‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

‘Eternal suffering’ is nonsensical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Sorry but was that a ‘yes you have changed your view that non Christians will burn alive in hell’, or a ‘no you haven’t changed your view’?

Subsequently, which passages are you referrimg to when you state: “I recognize the symbolism of passages concerning eternal punishment”, and what does that mean in terms of your construct of hell will Jesus overseeing the eternal burning?
Sonship?

F

Moves
14 Jan 18

Originally posted by @sonship
What is your better way to live ?
Why not ignore me and those so-called gullible people like me, and concentrate on posting on Spirituality your superior and more credible spiritual beliefs and way to live?

Who'se to interfere?
Tell us what you have which is better than Jesus Christ.
This is just one of your stock deflections.

How do your superstitious beliefs create a moral imperative for people who do not believe the things you just so happen to believe?

F

Moves
14 Jan 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
sonship, in Rajik999, do you still feel you are chatting to a poster involved in "demonic activity"? Or have you already removed the plastic bag, loosened the belt, and taken the orange out of your mouth?
sonship, in Rajik999, do you still feel you are chatting to a poster involved in "demonic activity"? [BUMP]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 18

sonship, in Rajik999, do you still feel you are chatting to a poster involved in "demonic activity"? Or have you already removed the plastic bag, loosened the belt, and taken the orange out of your mouth? [BUMP]
What do you have better than our Lord Jesus Christ as I have written of Him here, and the God of the Bible ?

F

Moves
14 Jan 18

What do you have better than our Lord Jesus Christ as I have written of Him here, and the God of the Bible ?
There is no onus on anyone to come up with something that you might think trumps your torturer god ideology.

With what justification do you think your beliefs create moral imperatives for non-believers? What is the purpose of the grotesque threats your beliefs involve if the people you aim them at have no reason to believe you are talking about something real?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Jan 18

His mission was to get negative minds to gradually overcoming anger, jealousy and ignorance, and develop positive minds around love, compassion and wisdom. Through this, he hoped, we would come to experience lasting peace and happiness.

I prefer the sound of that. Thank you Buddha.

Moves
14 Jan 18

You asked me what I thought of this assertion - in terms of it supposedly being a moral argument - before, several times, and I answered. Why are you asking me again?
And there’s the classic FMF ripcord dodge we have all been waiting for. 😴

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
And there’s the classic FMF ripcord dodge we have all been waiting for. 😴
Oh dear, lol.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 18
1 edit

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 18
1 edit

- People die and their bodies go to the grave while their life force also referred to as the soul goes back to God;

In the lesson of [b]Luke 16:19-31
Lazarus died and went to "Abraham's bosom". That surely was going to God.
Would you say that the rich man went back to God too?

"And in Hades he lifted up his ...[text shortened]... 24)

Does the teaching portray the life force of the rich man going back to God?[/b]
Yes. I'm on the road right now and I will address your other questions tomorrow.

F

Moves
14 Jan 18

Which part of 'the creator of life gets to decide its fate' don't you get?
'My god figure can do whatever he wants to people who don't believe he exists' is not a joined-up moral argument. It's just an assertion about a magical being you cannot even show exists. It's akin to something a parent might try on a child: '...if the god of vegetables thinks you don't believe in eating those carrots, young man, he's going to burn you in a furnace, so eat up'. It may float your intellectual boats, I realize. But if it's all you've got, stop talking to me about it. Talk to someone else.

Moves
15 Jan 18
1 edit

'My god figure can do whatever he wants to people who don't believe he exists' is not a joined-up moral argument. It's just an assertion about a magical being you cannot even show exists. It's akin to something a parent might try on a child: '...if the god of vegetables thinks you don't believe in eating those carrots, young man, he's going to burn you in a fur ...[text shortened]... boats, I realize. But if it's all you've got, stop talking to me about it. Talk to someone else.
Strangely enough though it did float your boat for quite a few decades when you believed in the God of the Bible. You did find it a compelling argument then so you can't complain too much about it.

Assuming God exists, why do you think He would not be in a position to dictate the fate of His creation?

F

Moves
15 Jan 18

Assuming God exists, why do you think He would not be in a position to dictate the fate of His creation?
My thoughts on this haven't changed since when we discussed it before. If this is the only "moral argument" you have, try it out on someone else.

Moves
15 Jan 18
2 edits

My thoughts on this haven't changed since when we discussed it before. If this is the only "moral argument" you have, try it out on someone else.
From my perspective, in essence, it boils down to you thinking you are in a better position to make a moral judgement than your creator is without you being able to tell me why.

F

Moves
15 Jan 18

In essence it boils down to you thinking you are in a better position to make a moral judgement than your creator is without you being able to tell me why.
We discussed your superstitious approach before. It has no moral traction with a non-believer, as you know. You know what my analysis is. If you believe you might end up getting burned forever by your god figure after you die for whatever reason you imagine - or that I might, for that matter - then that is your prerogative. Thanks for your opinion about what constitutes a moral justification.