1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 05:58
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    We have already discussed all of this before. Why are you asking me this again? You know what I believe about the Bible.
    If you and I have indeed discussed Dasa's belief in an ultimate truth before, then I apologize.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 05:58
    You know what I believe about the Bible.
    My question is about the use of the word subjective and objective.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:00
    I simply asked you whether at this point there is still anything in the Bible that you agree with. I did not ask you about how the Bible has shaped your morality before. Your reasons for dodging my question are quite obvious.
    And you know full well what I do and don't agree with in so far as the Bible's utility as a source of moral guidance. I have not dodged this issue at all.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you and I have indeed discussed Dasa's belief in an ultimate truth before, then I apologize.
    If you have reason to believe that any of his beliefs are true feel free to say so, just as you are welcome to share beliefs of your own that you believe to be true, that is if you really believe anything to be true.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:041 edit
    If you have reason to believe that any of his beliefs are true feel free to say so, just as you are welcome to share beliefs of your own that you believe to be true, that is if you really believe anything to be true.
    You seem to be conceding that your notions of truth and morality are just as subjective as Dasa's are, because you both base what you assert about "truth" on your personal beliefs.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:09
    And you know full well what I do and don't agree with in so far as the Bible's utility as a source of moral guidance. I have not dodged this issue at all.
    What do you agree with?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:14
    What do you agree with?
    We discussed it before. I am not repeating myself at your behest. I explained what my moral code is, I explained how it overlaps with Christian principles [minus the concept of "sin" of course].

And I explained how and why [and when] this Bible stuff influenced me, and how that process was a part of the overall nature-nurture process that equips people like you and me - and just about everyone else - with a moral compass to help us navigate our lives in as moral a way as we can.

You're pretending that I haven't explained all these things to you because it is a gimmick that you use to avoid sincere and genuine discourse.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:19
    We discussed it before. I am not repeating myself at your behest. I explained what my moral code is, I explained how it overlaps with Christian principles [minus the concept of "sin" of course].

And I explained how and why [and when] this Bible stuff influenced me, and how that process was a part of the overall nature-nurture process that equips people like ...[text shortened]... these things to you because it is a gimmick that you use to avoid sincere and genuine discourse.
    I was asking you for specific moral principles in the Bible that you believe to be true. It is interesting that you are still pretending not to know what I am asking for exactly.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:241 edit
    I was asking you for specific moral principles in the Bible that you believe to be true. It is interesting that you are still pretending not to know what I am asking for exactly.
    I know exactly why you are typing the words that you are typing. If you really want to know what specific moral principles in the Bible coincide with mine [and indeed which ones have helped to shape mine] then just dig out the previous discussions we had about it (there were at least two) and feast on what I posted back then. As I say, I am not typing any of it again. You'd only pretend not to read it and then ask me about it again in a month from now.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:34
    I know exactly why you are typing the words that you are typing. If you really want to know what specific moral principles in the Bible coincide with mine [and indeed which ones have helped to shape mine] then just dig out the previous discussions we had about it (there were at least two) and feast on what I posted back then. As I say, I am not typing any of it again. You'd only pretend not to read it and then ask me about it again in a month from now.
    And I know exactly why you are continuing to dodge my question.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:37
    And I know exactly why you are continuing to dodge my question.
    I see what you are doing here as trolling. Plain and simple. Just so you know.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:40
    I see what you are doing here as trolling. Plain and simple. Just so you know.
    If you think that me pointing out that you are dodging my question is trolling then that's fine by me.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 06:43
    If you think that me pointing out that you are dodging my question is trolling then that's fine by me.
    Good. Because you claiming that I am dodging your question - when what I am doing is simply refusing to play along with your gimmicky approach to conversation - is, in my book, trolling.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 07:10
    Good. Because you claiming that I am dodging your question - when what I am doing is simply refusing to play along with your gimmicky approach to conversation - is, in my book, trolling.
    Obviously you could label any question that you find too inconvenient to answer as 'gimmicky conversation' as you have been doing for quite some time.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '18 07:18
    Obviously you could label any question that you find too inconvenient to answer as 'gimmicky conversation' as you have been doing for quite some time.
    Like I said, if you want to refresh your memory about what specific moral principles in the Bible coincide with mine and how those principles helped to shape mine then just go back and look at the discussions we had previously.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree