1. New Jersy
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 20:24
    This is the USAs greatest chance to win the cup. Landon Donovan is the key player for the US. Watch out for Landon he's going knock in a few goals.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 22:32
    Originally posted by chadler
    This is the USAs greatest chance to win the cup. Landon Donovan is the key player for the US. Watch out for Landon he's going knock in a few goals.
    My dear friend, you first must overcome the cream of Europe, the cream of South America and the cream of Asia, your chances of lifting the cup are minimal, never the less, i really do wish you well.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 23:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    My dear friend, you first must overcome the cream of Europe, the cream of South America and the cream of Asia, your chances of lifting the cup are minimal, never the less, i really do wish you well.
    last 16 - ghana
    1/4 - uruguay/south korea

looking at that, good chance of a semi final place. if brazil win their group, either against brazil or holland. you never know over 90 mins.

see what enlgand have missed out on? uruguay are pobably the best of the 4 teams and they only manged to finish 5th in the s. american zone.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 23:41
    Originally posted by trev33
    last 16 - ghana
    1/4 - uruguay/south korea

looking at that, good chance of a semi final place. if brazil win their group, either against brazil or holland. you never know over 90 mins.

see what enlgand have missed out on? uruguay are pobably the best of the 4 teams and they only manged to finish 5th in the s. american zone.
    They will probably play uruuay.

But i hope they play south Korea.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jun '10 23:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    They will probably play uruuay.

But i hope they play south Korea.
    ghana beat then 2-1 4 years ago...
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 00:34
    Ghana will win!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 06:27
    You will not win anything until you learn to speak football language:

greatest > best

soccer > football

deeper > further

You also need to be aware (as England painfully are), that beating teams in the last micro-second of the group stage has little correlation to preventing the likes of Brazil or Argentina ripping you to bits.

Please calm down.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 12:17
    Originally posted by divegeester

greatest > best

soccer > football

deeper > further

You also need to be aware (as England painfully are), that beating teams in the last micro-second of the group stage has little correlation to preventing the likes of Brazil or Argentina ripping you to bits.

Please calm down.
    Nah! Perfectly good English. Good ol Yank exuberance! Prhaps that's what England needs. Pent up energy needs releasing. Verbiage of a bombastic nature might do the trick! Go USA!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:26
    People here in the states are just exited to tie certain teams. Meanwhile those who tie the US are drowning their tears in their beer. I find the whole affair rather humerous. The longer it continues the more absurd the whole affair seems to me.

Edit: After all, the only country on earth not to care about soccer, and yes I said soccer because football is only played in the US, is the United States of America!!!
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:34
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    cream of Europe

hahahahahahahahaha
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:36
    The US will win a World Cup before England wins another.

They will win one sooner than most people think.

We have a better chance in 2010 than most would ever imagine, but we are still long shots.

Love Lando, but the key to US advancing is Tim Howard, arguably the greatest "soccer goalie" in the worl today
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 16:37
    Originally posted by divegeester

greatest > best

soccer > football

deeper > further

Please calm down.
    football > futbol
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:16
    Dreamer , nothing but a dreamer..
    can you put your hands on your head ,oh no ....
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:31
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Dreamer , nothing but a dreamer..
    can you put your hands on your head ,oh no ....
    Frankly, I agree with red knight about USA's chances being better than England's. Perhaps neither will advance this weekend, but I bet USA gives a better game than sorry England. Yawn!!! England was supposed to shellack everyone and all they've done is score two goals in three matches. Most undeserved round of 16 team indeed! Portugal is the other sorry advancer. Thus far Europe is doing poorly in the cup whereas South America has not lost a single match!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:32
    Originally posted by Red Night
    cream of Europe

hahahahahahahahaha
    you may laugh my friend, Spain, Portugal, Holland and Germany are not so much footballers as artists. When they shall make a collage with the pretensions of the USA, then you shall realise the import of the words, and hail the Europeans as purveyors of 'the beautiful game'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree