‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Nobody cares anymore.
Best check with the head troll on that; he brings it up at least once a day. You know he doesn’t like when his trolls start freelancing

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
I’m right here.

Oops!
Now you are messing with his head properly. The dude should know that I'm not that active on the forums over weekends.

Moves
12 Feb 18

Nobody cares anymore.
You mean now that you have started doubting your own trolling abilities?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

When they realized the accusation that I had another account no longer bothered me, they suddenly lost interest in it. Textbook trolling.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18
2 edits

Many Christians in here use the bible’s text and a spiteful weapon when they feel intellectually outgunned. Josephw, Grammy Bobby, Sonship, Galveston75 (a JW), Checkbaiter, Lemon Lime to name just a few. You’ve not been here long enough to see it, but you are one of that group I suppose.

Some of us are sincerely seeking the truth and not worrying about who outguns who.

You've presented some case for Annhilationism and under examination, the case is not too strong biblically.

Strong emotions don't really count for "outgunning".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
When they realized the accusation that I had another account no longer bothered me, they suddenly lost interest in it.
What do you think it says about you as a contributor in these forums, that the most interesting thing about you was that you might have been dj2becker in disguise?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
As I keep advising you sonship, the premise you need to address is in my OP of this thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

What do you think it says about you as a contributor in these forums, that the most interesting thing about you was that you might have been dj2becker in disguise?
It says you and the other trolls were so outgunned you desperately latched onto anything to try to save yourselves.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

Many Christians in here use the bible’s text and a spiteful weapon when they feel intellectually outgunned. Josephw, Grammy Bobby, Sonship, Galveston75 (a JW), Checkbaiter, Lemon Lime to name just a few. You’ve not been here long enough to see it, but you are one of that group I suppose.

Some of us are sincerely seeking the truth and not ...[text shortened]... the case is not too strong biblically.

There ought to be a thread on annihilationism. I haven’t presented any evidence but remember reading an article that cited verses from the Bible in support of it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 18

As I keep advising you sonship, the premise you need to address is in my OP of this thread.
Its not much of an OP. More of a lampoon, a satire.
And I think I did respond to it way back.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Feb 18

Its not much of an OP. More of a lampoon, a satire.
And I think I did respond to it way back.
Yes you did respond,just not with anything that could counter it.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
13 Feb 18

I have discussed this very interresting thread with both our pastors and they both agree that God created hell for satan and his angels, not for a human soul.
Eternal suffering is meant for satan and evil beings, not for humans.

Having said that....
Matthew 7:21 says "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Lets take a quick look at why Moses was not allowed to enter the Promised Land, I mean, what warranted such a severe penalty from God.
Moses had to gather the assembly together and speak to a rock which will pour its water in front of them all, instead Moses struck the rock with his staff.
It was a plain and simple thing but by being disobedient to a sovereign God, Moses got to a point in his life where God has shown Moses the Promised Land but was barred from entering it.

Now, do I believe that Moses is burning in hell for that? No.
Do I believe that Moses deserved the punishment for not being allowed into the Promised Land for such a plain and simple thing? No.
But that is me, I'm not God so whether I think the punishment is right or not or fits the crime is not up to me, but to God.

"Once saved always saved?"

I read a very nice article where a person argued with a preacher (who believes the above statement). The person argued: "I find your treatise quite confusing, you mean if I am a believer in Jesus, and I decide to sleep with my neighbours wife, and die in the process I can still go to heaven? this sounds like the old trick of the devil. Jesus also told the Woman caught in adultery to go and sin no more, you mean if she sins she will still go to heaven? Well I was taught in the Bible that the wages of sin(whether by christians/non christians) is death."

Ezekiel 18:20-28
20) The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.
21) “But if a wicked person turns away from all the sins they have committed and keeps all my decrees and does what is just and right, that person will surely live; they will not die.
22) None of the offenses they have committed will be remembered against them. Because of the righteous things they have done, they will live.
23) Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?
24) “But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.
25) “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not just.’ Hear, you Israelites: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust?
26) If a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin, they will die for it; because of the sin they have committed they will die.
27) But if a wicked person turns away from the wickedness they have committed and does what is just and right, they will save their life.
28) Because they consider all the offenses they have committed and turn away from them, that person will surely live; they will not die.

By reading the above, do not be fooled to believe that if you're once saved you're saved for life! That is my opinion.

I still need to find an answer to the above by what is meant by die.
Is it just dying and then go to heaven or die with eternal suffering.

I believe its the latter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @nicksten
I have discussed this very interresting thread with both our pastors and they both agree that God created hell for satan and his angels, not for a human soul.
Eternal suffering is meant for satan and evil beings, not for humans.

Having said that....
Matthew 7:21 says "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heave ...[text shortened]... it just dying and then go to heaven or die with eternal suffering.

I believe its the latter.
That long passage from Ezekiel is in the Old Testament and represented the system before the New Covenant that God made with man through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

Believing in Christ is what makes one righteous (in right standing with God.)

If a person continues to willfully sin after they claim to have accepted Christ, that person is not saved because once God’s Holy Spirit indwells a believer, the believer’s heart (and consequently behavior) is changed for the better.

A saved Christian will still sin because he or she is still living in the flesh, but the sinning should become less and less and be followed by genuine remorse and repentance.

I believe “once saved, always saved” is supported by the Bible and will post relevant verses if anyone is interested.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @nicksten
Well I’m sure that’s a load-off for many people here.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
14 Feb 18

Well I’m sure that’s a load-off for many people here.
you can believe what you want I'm sure!