1. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:08
    Originally posted by dicky
    none of which would get into the Arsenal side, First team or our Carling Cup side. We have a squad of very good players with the fringe getting there chance in minor competition.. We wont see too many changes in the Spurs side that were held by mighty Reading at the weekend..... How many changes will Wenger make????? Could be as many as half a dozen.... perhap ...[text shortened]... ld be good for you to do likewise...
    When was the last time Spurs beat Arsenal anyway????????
    hehehehehe.. yeah been a long time since we beat you gooners.. cant even remember!!!

ok.. it all depands on who Wagner picks on wednesday... i think spurs will pick their 'best' 11

so i will say (bit like the Pats/ Jags game!๐Ÿ˜‰) ARSENAL 1 SPURS 2
    and then a week later.... SPURS 3 Arseanl 2. (so a 5-3 agg win for us๐Ÿ˜€)
  2. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 11:44
    Originally posted by invigorate
    All prem teams are forgien now, but this reflects the country as a whole. The fans pay for talent, they demand the best. I used to run a restaurant and found that forgieners were better value for money, it is the same in football.

It would be good to make a new rule for the league cup that each team must play entirely English players, but doubtless th ...[text shortened]... and the most entertaining team in the country it is no coincidence they have no English players.
    Its all down to European employment laws. The FA cannot stop EU qualified players from playing in the English leagues.

Another major problem is how over priced our players are. I think Spurs have just paid £4 million for a welsh lad playing in the championship. Aston Villa are going to by Scott Carson for £10 million and i think they paid £9milliion for Young. All good players but a little overpriced me thinks.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 12:30
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Another major problem is how over priced our players are. I think Spurs have just paid £4 million for a welsh lad playing in the championship. Aston Villa are going to by Scott Carson for £10 million and i think they paid £9milliion for Young. All good players but a little overpriced me thinks.
    English players have always been overpriced. Look at the sums of money Ferguson has paid for the likes of Carrick and the ever underrated Ferdinand.

D
  4. 6yd box
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 17:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    English players have always been overpriced. Look at the sums of money Ferguson has paid for the likes of Carrick and the ever underrated Ferdinand.

D
    dont you mean 'over-rated' Ferdinand.

ps.. thanks for that Carrick deal๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 18:19
    Originally posted by spurs73
    dont you mean 'over-rated' Ferdinand.

ps.. thanks for that Carrick deal๐Ÿ˜‰
    No worries. At least ye spent the money wisely.

D
  6. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 15:06
    Originally posted by spurs73
    hehehehehe.. yeah been a long time since we beat you gooners.. cant even remember!!!

ok.. it all depands on who Wagner picks on wednesday... i think spurs will pick their 'best' 11

so i will say (bit like the Pats/ Jags game!๐Ÿ˜‰) ARSENAL 1 SPURS 2
    and then a week later.... SPURS 3 Arseanl 2. (so a 5-3 agg win for us๐Ÿ˜€)
    Only a few hours and counting now. Arsenal have named their squad for this evening game and I'm predicting the side to look something like this....
    Fabianski 22, Traore 18, Senderos 22, Djourou 20, Hoyte 23, Walcott 18, Denilson 19, Diaby 23, Randall 18, Bendtner 19, Eduardo 24.
    Average age 20.54!!!!! and 3 englishmen just for the hell of it!!!!!!!!

Good luck Yid's cause your going to need it!!!!!!!!
  7. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 12:43
    Well Spurs were better than Arsenal last night, but that only means they should have wrapped it up on the night.

I reckon it will be Chelsea Arsenal final - like last year - with the same result.
  8. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 12:57
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Well Spurs were better than Arsenal last night, but that only means they should have wrapped it up on the night.

I reckon it will be Chelsea Arsenal final - like last year - with the same result.
    I agree with you.... Spurs were the better side on the night cause the kids didn't turn up... They should of burried us but were never good enough to do so.. The return will be so different, the kids can't play that poorly again..
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 13:36
    the kids can't play that poorly again..
    Why not?

They're kids. They've played a few good games in the first half of the season, but they have proven nothing. No doubt they are mostly exceptionally talented with huge potential, but in the second half of the season, their lack of big game experience will destroy Arsenal, meaning they end the season trophyless. Only Chelsea's own problems and apparent inability to play without a couple of key players and Liverpools continuing mediocrity means that Arsenal may still clinch 2nd spot.

Ledley King was immense last night. Will ye have Zakora back? He's a class player. Berbatov might turn up for the return leg as well. If Wenger plays the same team at the Lane, then I'd expect Spurs to win comfortably enough.

D
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 13:461 edit
    If Wenger plays the same team at the Lane, then I'd expect Spurs to win comfortably enough.

D
    It's still pretty much open. Spurs are as unpredictable as Arsenal's youngsters.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 13:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's still pretty much open. Spurs are as unpredictable as Arsenal's youngster.
    True, but if I was a gambling man, I'd go with Spurs.

D
  12. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 14:17
    True, but if I was a gambling man, I'd go with Spurs.

D
    Resilient, that's how I'd describe these Arsenal kids.... Spurs have had there chance to kill this tie off and have blown it... Arsenal went to Anfield in last years comp and knocked 5 past a very strong Liverpool side.... I'm making Arsenal favourites to go through now....
    Did you watch the game by any chance, I thought Berbatov was outstanding, head and shoulders the best player on the park... Let's hope he DOESN'T turn up for the return...
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 14:30
    Resilient, that's how I'd describe these Arsenal kids.... Spurs have had there chance to kill this tie off and have blown it... Arsenal went to Anfield in last years comp and knocked 5 past a very strong Liverpool side.... I'm making Arsenal favourites to go through now....
    Did you watch the game by any chance, I thought Berbatov was outstanding, head and shoulders the best player on the park... Let's hope he DOESN'T turn up for the return...
    How can you say they're resilient. What's the proof of that?

I missed the first half, and in the second half, all I saw Berbatov do was miscontrol on about 6 occasions. NOTHING else.

D
  14. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 18:01
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's still pretty much open. Spurs are as unpredictable as Arsenal's youngsters.
    have to agree with youguys... we should be 3-1 up but at 1-1 anything can happen ..what with our defensive record.

I have a feeling wegner will play a few more of his 'prem league' players. expect to see helb and a few others as their mid-field last night had no idea what to do after the 1st 15 minutes.
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 18:071 edit
    How can you say they're resilient. What's the proof of that?

I missed the first half, and in the second half, all I saw Berbatov do was miscontrol on about 6 occasions. NOTHING else.

D
    although the arsenal 'reserve' side is very good, i agee with you Rag, they have not proved anything.

They are a good bunch of 'youngstars', but they need more exprienced players around them.

In last years finals, they blew it after taking the lead, and thats with 5 of the 'first team' also playing with them!.

But we live in a world full of media hype..what can you do๐Ÿ˜›

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree