1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    No...that means.."Clean up your own act before you attack others" 😛
    Why not do both? There are many Americans (for example) that are against their government's violations and also against China's.

I would say that doing both is probably the most coherent behaviour, actually.
  2. Joined
    26 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 18:49
    I must admit that the Opening ceremonmy was amazing!
    Good show😵
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Aug '08 20:14
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    I must admit that the Opening ceremonmy was amazing!
    Good show😵
    AGREED! IT was super! 🙂 The cerremoney that is, not the ceremonmy. 😀
  4. Joined
    17 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 05:09
    Australia won a medal today I saw it on the Tee Veeeeee. Track and field, fencing (tho they never show it) and some other cool random sports.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    10 Aug '08 05:11
    Originally posted by brocksampson
    Australia won a medal today I saw it on the Tee Veeeeee. Track and field, fencing (tho they never show it) and some other cool random sports.
    TV is off, I need batteries. Has the Athletics started?
  6. Joined
    26 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 15:30
    The butterfly 100 meters was a fanstastic race...Phelps has his 7th gold medal.🙂
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 15:521 edit
    OH Great !! We are allowed sports threads in the general forum now...I recall getting a "WARNING FOR THAT" , How times have changed!!!

Canada finally got 3 medals..........YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. The sky
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 15:581 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    OH Great !! We are allowed sports threads in the general forum now...I recall getting a "WARNING FOR THAT" , How times have changed!!!
    If it makes you happy, I alerted another thread about the Olympic Games (Thread 98623) the other day, and it has been moved to the Sports forum; and I alerted this one just a short time ago, so it'll probably be moved soon as well.
  9. Joined
    21 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:11
    vh
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:171 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    If it makes you happy, I alerted another thread about the Olympic Games (Thread 98623) the other day, and it has been moved to the Sports forum; and I alerted this one just a short time ago, so it'll probably be moved soon as well.
    It was started in Aug 7, 2008, and had mod participation. It is not like no one knew it was here!

You know the point I was making!

Mine moved within the hour if memory serves me correctly!
  11. The sky
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:241 edit
    It was started in Aug 7, 2008, and had mod participation. It is not like no one knew it was here!

You know the point I was making!

Mine moved within the hour if memory serves me correctly!
    The mods have said many times that they usually don't delete or move threads if they aren't alerted. Your thread and the thread I alerted two days ago were moved because I sent an alert. This thread probably didn't get any alerts until today. Also, it's a bit unclear in this case where the thread belongs, as it very quickly turned into a discussion about China and human rights, which would fit better into Debates.

(And I alerted this thread less than an hour ago. So be patient! 😛)
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:302 edits
    The mods have said many times that they usually don't delete or move threads if they aren't alerted. Your thread and the thread I alerted two days ago were moved because I sent an alert. This thread probably didn't get any alerts until today. Also, it's a bit unclear in this case where the thread belongs, as it very quickly turned into a discussion about Chi ...[text shortened]... better into Debates.

(And I alerted this thread less than an hour ago. So be patient! 😛)
    They certainly do move and delete posts and threads not alerted. What they say and what they do are not always the same things. I know you speak on their behalf, so I will take all that with a grain of salt, and where it comes from.

I see not a whole lot has changed here in the general forum, except things have gotten a little quiet, but it is summer in a lot of areas of the word I suppose.

It is very clear where the thread belongs, and was very clear from the start, if it had a Very Rusty at the head of it, it wouldn't have lasted 9 days, I bet we can agree on that point. 😛

Very nice chatting with you again. Always a pleasure !
  13. The sky
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:36

It is very clear where the thread belongs, and was very clear from the start, if it had a Very Rusty at the head of it, it wouldn't have lasted 9 days, I bet we can agree on that point. 😛
    So if it's all about you and mod bias, how comes that Nietzsche's other thread was moved very shortly after I had alerted it, just like yours was?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:422 edits
    So if it's all about you and mod bias, how comes that Nietzsche's other thread was moved very shortly after I had alerted it, just like yours was?
    Like I told you before, you should put in for mod, you pull as much weight as they do! I am surprised this one is still sitting here. 😉

You are charming as usual. 🙂
  15. The sky
    Moves
    16 Aug '08 16:45
    Like I told you before, you should put it for mod, you pull as much weight as they do! I am surprised this one is still sitting here. 😉

You are charming as usual. 🙂
    So which one is it - "if it had a Very Rusty at the head of it, it wouldn't have lasted 9 days", or "if Nordlys had alerted it earlier (anyone else alerting it earlier wouldn't have had any effect), it wouldn't have lasted 9 days"? And what's your problem with moving threads where they belong anyway?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree