1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 21:39
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Are you seriously saying you are unaware of Jesus talking about sin and hell?
    I'm asking you for the quotes you claim to have. Do you have them or are you going to retract your statement?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 21:41
    Originally posted by leunammi
    Hmmm. I dont see where anything you stated was a quote or attributed to something i said. Could you please clarify your point or question?
    My reply to you is on page 2, 6th post down as you very well know.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 21:43
    Well, I personally don't see anyone going to hell. I recently posted in another thread that the sacrifice of Jesus was too great for that.

God may judge us, and we may have our own personal price to pay.....depending on the severity of sin....but not hell.
    Let me ask you this question.

What is hell?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 21:44
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm asking you for the quotes you claim to have. Do you have them or are you going to retract your statement?
    You can find those requested quotes in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.*

*In the Bible.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 22:04
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnxM6hsTYA
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 22:05
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thank you, thank you! (*receiving applauses*)

No, actually, I don't have much to learn about spirituality by spiritualists. I prefer more reliable sources.
    Why did you start that religion vs spirituality thread in Science ?

you wanted to get the scientific minds to answer instead of the 'spiritualists'?
    BTW I don't know how much of a spiritualist chaney3 is. You may be giving him more credit than is due.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 23:311 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Oh I see, it's our fault.

It's our fault that god had to create us, allowed satan to mess with us, and then he's judged us. But...in the meantime he has created this place, a place of unimaginable flesh-melting horror, where he will supernaturally keep billions of people alive while he tortures them for eternity.

Sorry, I got carried away there...you were saying that it's our fault, please carry on.
    Nowhere did he say that he believed in your 'special pet-peeve "eternal torment" hell'. In fact, if you actually read his post without your 'auto-sneer' turned on, it appears that he does not.

I (kind of) understand your need to 'shout down' everyone who even appears to you to disagree with you, but maybe you could save it for those who actually disagree with you.

Or, you know, not. Your choice (which just happens to be his point, that you just ran over with a truck).
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why did you start that religion vs spirituality thread in Science ?

you wanted to get the scientific minds to answer instead of the 'spiritualists'?
    BTW I don't know how much of a spiritualist chaney3 is. You may be giving him more credit than is due.
    He probably wanted to get opinions without all the personality-driven acrimony which drives this forum lately.

Edit: I see that he actually got some of that over there, too, it just took longer than it happens here.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 00:081 edit
    Let me ask you this question.

What is hell?
    I am theorizing that there is no hell. The sacrifice of Jesus saves us all.

God however, will judge us according to how we have lived our lives, and there 'could' be a way for us to redeem ourselves. All of this, in a system designed to have all of mankind reach Heaven.

It doesn't make sense that the crucifixion would only 'cover' a select few.

Edit: redemption after we die.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:09
    Firstly and most importantly, Jesus is not going to send anyone to hell, it is us, ourselves that make that determination by how we choose to live in this life. God is going to deal with sin, and if we are in sin... we go along for the ride so to speak. It's our choice.

Much in the same way if we put our hand of our own volition into a flame we will ...[text shortened]... t you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter."

Hope that answers your question.
    This is what is called a narrow Christian view. What about those who never heard about Jesus or God for that matter?
  11. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    This is what is called a narrow Christian view. What about those who never heard about Jesus or God for that matter?
    What do you disagree with?
  12. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:23
    I am theorizing that there is no hell. The sacrifice of Jesus saves us all.

God however, will judge us according to how we have lived our lives, and there 'could' be a way for us to redeem ourselves. All of this, in a system designed to have all of mankind reach Heaven.

It doesn't make sense that the crucifixion would only 'cover' a select few.

Edit: redemption after we die.
    Who said the crucifixion only covered a select few? John 3:16

It was for all.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:31
    Who said the crucifixion only covered a select few? John 3:16

It was for all.
    So then nobody 'perishes'?

Or is there a 'catch'? Would God Almighty create a 'catch' to this act of love by Jesus?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:481 edit
    What do you disagree with?
    Your post implies thst those who do not know Jesus Christ can face eternal suffering... plus you further state that it is by their choice.

Is that what you are saying. If not please be clear.
  15. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your post implies thst those who do not know Jesus Christ can face eternal suffering... plus you further state that it is by their choice.

Is that what you are saying. If not please be clear.
    My post implies nothing about eternal suffering, perhaps you go back and read again if you did at all.

As far as those that do not know Christ, that will be up to him to judge not me, i do not know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree