2010 Tri Nations

2010 Tri Nations

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
07 Aug 10

Originally posted by nook7
aah gotcha, he would be about 32-33 so an outside chance but unlikely.
Aye. He'll be milking the European leagues then...

n

Moves
07 Aug 10

Originally posted by Crowley
Aye. He'll be milking the European leagues then...
lol - like all good pros do!

See the aussies git another woopin!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
08 Aug 10

much tighter but ABs seemed in control. Aus showed a huge improvement.

n

Moves
08 Aug 10

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
much tighter but ABs seemed in control. Aus showed a huge improvement.
Playing indoors in melbourne (ground conditions aside) allowed them to showcase the skill gap. Having a game outdoors (and even more so if its wet) brings them back to the pack a little.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
12 Aug 10

Thoughts of the Jo'berg test?
Tighter harder closer game?

SA 16v NZ 26

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
15 Aug 10

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/4026667/South-Africa-looks-into-splitting-up-Sanzar

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
16 Aug 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/4026667/South-Africa-looks-into-splitting-up-Sanzar
That heading is a little facetious. SARU doesn't WANT to split, but SANZAR (well, the NZAR side of it) are digging their own grave regarding relations between SA and the partners down under...

The hearing of the coach a shining example. What the hell were they hoping to achieve, except straining relations? It's not like they could've banned or fined him.

This all is probably for the best, especially if SANZAR won't allow us to clone Craig Joubert to properly officiate games and continue to allow mostly, but not limited to, Northern Hemisphere refs to apply their double standards and bias to the boks.
Plus the SA teams have historically much tougher travelling schedules, especially in the Super competitions, although that has been ALMOST fixed these last 2 seasons or so.
Add to all this the heavy handed approach to bok disciplinaries and leniency shown when dealing with AUS or NZ players, this has been a long time coming.

Hell, SARU probably has probable cause to call for a breach of contract the way we've been treated by SANZAR when you take all of this into account.

I hope the NZRU and ARU will be able to properly survive, as A LOT of money will be lost to those unions, while the SA rugby scene is pretty healthy financially. Rugby union here generates more money than both Australia and New Zealand combined.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
16 Aug 10

So be it rugby fans here and in Australia are sick of SA and favour throwing you out. The radio talk back shows hope Argentina will come in and we'll be rid of you. Guess what... They won't have you up top because for all that money you wave you also want to run things your own way with your own rules, conditions and refs.

However your own boss is backing down saying the relationship will stay and you have to get over yourselves. http://www.allblacks.com/news/13960/Hoskins-All-good-with-Sanzar

Personally the best we can hope for is SA turn up to play rugby on Saturday. though NZ3am so you can get the tv rights from the north is another bugbear.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
17 Aug 10

LOL, you're a funny guy Dan! Don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
17 Aug 10

we'll laugh on sunday eh

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
19 Aug 10

http://www.allblacks.com/news/13998/Lifelong-dream-achieved-by-lock
I admire the changes made.. I think SA had to do it.. I must say that having a change infront of 90k staunch is daunting. I'm still in for a tight close fought victory for the ABs.
Good luck to Flip.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
22 Aug 10
1 edit

Bledisloe, and now the Tri-nations Cups' in the AB's 2010 Trophy cabinet already and your precious Springbok defeated before 90,000 of their beloved fans.

Who you gonna call now Crowley, despite best efforts to take out the Welsh referee, who had a good game.

Yep. We're all having a few cold Steinies and a big laugh down here in Gods' own. See you and your pussie rugby team in 12 months time. But, they'll need a coaching and culture transplant by then just to survive pool play.
Being fit enough to play the 80 mins seems pretty important also, given the 'Bok lost it in the last four minutes. I'll send you that case of Tuis' now Crowley.

"Yea Right"

skeeter

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
22 Aug 10

I loved it.. felt bad for Smit for admired the fighting spirit of the boks who looked a lot more focussed and played a strong game. I hate to see good sides beaten at the death but always felt confident the ABs were going to make it in the end.. they learnt how by losing scores of games at the death but now are getting the to the whistle fighting spirit that wins the tight ones.

The moment of the match for me... after endless juggling of the replay of Ritchies foot... the moment of silence was broken as a South African Upstairs muttered the words "The ball was down before his foot.. the ref asked him to repeat it and you could almost hear him choke as he pronounced it a fair try. Not a call for me but if in doubt I believe the doubt is supposed to go with the try scorer.

McCaw now under the knife for a knee injury and out for eight weeks at least.

Boks take heart from this one beaten but never defeated.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Aug 10

Much improved overall display by the boks. It's showing up the selectors and coach. The new additions to the side lifted the pace and showed that bad selections had cost us a fighting chance earlier in the competition, notwithstanding the sub-par refereeing.

Richie McCaw is still the golden boy of rugby though.
He is still allowed to do whatever he pleases at the breakdown, gets away with murder by being constantly offside, falling over and sticking his hands into rucks illegally... He is even awarded a try off a movement that included a 2 foot forward pass.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Aug 10

Originally posted by skeeter
Bledisloe, and now the Tri-nations Cups' in the AB's 2010 Trophy cabinet already and your precious Springbok defeated before 90,000 of their beloved fans.

Who you gonna call now Crowley, despite best efforts to take out the Welsh referee, who had a good game.

Yep. We're all having a few cold Steinies and a big laugh down here in Gods' own. See you a ...[text shortened]... ur minutes. I'll send you that case of Tuis' now Crowley.

"Yea Right"

skeeter
LOL.

As a fan I appreciate the passion, but you really need to get that silver fern out your ass - it's starting to seriously affect your posts...