1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 14:57
    Originally posted by @sonship
    He dispenses that Person in His "pneumatic" form as "life giving Spirit" into the receivers.
    "pneumatic" in "quotation marks" ...really??

Where on earth do you get this rubbish from.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 14:58
    pneumatic

1.containing or operated by air or gas under pressure.
    "the machines with pneumatic loading are more efficient"

#sonship-strange-beliefs
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 14:58
    You like that sound of that? Well that's just the sound of the New Testament.

His mission was to get negative minds to gradually overcoming anger,

That Person who overcomes is Jesus. He overcame.
    So God dispenses Jesus as [b]life giving Spirit
    into those who receive Jesus. In speaking of His coming resurrection after His redemptiv ...[text shortened]... and redemption. That as it is written, He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord." [/b] [/quote][/b]
    Okay, both Jesus and the Buddha were about overcoming anger, jealousy and ignorance, and developing positive minds around love, compassion and wisdom.

The Buddha however won't be watching as the unfaithful burn for all eternity in the fires of hell.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 15:041 edit
    Anyone really interested why I used the term "pneumatic" in speaking of Christ ?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 15:17
    Anyone really interested why I used the term "pneumatic" in speaking of Christ ?
    I assuming it's because Witness Lee used it?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 16:521 edit
    Because you want to drill into scripture?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 22:07
    Rajk999,

There is what the Bible says clearly about destruction of the wicked
    Then there is the doctrine of eternal torment preached by churches

If destruction means non-existence in [b]Luke 12:4,5
    then it is impossible for God to do anything ELSE to a person once he has been killed.

But the point of the two verses is that ...[text shortened]... this is that then it is TRUE that He can only harm one while living and UP UNTIL death... STILL.[/b]
    This makes no sense at all. Jesus is saying that man can kill the body alone. God can destroy both body and soul. Your post sounds like gibberish
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 22:10

In between those two, churches add such terms and expressions which have roots in the bible but with a twisted interpretation..

You already admitted that eternal punishment of a hurting nature only takes place with the Devil and his angels.

Already to that extent you believe [b]"eternal punishment"
    is biblical. And that "ete ...[text shortened]... hat is your basis for assuming their experience has to be different? That is a genuine question.
    Never said that eternal punishment was your invention.

Eternal torment for all non Christians is your invention.

You continue to use the following expressions as if they were synonyms
    eternal punishment\
    eternal torment

They are not the same.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 22:12

In between those two, churches add such terms and expressions which have roots in the bible but with a twisted interpretation..

You already admitted that eternal punishment of a hurting nature only takes place with the Devil and his angels.

Already to that extent you believe [b]"eternal punishment"
    is biblical. And that "ete ...[text shortened]... hat is your basis for assuming their experience has to be different? That is a genuine question.
    If that is a genuine questions then you are really brainwashed by your church doctrine.

On what basis do you assume that the Devil is equal a normal human being who has lived his live without being either good nor evil.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 22:15
    - People die and their bodies go to the grave while their life force also referred to as the soul goes back to God;

In the lesson of [b]Luke 16:19-31
    Lazarus died and went to "Abraham's bosom". That surely was going to God.
    Would you say that the rich man went back to God too?

"And in Hades he lifted up his ...[text shortened]... 24)

Does the teaching portray the life force of the rich man going back to God?[/b]
    The life force or soul belongs to God and God decides where it goes. In that sense Yes it goes back to God
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jan '18 22:31

The righteous enter the Kingdom of God and the wicked are cast into the lake of fire
    - There are some who are neither righteous nor wicked and these the left in the grave

But you, I think, were speaking of that terminal point of no further remedy.

In [b]Revelation 20:14
    death and Hades (the holding place of the dead) themselves ...[text shortened]... to Jesus Christ for the assurance of eternal redemption and the grace to live in union with Him.[/b]
    I dont know who are the ones worshipping the Beast referred to in Revelation, but I would be wary of jumping to the conclusion that they will be tormented for eternity.

The only clear passage about eternal torment is here:

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10 KJV)

There is no other passage like that about ordinary humans. Now if someone were to read this Jude passage

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7 KJV)

So according to you Sodom and Gomorrha still burning or being tormented?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 04:054 edits
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Eternal torment for all non Christians is your invention.

What I did not invent is that the Bible says all those whose names were not written in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:15) .

And I did not invent the definite apostolic proclamation showing that if we confess with our mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in our heart that God has raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved. (Rom. 10:9)

You invented that men cannot be regenerated before the second coming of Christ and the millennial age. Well, you didn't invent it. But you believed some false teachers who taught you that.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 04:37
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    I dont know who are the ones worshipping the Beast referred to in Revelation, but I would be wary of jumping to the conclusion that they will be tormented for eternity.

Revelation 14:9 refers to "If anyone ...".
    And verse 11 refer's to "their tormenting".
    And verse 11 refers to "they".
    And it further refers to "those who".

The jumping to an unwarranted conclusion would be that these plural pronouns refer to only two people.

A more logical assumption would be that more are involved inasmuch as the previous chapter said the whole world worshipped the dragon .. "and they worshipped the beast".

The whole world shouldn't mean every last soul on the planet in the Great Tribulation, obviously since they are persecuting the saints. It probably means more than two people.

The only clear passage about eternal torment is here:

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10 KJV)

Revelation 14:9-11 is clear to most that the same applies.

I would not gamble on any interpretation that put forth a dubious hope that going to the same fate "the lake of fire" might yield a positive result as an exception.

If someone argue that "the lake of fire" is not mentioned in Revelation 14, that may be true.
    But torment "forever and ever" is said concerning both 14:11 and 20:10.

Would it make a difference? It is probably involving the same thing - "the lake of fire".

There is no other passage like that about ordinary humans.

This is shown to be unreliable above.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 04:43
    In the lesson of Luke 16:19-31Lazarus died and went to "Abraham's bosom"

"And in Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham from afar and Lazarus in his bosom. And he called out and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in torment in this flame."
    I think he did too. Jesus uttered lots of words, spoke in stories and parables to help his listeners understand his message. The prodigal son was literally a person, was he? There wasn’t really a lost coin, or even a real lost sheep. There is no literal hidden treasure, no literal mustard seed, no actual pearl of great price. The Good Samaritan was a fictional character to make a point, as was the unjust judge. There isn’t an actual sower of actual seed, it’s a parable a metaphorical analogy.

But hey Gehenna/hell is REAL, oh yes, hell liveth and breatheth is true it’s actual it’s not a parable. It’s not a nonsensical notion when you apply reality to it, it is perfect justice.

Come on!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '18 06:50
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    I predict another dodge.
    Do you? And yet it seems to be you who has dodged what I said. You're getting morality and laws mixed up. Do you disagree?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree