1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 11:57
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Bump for Nicksten.
    Bump for you, since you are ill equipped to speak the truth of the gospel in an appreciable way.

But you are keen to criticize Christians continuously.
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 18:45
    Bump for Nicksten.
    Getting a deja vu, thinking any answer will never be accepted but I've already made comments to answer the question.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 20:44
    Originally posted by @fmf
    sonship tries to smear some of his pre-monologue drool on divegeester's face instead of just addressing the OP. No surprise there, then.
    sonship tries to smear some of his pre-monologue drool on divegeester's face instead of just addressing the OP. No surprise there, then.

Hmmm. sonship's "pre-monologue drool".

Now NOBODY PICK ON FMF !!
    Saying stuff as if to "lash out" at FMF about his posts is NOT NICE.

Dr. Glass Jaw much.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 21:161 edit
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Do you have a reference to the contrary?

Unfortunately for you, you don't fully understand the gospel of the grace of God. The law, which you apparently live under says that if you fail to keep the law you're dead, but grace is much more demanding. Grace says if you fall, then get back up and get going again.

Jesus died for all our sins. Past, prese ...[text shortened]... hing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
    Grace is a licence to sin... lol 😀

Good luck with that.

I note as well you failed to provide a support for your false doctrine.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 21:26
    Glad to be of service.

You can read the various posters here and make an informed decision about the truth of the gospel even though some of us vehemently disagree on essential points of doctrine.

Remember what Jesus said. "My sheep hear my voice". Let The Word speak for itself.
    My sheep hear my voice and they follow me.

Christ sheep follow Christ.

That means follow his commandments.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 21:485 edits
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Feb '18 23:583 edits
    Originally posted by @nicksten
    Agreed - I still have much to learn and what was taught to me as a young child has obviously sticked. Finding the truth is hard as people have personal views which contradicts with what is given in the Bible - but that is another argument for me - maybe even a doctrine I am battling to fight. I don't know.

Thanks for your post.
    Above all seek truth.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of Christians seek to affirm the self-serving doctrine that they've been taught instead of seeking truth

A couple of other doctrines that are self-serving other than "Once Saved Always Saved" are "Imputed Righteousness" and "Vicarious Atonement".

If you put any of them under the light of truth, they don't hold up. None are included in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 00:17
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Above all seek truth.

From what I can tell, the vast majority of Christians seek to affirm the self-serving doctrine that they've been taught instead of seeking truth

A couple of other doctrines that are self-serving other than "Once Saved Always Saved" are "Imputed Righteousness" and "Vicarious Atonement".

If you put any of them under the light ...[text shortened]... they don't hold up well. None are included in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    It’s actually several of your stated beliefs that are refuted by Jesus Christ’s own words in the Gospels.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 04:57
    Welcome back to the forum.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '18 04:591 edit
    Originally posted by @nicksten
    Getting a deja vu, thinking any answer will never be accepted but I've already made comments to answer the question.
    You avoided my post which was questioning your self contradictory comment which revealed that you don’t know what you believe.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '18 11:35
    Bump for you, since you are ill equipped to speak the truth of the gospel in an appreciable way.

SecondSon, this is a debate forum not a Christian club. Do you feel Christians should be somehow excused from scrutiny of their beliefs?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 12:571 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    The Trinity is indeed Biblical and that is not just the view of Jesus Christ’s disciples and other followers but of Jesus Christ Himself.
    Ooh, look what I found 🙂
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 12:59
    Ooh, look what I found 🙂
    What does that have to do with anything? I never said the Trinity wasn’t Biblical nor did I ever say I didn’t believe in the Trinity
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 13:00
    What does that have to do with anything? I never said the Trinity wasn’t Biblical nor did I ever say I didn’t believe in the Trinity
    Oh you want to talk to me now do you?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 13:031 edit
    So you have be pretty unequivocal about the trinity doctrine being what you belive and yet you chose to prevaricate in an extraordinary way in the other thread.

Are you still maintaining that you don’t know what a trinitarian is Romans1009?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree