
    Rajk999, you have history of coming off just as I have described. i do not feel compelled to research it through and point it out to you, go back and read some of you interactions for yourself if you really can't remember.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 15:17
    You are doing no favors for atheists.
    While you sir bring few sandwiches to the theist picnic basket.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 15:21
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    While you sir bring few sandwiches to the theist picnic basket.
    Do you approve of his comparing Jesus to a dog?

Or do atheists stick together?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 16:32
    Do you approve of his comparing Jesus to a dog?

Or do atheists stick together?
    Am pained to remind you sir that you've written far worse about Jesus in this forum.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:01
    Matthew 13:36-51

Jesus teaches His disciples about.....fiery furnace, weeping, gnashing of teeth. He also speaks about man's actions, and how those actions get them to the furnace.

Please read the verses and comment.
    If you eventually go and find the verses and post them in here, then I'll read them. Meanwhile I shall continue to assume that you have zero clue about what you are talking about and are simply regurgitating stuff you have read in this forum by other contributors who are much more informed and referenced than you are.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:081 edit
    Can't help it but , 'accuser of the brethren' comes to mind sometimes, just sometimes though. I am unimpressed!
    You should do like josephw and back this barb up with a juicy scripture to lace it with real venom.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:111 edit
    I have learned that for the most part, posting in the spirituality forum is analogous to jumping into a snake pit full of anxious vipers.

On one hand you have those like yourself who put words into people's mouths and attribute views to them as if they had said something themselves (as you did in your first response to my post).
    And yet here you are, behaving like a snake and adding significant venom yourself. You are aware of the term hypocrite, I assume.

And, I quoted you verbatim, twice. You pretended not to understand for some reason and got called on it by myself and Rajk999.

As for chaney3, he is an abusive poster who derides Jesus and mocks the bible while hiding behind the excuse of drinking. He has himself confessed that his confessions of alcoholism were greatly exaggerated. I am interested in his enquiries but intolerant of his stupidity and dishonesty. You are free you indulge him as you see fit of course.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:181 edit
    This does not bother me because I don’t believe how I view hell, punishment, death matters a whole lot with regards to eternal life and weather I believed the thing exactly right in order to have it.
    I agree with this.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:191 edit
    divegeester, please follow forum rules and quote a posters comments as stated vs. applying your own assumptions and biases on top of them as if they were what was said.
    I quoted you verbatim, at least twice. If you can find somewhere where I misquoted you then please feel free to...err quote me doing so.

Ps please try to avoid the sonship style monologues if at least possible. If makes replying in a way that won't upset you quite difficult.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:26
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you eventually go and find the verses and post them in here, then I'll read them. Meanwhile I shall continue to assume that you have zero clue about what you are talking about and are simply regurgitating stuff you have read in this forum by other contributors who are much more informed and referenced than you are.
    Are you in such a rush to be an ass that you missed the fact that I included the verses from Matthew?

I will await a humble apology.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:29
    Are you in such a rush to be an ass that you missed the fact that I included the verses from Matthew?

I will await a humble apology.
    No you didn't, you cited a section of scripture for me to go and look up, which I'm not inclind to do. If you want me to read something you are calling a "quote" of Jesus, then "quote" him, in full with reference and a brief statement saying why you think it's relevant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree