Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 30 Dec '07 05:20
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Beat that sucka!
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    30 Dec '07 05:43
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Beat that sucka!
    It was beaten back in 1972 by Miami. If Pats fall anywhere short of a Superbowl, they are just a small note in football history.

    P-
  3. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    30 Dec '07 13:28
    16-0 matters not.
  4. 31 Dec '07 06:09
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Beat that sucka!
    'tis a tainted record. Miami didn't result to illegal camera tactics to beat their opponents. They just kicked ass.
  5. Subscriber SmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    31 Dec '07 06:12
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    'tis a tainted record. Miami didn't result to illegal camera tactics to beat their opponents. They just kicked ass.
    I don't want to make too much of this, but yes, there is a tape that was deleted by the Patriots that no one can see.... no one will ever know the intent.
  6. 31 Dec '07 17:49
    A GREAT achivement by the PATS... one think of concern....how will the players act in the next game?

    what i mean is that they have reached an amazing HIGH with that win, there is danger of a 'let down' in the next game. after you reach such a high could the Pats players be on a downer?

    the Dolphines did it in '72, the media hype was not as intense as it is now a days, with the amount of coverage we get on tv, radio and internet.

    The world has changed a lot since the 70s.
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    31 Dec '07 18:56
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    'tis a tainted record. Miami didn't result to illegal camera tactics to beat their opponents. They just kicked ass.
    Could you please explain how a tape no one saw that was confiscated before anyone could watch it in the first half of the first game they totally dominated had anything to do with a single one of the Pat's wins.

    You can't.

    Bill has also said if he could do it over he would have better explained what the wording of the rule was, and why he did what he did. He was not using the tapes for the game, as was word of the rule. He decided to let it go and take his punishment not realizing that people had not clue why the tape was taken and thought it was some magical tape that would ensure a win in any game.

    It was no big deal, it wasn't a magic tape. Bill took his punishment and it's over. That one tape in game one that was never viewed is not some sort of magical smart bomb created to win games. Give me a break.

    P-
  8. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    01 Jan '08 10:45
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Beat that sucka!
    They still have to win the Super Bowl to tie Miami's record of an undefeated season.

    Regular season is just the first step
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    01 Jan '08 10:47
    Originally posted by spurs73
    A GREAT achivement by the PATS... one think of concern....how will the players act in the next game?

    what i mean is that they have reached an amazing HIGH with that win, there is danger of a 'let down' in the next game. after you reach such a high could the Pats players be on a downer?

    the Dolphines did it in '72, the media hype was not as intense as i ...[text shortened]... of coverage we get on tv, radio and internet.

    The world has changed a lot since the 70s.
    Ya back then they knew an undefeated season meant actually winning the Superbowl, not just the regualr season.

    Today we celebrate the most mundane things....not that 16-0 is mundane but it ain't no perfect season!
  10. 01 Jan '08 14:33
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Bill took his punishment and it's over.

    P-[/b]
    Bill took his punishment alright--a half-MILLION dollar punishment!!- but it definitely is not over. The Pats broke a rule; they cheated. Bill can get in line with Barry Bonds, Pete Rose, Bill O'Reilly, and everyone else who has tried to defend the indefensible and deflect criticism from himself. They might say "it's over" never mention it again, but that's okay; I'll do it for 'em
  11. Standard member impatient
    Big Cheese
    03 Jan '08 18:42
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Bill took his punishment alright--a half-MILLION dollar punishment!!- but it definitely is not over. The Pats broke a rule; they cheated. Bill can get in line with Barry Bonds, Pete Rose, Bill O'Reilly, and everyone else who has tried to defend the indefensible and deflect criticism from himself. They might say "it's over" never mention it again, but that's okay; I'll do it for 'em
    Bill O'Reilly??? WTF? What sport does he play now?
  12. 03 Jan '08 23:21
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    'tis a tainted record. Miami didn't result to illegal camera tactics to beat their opponents. They just kicked ass.
    I agree, would the PAts have been able to make them comebacks earlier this season if they could read the oppenents hand signals and what not. I think they could have but we'll always have that doubt.
  13. 03 Jan '08 23:46
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Bill took his punishment alright--a half-MILLION dollar punishment!!- but it definitely is not over. The Pats broke a rule; they cheated. Bill can get in line with Barry Bonds, Pete Rose, Bill O'Reilly, and everyone else who has tried to defend the indefensible and deflect criticism from himself. They might say "it's over" never mention it again, but that's okay; I'll do it for 'em
    I don't think Bill really cares. At least he hasn't made much of an effort to try to deflect the criticism your talking about. I'm sure he knows losers like you have nothing better to do and he's better off not wasting his time.

    By the way, you are aware he was voted AP Coach of the Year today.

    So much for the outcry.
  14. Standard member DaBearsFan08
    Chicago Maniac
    04 Jan '08 01:45
    Originally posted by John1916
    I agree, would the PAts have been able to make them comebacks earlier this season if they could read the oppenents hand signals and what not. I think they could have but we'll always have that doubt.
    Tainted? Lets be realistic. Did you really think the Jets would have beat the Pats anyhow? Highly unlikely. Since then there has been nothing illegal with what the Pats have done. They go out and kill teams with talent not cheats. There's nothing special with what they do. If you watch some replays all Brady does is throw it up to Moss in triple coverage. The coverage is right on but they still can't stop them. No tainted record there as I see it.
  15. 04 Jan '08 15:44
    Originally posted by DaBearsFan08
    Tainted? Lets be realistic. Did you really think the Jets would have beat the Pats anyhow? Highly unlikely. Since then there has been nothing illegal with what the Pats have done. They go out and kill teams with talent not cheats. There's nothing special with what they do. If you watch some replays all Brady does is throw it up to Moss in triple coverag ...[text shortened]... The coverage is right on but they still can't stop them. No tainted record there as I see it.
    Would the Jets have beat the Pats in a FAIR contest? Hmmm. We'll never know...since New England CHEATED!