1. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 12:41
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    That long passage from Ezekiel is in the Old Testament and represented the system before the New Covenant that God made with man through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

Believing in Christ is what makes one righteous (in right standing with God.)

If a person continues to willfully sin after they claim to have accepted Christ, that person is not sav ...[text shortened]... , always saved” is supported by the Bible and will post relevant verses if anyone is interested.
    Something interesting for discussion, would you still be considered saved if you were once a devoted strong ethical Christian and now converted to satanism?

The thing I always fall back to is the fact that God says "because you turned lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth". Making the statement (in my view) of once saved always saved a bit something I can not believe in.

Some of those versus will help me for sure. Thanks.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 13:04
    Originally posted by @nicksten
    Something interesting for discussion, would you still be considered saved if you were once a devoted strong ethical Christian and now converted to satanism?

The thing I always fall back to is the fact that God says "because you turned lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth". Making the statement (in my view) of once saved always saved a bit something I can not believe in.

Some of those versus will help me for sure. Thanks.
    <<Something interesting for discussion, would you still be considered saved if you were once a devoted strong ethical Christian and now converted to satanism?>>

I don’t think that’s a possibility. In other words, someone who converted to satanism was not a strong Christian to begin with.

<<Some of those versus will help me for sure. Thanks.[/b]>>

No problem. May not get to it ‘til the weekend but will post at least some of them.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 14:24
    you can believe what you want I'm sure!
    I spoke to 3 of my pastors and they said hell doesn't exist, it's symbolic.

But you can believe what you want I'm sure!
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '18 17:352 edits
    I have discussed this very interresting thread with both our pastors and they both agree that God created hell for satan and his angels, not for a human soul.
    Eternal suffering is meant for satan and evil beings, not for humans.

Having said that....
    Matthew 7:21 says "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heave ...[text shortened]... it just dying and then go to heaven or die with eternal suffering.

I believe its the latter.
    The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18.

For example:
    John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    31 ...“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
    35“The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
    51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

Only those who have been made free from committing sin will "remain in the house forever", "will never see death" - in other words have eternal life.

Those who have not been made free from committing sin will not have eternal life - they will die.

Jesus even went so far as to quote God from Ezekiel 18 here:
    Matthew 16
    27“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS.

And echoes that concept here:
    John 5
    28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Do you think that the above does not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 05:33
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I spoke to 3 of my pastors and they said hell doesn't exist, it's symbolic.

But you can believe what you want I'm sure!
    So tell me - what in the Bible is symbolic...and what is not?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 05:38
    So tell me - what in the Bible is symbolic...and what is not?
    Why don’t you tell me?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 05:40
    Why don’t you tell me?
    He asked you first.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:01
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    He asked you first.
    Why don’t you let him answer for himself?
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:08
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    The gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry is a logical extension of the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18.

For example:
    John 8
    34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
    31 ...“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and t ...[text shortened]... not parallel and then logically extend the concepts set forth by God in Ezekiel 18? If so, how?
    I get what you're saying, and maybe its difficult for me to grasp it that quickly and easily.
    Look, I believe that once you're saved you're saved BUT that doesn't mean you can now live in sinful/wicked ways "cause you're save". I strongly believe that you can make yourself unsaved.

In my previous post I said the statement is false yet here I'm saying its true - maybe the above explains my view/believe better. The thing is, people believe that irrespective of what you do after being saved, doesn't matter how an evil of a person you become, you're always saved and that is foolish to believe that.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:14
    Why don’t you tell me?
    Well because you're letting on you apparently know more
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:24
    Well because you're letting on you apparently know more
    Know more than who?
    What did I post that gives you this impression?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:28
    Look, I believe that once you're saved you're saved BUT that doesn't mean you can now live in sinful/wicked ways "cause you're save". I strongly believe that you can make yourself unsaved.
    You believe that once you are saved you are always saved, and you also “strongly” believe that you can make yourself unsaved?

So you don’t know what you believe do you?
  13. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 06:59
    I get what you're saying, and maybe its difficult for me to grasp it that quickly and easily.

In my previous post I said the statement is false yet here I'm saying ...[text shortened]... ter how an evil of a person you become, you're always saved and that is foolish to believe that.
    "I strongly believe that you can make yourself unsaved".

What did you do to make yourself saved? How then can you do something to make yourself unsaved?

Just asking.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 07:07
    What did I post that gives you this impression?
    It's the sound of your posting. You sound like a prick trying to give the impression you're wiser and wittier.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '18 08:58
    Originally posted by @secondson
    It's the sound of your posting. You sound like a prick trying to give the impression you're wiser and wittier.
    Which part of of the sound of my posting gives you this impression?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree