1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:101 edit
    @chaney3 said
    I'm speaking to dive, a supposed Christian, and am curious how he makes that claim.
    Do you claim to be a Christian?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:10
    @chaney3 said
    Yes, of course.
    However, before you tell me of the humble things you've done in "real life", you will have to explain why you choose to be the opposite on an online forum.
    Your Christianity would be highly questionable, due to the hypocrisy.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:11
    @chaney3 said
    FMF, you abandoned your faith, and kicked Jesus to the curb.
    Isn’t this what you did?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:12
    @chaney3 said
    FMF, you abandoned your faith, and kicked Jesus to the curb.
    And what about yourself? Have "you abandoned your faith, and kicked Jesus to the curb"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:17
    @fmf said
    Are you going to share your answer to this question when you ask it of yourself?
    BUMP for chaney3
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:21
    @fmf said
    BUMP for chaney3
    I apologize, not sure what the question is.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:241 edit
    @chaney3 said
    I apologize, not sure what the question is.
    It was my first post on this thread.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:26
    @fmf said
    It was my first post on this thread.
    Okay, I will reply.
    Stand by.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:27
    @chaney3 said
    Dive, when was the last time you visited a hospital to spend time with the sick?
    When was the last time you visited a prison to comfort the lost?
    When was the last time you fed the hungry?

What do you do????

You berate people on a chess site.
    Tsk tsk.
    You berate people on a chess site.

Do you?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 19:28
    @fmf said
    Do you claim to be a Christian?
    Another BUMP for chaney3
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '23 23:34
    @divegeester said
    From Corinthians, Ezekiel (twice) and Hebrews

And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give ...[text shortened]... criptures the premise that God speaks and writes his law directly into the hearts of his people?[/b]
    Note to self :

I find it interesting that Kellyjay has nothing to contribute to this OP.
  12. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 09:151 edit
    @divegeester said
    From Corinthians, Ezekiel (twice) and Hebrews

And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

19 And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give ...[text shortened]... criptures the premise that God speaks and writes his law directly into the hearts of his people?[/b]
    What is the significance of all this, and does anyone see in these scriptures the premise that God speaks and writes his law directly into the hearts of his people?

The significance of all this is God gave us all the ability to understand right from wrong. i.e., we know when we're lying, cheating, and stealing, and we know they are wrong. Also, we don't need the details of the premise that God speaks and writes his law directly into the hearts of his people, the fact that it exists is sufficient.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 10:30
    @chaney3 said
    Okay, I will reply.
    Stand by.
    Still standing by…
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 10:33
    @mchill said
    Also, we don't need the details of the premise that God speaks and writes his law directly into the hearts of his people, the fact that it exists is sufficient.
    But the “details” are written in the bible in old and New Testaments.

So you’re saying that the “significance” of the premise of my OP about these scriptures detailing that God writes his laws on people’s hearts, is that we don’t need the scriptures about God writing his laws on people’s hearts…. Is that right?
  15. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jan '23 14:421 edit
    @divegeester said
    But the “details” are written in the bible in old and New Testaments.

So you’re saying that the “significance” of the premise of my OP about these scriptures detailing that God writes his laws on people’s hearts, is that we don’t need the scriptures about God writing his laws on people’s hearts…. Is that right?
    You're making this far more complicated than it needs to be. Please go back and read what I wrote.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree