1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 17:38
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I also said that the USA would win a world cup before England won another. That statement will prove true.
    Unfortunately we'll all be dead by then
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 May '07 18:12
    [b]I said competetive matches. I played four seasons in high school and four more in college. How many teams did you play for? Not sunday afternoon pick up, although I have played in those as well.
    well lets see, playing with my sons when they were 5 & 7 would equate to the standard of your US high school.

I played for my school as well, but my club & university matches were far more competitive. I have played for around 12 different clubs over the years. But even a kickaround for me is a competitive occasion.
  3. swivel seat
    Moves
    16 May '07 18:29
    Shame Lootown are not as competitive as you are πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰.

Its only a game man 😏
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 May '07 19:41
    4 pages later I'm getting slightly suspicious that this thread has diverted from the original 'snooker' theme.
  5. swivel seat
    Moves
    16 May '07 21:45
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    4 pages later I'm getting slightly suspicious that this thread has diverted from the original 'snooker' theme.
    sorry elle πŸ™‚
  6. LA
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:23
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Never trust a Liverpool 'supporter'.

The thread was created on the night Manchester United were knocked out of the Champions League, I think there was a hidden wind up intended by posting this thread.
  7. LA
    Moves
    17 May '07 04:431 edit
    Argentina, Croatia, Spain, USA, Germany, Greece, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Lithania, Slovenia, Yugoslavia, Italy, France, China, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Nigeria..just to name a few.

nash, miller, and rodman???? (which miller are your talking about, Reggie?) Listing those three names just shows your ignorance.

When you talk about the world's most ...[text shortened]... sports figures of all time, three names come to mind: Pele, Michael Jordan, and Arnold Palmer.
    You continually make a fool of yourself with innacurate, ill thought out posts.

Taking the countries you listed, everyone else in the world thinks of these sports as their national sport:-
    Argentina - Football
    Croatia - pass
    Spain - Football and Tennis
    USA - Franchise TV PPV events with American Football as the most followed.
    Germany - Football
    Greece - Football
    Brazil - Football and F1 Motor Racing
    Australia - Cricket, Rugby
    Russia - Football and maybe chess lol
    Lithania - Who cares
    Yugoslavia - Pass
    Italy - Football
    China - Whatever the state tells you to suport
    New Zealand - Rugby
    Puerto Rico - Fishing?
    Nigeria - Football.

Don't see Basketball anywhere.....
    Its because nobody cares about basketball outside of America.
    Its a minor sport to the outside world compared to Rugby, Tennis, Golf, Boxing, Cricket.
    Nobody watches or plays basketball compared to these sports.

If you need me to tell you which Milller its you that shows your ignorance.
    There is only one Miller that enters the mind of someone who knows anything about basketball and it isn't Cheryl his basketball playing sister.

You list the three most famous sports figures and forget to mention Ali.
    You even have to correct yourself in a later post.

Additionally anyone could name 20 sportsmen more famous than Palmer in one minute, posting those names just about sums level of sporting knowledge.
  8. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 08:08
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

Taking the countries you listed, everyone else in the world thinks of these sports as their national sport:-
    Argentina - Football
    Croatia - pass
    Germany - Foo ...[text shortened]... us than Palmer in one minute, posting those names just about sums level of sporting knowledge.
    You forgot to mention his posting of figures that made Dragon boat racing almost as popular as football and volleyball as the true world sport.

Add to that a man who thinks that Guam playing baseball is more significant than the "backwater" India playing cricket.
  9. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 11:03
    I said competetive matches. I played four seasons in high school and four more in college. How many teams did you play for? Not sunday afternoon pick up, although I have played in those as well.

I never said that basketball was as big as football. I said that Basketball was the only other team sport played on a professional level worldwide. It is c ...[text shortened]... that the USA would win a world cup before England won another. That statement will prove true.
    Well surprise surprise, Red Night in a thread squabbling about football….. still. I had this argument with him weeks ago on various other threads and viewing this thread now, here he is once AGAIN trying to prove he has some knowledge about football when blatantly he hasn’t, yawn. Also being as contradictory as ever in trying to argue that football is not a great sport and is not as well followed as some American sports, yawn, yet pronouncing he has a great, yawn, love and affection for the sport and how amazing he is at it and how great his knowledge is….blah blah, yawn yawn……

Red Night, when you told that joke about the USA wining the World Cup before England next 2 weeks ago it was funny, have to admit it is still as funny second time round……good gag mate!
  10. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    17 May '07 11:25

Argentina - Football
    Croatia - pass
    Germany - Foo ...[text shortened]... us than Palmer in one minute, posting those names just about sums level of sporting knowledge.
    Football is by far the world's most popular sport, but Basket is easily either 2nd or 3rd.

It's no way near as publicized as football, but it's still played and watched in most American and European countries, plus the Far East. In fact most of the countries you've listed have basketball as one of the top 3 most popular sports there.
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:27

The thread was created on the night Manchester United were knocked out of the Champions League, I think there was a hidden wind up intended by posting this thread.
    Did you work that out all by yourself or did you get some help?
  12. LA
    Moves
    17 May '07 17:13
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Football is by far the world's most popular sport, but Basket is easily either 2nd or 3rd.

It's no way near as publicized as football, but it's still played and watched in most American and European countries, plus the Far East. In fact most of the countries you've listed have basketball as one of the top 3 most popular sports there.
    I can only really speak for Europe, but it your speaking of all sports then in general in just about every European country the following sports are watched more on TV and have massively more live supporters (obviously not including Football):-

Rugby, boxing, golf, cricket, tennis, F1 Motor Racing.

All 6 of these sports have a much larger following than any kind of basketball in Europe.

Certainly in England you could add Darts, Snooker, horse racing....
    In England basketball would come in at about the 15th most popular sport.
    In the rest of Europe maybe somewhere in the 4 to 8 range.
  13. LA
    Moves
    17 May '07 17:16
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Did you work that out all by yourself or did you get some help?
    I would have posted a similar thread if Liverpool had been knocked out of the CL in a similar fashion.

I'd also start a thread each time Liverpool are too far behind to win the league, but I think people would start getting tired at a thread that continually respawns every November (like it has done for the last 17 years).

So I did work it out my myself.
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 17:49
    I would have posted a similar thread if Liverpool had been knocked out of the CL in a similar fashion.

I'd also start a thread each time Liverpool are too far behind to win the league, but I think people would start getting tired at a thread that continually respawns every November (like it has done for the last 17 years).

So I did work it out my myself.
    Well done you
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 May '07 22:26
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    You forgot to mention his posting of figures that made Dragon boat racing almost as popular as football and volleyball as the true world sport.

Add to that a man who thinks that Guam playing baseball is more significant than the "backwater" India playing cricket.
    50 million chinese participate in dragon boat racing...making it one of the world's most popular sports.

50,000,000 that is roughly equivalent to the population of England

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree