1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 17:37
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Frankly, I agree with red knight about USA's chances being better than England's. Perhaps neither will advance this weekend, but I bet USA gives a better game than sorry England. Yawn!!! England was supposed to shellack everyone and all they've done is score two goals in three matches. Most undeserved round of 16 team indeed! Portugal is the other sorry ...[text shortened]... Thus far Europe is doing poorly in the cup whereas South America has not lost a single match!
    i have to respectively disagree my friend, Spain and Portugal have shown some flashes of true artistry. England and to a lesser extent the USA are proficient if uninspired. Once Germany have swatted the Anglanders like a fly from ones Chardonnay we may rejoice that the wheat has been separated from the chaff!
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by chadler
    This is the USAs greatest chance to win the cup. Landon Donovan is the key player for the US. Watch out for Landon he's going knock in a few goals.
    Ladbrooks have USA at 66/1 at the moment - get your dollars out children. England currently at 5/1...

(edit - Germany at 9/1 sound like a good bet to me)
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 21:12
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Ladbrooks have USA at 66/1 at the moment - get your dollars out children. England currently at 5/1...

Oddsmakers truly counting on the suckers out there. England 5-1? In whose febrile mind? Must be a biased English oddsmaker. Tehy're counting on good ol English silliness and like fattening their wallets. But then again ya'll are a silly lot indeed. Mark my words. England and Capello have seen their last of the world cup come Sunday!
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '10 22:22
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat

Here's more realistic odds. If I were you I would not trust that silly oddsmaker you quote, unless you misquoted, as I feel you're apt to do.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/brazil-favored-to-win-world-cup--fbintl_ap-wcup-notebook.html
  5. Auckland
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 07:33
    Go USA. They might be an underdog from statistical point of view, and like their friends down under in New Zealand, we would like them to kick some ass as well.

Go USA.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 07:53
    I dread the day the USA wins the World Cup. You have no real love of the game, just some warped self-centered ego trip to dominate and own something because it's there. You are a population of locusts descending on that ancient field and devouring everything down to the root.
  7. Auckland
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 08:51
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I dread the day the USA wins the World Cup. You have no real love of the game, just some warped self-centered ego trip to dominate and own something because it's there. You are a population of locusts descending on that ancient field and devouring everything down to the root.
    I don't know about that DV, Soccer as the call it in USA is a very popular game and it is at least a proper game of football, not like that other game they play with crash helmets, salamis, padding etc.

They have beaten England before and their fans do not carry on the game after the game has finished in all the pubs causing massive damage.

Still England once again has to beat the Germans to survive.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 09:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 10:561 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Apart from the last 2 posts, I am glad I don't frequent this forum often.

Either you are all pissed as farts, or your literacy and writing skills are as qualified as your desire to hold my cock when it's the last thing sticking out of quicksand!

Edit: and Smug - it's 'equivalent'!
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:063 edits

11. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:14
    Thanks for reading them! I hope you learned something to improve your intellect! πŸ˜‰
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:171 edit

13. Wat?
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 11:26
    Americas have a cat in hell's chance of winning!

So do Brazil, Korea and (Italy πŸ˜€πŸ˜€)

If Germany lose, then the English will be favourites!

Portugal can't win on merit alone, as they have to dive frugally to win every game, as they had to 4 years ago when Ronaldo was nearly crucified upon his return to England!

I iterate, if Germany lose then watch out for England!
  14. Auckland
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 12:26
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Americas have a cat in hell's chance of winning!

So do Brazil, Korea and (Italy πŸ˜€πŸ˜€)

If Germany lose, then the English will be favourites!

Portugal can't win on merit alone, as they have to dive frugally to win every game, as they had to 4 years ago when Ronaldo was nearly crucified upon his return to England!

I iterate, if Germany lose then watch out for England!
    Big question is the IF in if England wins against German, miracles have been known to happen.

Who plays the winner of the England/ German game?
  15. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    26 Jun '10 12:33
    Originally posted by zm775
    Who plays the winner of the England/ German game?
    Argentina or Mexico

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree