2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 07:31
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    excuses
    Facts, actually.

But I can see how your bias would cloud your judgement...
  3. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 09:33
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Facts, actually.........
    Yea right ( sorry Tui's )
  4. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 11:07
    lol Pass a can this way Skeets.. never hear a decent word about anyone when SA loses.
    I've been slating Henry's development of NZ... but the team is coming together and credit is due No bias at all just watch the rugby and comment on who looks the better team. I'll sit back and let others decide
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 17:14
    never hear a decent word about anyone when SA loses.
    Untrue.

But again, you just can't see my point of view because I've hit nerves too many times.

It's too bad.
  6. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    30 Jul '10 23:01
    you are resolute that's for sure
    but you really haven't hit a nerve
    I agree with a lot you say
    I'm sure more would post if you eased up a bit
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 12:32
    AB's 49, Wannabies 20 something but all under control of a SA ref, assisted by a SA touchie. We can't be doing too much wrong for that......

Oh. Hang on, it was running footie both teams were playing. Just how did I miss that difference? ...probably asleep like the SA pack.

Sorry Crowley but the 'bok are last month in that regard.

skeets
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    31 Jul '10 21:24
    The SA refs do have totally different approach.. it ruined the spectacle of two teams trying to play a fast game of rugby to have it blown up every five seconds. Still the difference is that both teams adjusted and kept trying to play at pace. unlike England and SA who usually do everything they can to slow the game down and make it a slug fest up front. Ritchie McCaw was special and Mils Mulialina again fantastic but Thorn and Woodcock were superb in the melee. SMith had a poor game by normal standards but he'll know it and rise. 8 in a row NZ.. keep it up
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 07:22
    Craig Joubert blew the near perfect game.
    The IRB wants a fair, iron fist at the breakdown, which is exactly what the ref delivered. He made no big blunders like we saw in the abhorrent displays of bias and incompetence the first 3 games delivered.

Great performance by the All Blacks. Power, pace and the usual composure is back. Wonderful rugby display.
    You guys are tops again in world rugby.

If only we could clone Joubert and have him officiate all international games from now on, we might be able to see how good the boks actually are.
  10. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 07:38
    Originally posted by skeeter
    AB's 49, Wannabies 20 something but all under control of a SA ref, assisted by a SA touchie. We can't be doing too much wrong for that......

Oh. Hang on, it was running footie both teams were playing. Just how did I miss that difference? ...probably asleep like the SA pack.

Sorry Crowley but the 'bok are last month in that regard.

skeets
    Stick to posting about chess, sweetie, you seem to know something about it.
  11. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Aug '10 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Stick to posting about chess, sweetie, you seem to know something about it.
    Only if you stick to posting about Marmite sweetie, because that's all you seem to know anything about.

skeeter
  12. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 06:44
    Look forward to Deans return to Christchurch.. he'll get a roasting.
    I expect a close tight game with NZ coming out out top 3 tries to 1
  13. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 08:211 edit
    Look forward to Deans return to Christchurch.. he'll get a roasting....
    Not necessarily TD. After all, he was Canterburys' favourite son whilst coaching our beloved Crusaders. Most of us still consider it a national disgrace that he was not given the top job with the AB's after Henrys' failure to secure the '07 Rugby World Cup.

Truth be known, I'm not at all confident we'll even make the final in 2011 despite 'home ground' advantage. It'll need some of that quintessential SA refereeing I'm afraid to effect this. Time will tell....

skeeter

PS ...don't tell Crowley I said that - he wont know otherwise because I'm sure he's blind
  14. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 19:47
    I would have said that about the abs until they suddenly stopped dropping the ball.
    They are also starting to ease up on the silly penalties by adjusting to the different refs.. aus and nz let the game go, Northern refs these days are more pedantic and some just are not up to grade. SA refs have their own approach which generally we can adapt to but need a decent cushion to allow for the odd interpretation. Of all the teams the ABs have adapted best with Ritchie McCaw Captaincy.
  15. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 20:07
    ps I wonder if the Aussies will replace Deans before the cup? Though I believe he's heading in the right direction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree