1. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 18:32
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    How can you say they're resilient. What's the proof of that?

I missed the first half, and in the second half, all I saw Berbatov do was miscontrol on about 6 occasions. NOTHING else.

D
    Bertbatov has got amazing control. He has magnets in his feet. If Man U sign him you will be singing his praises. I've got a soft spot for the gooners but even I think the guy is a bit special.
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Jan '08 19:33
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Bertbatov has got amazing control. He has magnets in his feet. If Man U sign him you will be singing his praises. I've got a soft spot for the gooners but even I think the guy is a bit special.
    Like all Man U fans.....they love 'em when they got the red of united on, but as soon as they leave then they are 'rubbish'

or they are rubbish, until they get the red of united on them๐Ÿ˜‰
  3. LA
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 12:06
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Like all Man U fans.....they love 'em when they got the red of united on, but as soon as they leave then they are 'rubbish'

or they are rubbish, until they get the red of united on them๐Ÿ˜‰
    I'm sorry Spurs73, I usually agree with most of your posts, but Manchester United Fans are actually very loyal to past players:-

Sheringham - Always a United legend, oh Teddy Teddy, he signed for United and he won the lot.
    Phil Neville - Will always get a hero's welcome
    Steve Bruce - We love him
    Mark Hughes - We love him
    Nicky Butt -He will get a good reception
    Roy Keane - A god
    Peter Schmichel - A god, even though he signed for City
    Andy Cole - Will get a great reception
    Dwight Yorke - Again a great reception
    Japp Stam - A United hero, will get a great reception

David Beckham - Some will welcome him back whoever he plays for, personally I think he's a traitor and he betraid the number 7 shirt
    Heinz - Scum, especially after we paid his wages for a year when he was injured
    Van Nistelrooy - A great player, but his ego became too big so he had to go

I love Tottenham and would love it if Spurs managed to get into the top 4 or 5 teams in he Premier League.
    Spurs play football the way it should be played, Berbatov is superb and I would love it if we signed him,you can have Carrick back in half exchange ๐Ÿ™‚

Also Spurs had players like Gascionge, Waddle and Hoddle.
    3 players that all English football supporters should be thankfull for.

I ask you though, how was Hoddle treated by Tottenham supporters when he returned as manager?
  4. Joined
    13 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 12:29
    gunners will crush them
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 13:20
    You talk an unreal about of rubbish!

As ROAB points out above, United are fiercely appreciative of past players. I went to Keane's testimonial a few months AFTER he had left, and the stadium was absolutely jammers. I've been to Champions League finals and tens of premiership games and NOTHING had an atmosphere to compare with Keano's testimonial.

When he returned with Sunderland this season, he got a royal reception, with more songs about Keano than present United players. Even Alan Smith got a standing ovation last Saturday after getting sent off.

Of all the players who have left, I still appreciate their contributions. There are 2 exceptions: Heinze and Ruud. Heinze because of his decision not to compete for his place in the team all the while trying to engineer moves away and threatening to go on strike. Ruud because of the fact he didn't turn out to be a team player. As soon as he was dropped for 1 game, he started getting all mouthy "I expect to start the next game", etc, etc. He never again tried after that, which isn't good enough, IMHO. Great goalscorer, terrible team member.

D
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jan '08 13:26
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I don't think he's a United type player. He has undoutbed ability, but I think he has head problems. United need players with a never say die attitude. Watching the '99 treble DVD shows that, considering the number of games we had to come from behind in. Keano's display against Juve, and Giggsy's FA Cup Semi Final goal are the epitome of this never say die attitude.

I don't think Berbatov has it.

Also, he does nothing defensively. United, at the moment, allow Ronaldo to neglect a lot of his defensive duties due to his ability to beat 3 or 4 players and score. The opposition push forward, the other 10 United players win the ball back and feed it to the advanced Ronaldo, who will try to make things happen against a stretched defense.

This only works when the other 9 outfield players work their asses off. Last season, we were found out a bit, when other offensive players followed Ronaldo's lead of shirking defensive responsibilities. It doesn't work with 2+ players doing it, which is why I think Berbatov doesn't fit.

Don't worry, I wouldn't be upset if United signed him, but I really think that money could be spent better elsewhere. Benzema is THE only man for me, atm. Saha has to go in the summer, and Benzema is a ready made (and better) replacement.

D
  7. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 03:19
    I'm tipping Spurs for the win in the second leg. They completely outclassed Arsenal in the first leg, and will beat them (Though narrowly) in the second.
    As for Berbatov, I've never seen a player with a first touch like him, he's pure class, but I don't know how he'd fit into any other team. He might be a success, he might fail dismally. Look at Shevchenko at Chelsea, the guy was a class act in Italy, in the Premiership he's nothing.
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    19 Jan '08 12:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You talk an unreal about of rubbish!

As ROAB points out above, United are fiercely appreciative of past players. I went to Keane's testimonial a few months AFTER he had left, and the stadium was absolutely jammers. I've been to Champions League finals and tens of premiership games and NOTHING had an atmosphere to compare with Keano's testimonial.

Wh ...[text shortened]... after that, which isn't good enough, IMHO. Great goalscorer, terrible team member.

D
    with all due respect.... Keane's testimonial..... please... United regard the guy as a Legend... ofcourse they are going to turn out in their 1000s and give him the ovation they feel he deserves.

Thats is not the same as other players...

SEcondly i was not talking about ex-united players being booed or anything like that, i was refering to how United fans 'big up' players when they have the red shirt on and then go all quite when the player goes to another team... thats all.

I think you mis-understood my point, or perhaps i did not make my point in a proper way.
  9. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:02
    with all due respect.... Keane's testimonial..... please... United regard the guy as a Legend... ofcourse they are going to turn out in their 1000s and give him the ovation they feel he deserves.

Thats is not the same as other players...

SEcondly i was not talking about ex-united players being booed or anything like that, i was refering to how United f ...[text shortened]... .

I think you mis-understood my point, or perhaps i did not make my point in a proper way.
    Why is it that all threads turn into a spat about Man Utd....
    Was at Reading on saturday and they were lucky, Reading at times were all over them like a rash.... Utd wasn't the only lucky one though, Ferguson should have had his head taken off by Wally Downes, disgusting behaviour....
    Anyway, tomorrows semi...... Kids turn up and Arsenal win 3-1.....
    Gooners, gooners....
  10. 6yd box
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:12
    Originally posted by dicky
    Why is it that all threads turn into a spat about Man Utd....
    Was at Reading on saturday and they were lucky, Reading at times were all over them like a rash.... Utd wasn't the only lucky one though, Ferguson should have had his head taken off by Wally Downes, disgusting behaviour....
    Anyway, tomorrows semi...... Kids turn up and Arsenal win 3-1.....
    Gooners, gooners....
    Dicky.. i only saw the incident with furguson on tv... were you in a better place to see the whole incident?

I was disgusted at what Furguson did... goodness sake man.. the guy is 65 years old, why did he do that to the Reading fans, were they wonding him up all game?
  11. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:22
    Dicky.. i only saw the incident with furguson on tv... were you in a better place to see the whole incident?

I was disgusted at what Furguson did... goodness sake man.. the guy is 65 years old, why did he do that to the Reading fans, were they wonding him up all game?
    I was in the North Stand behind the goal to the left of the bench...
    Yeah no doubt he was getting a tad of stick but believe the abuse was
    directed at the Reading No2 Wally Downes... Moments before the Ronaldo goal they'd had a spat about the length of injury time (4 mins)... Whats new!!!
    But agreed (for only the 2nd time) he is 65 and should know better, no way to behave..... bet his grandchildren were impressed!!!!
    Anyway, how confident are you for tomorrow, should be a cracker???
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    21 Jan '08 17:39
    Originally posted by dicky
    I was in the North Stand behind the goal to the left of the bench...
    Yeah no doubt he was getting a tad of stick but believe the abuse was
    directed at the Reading No2 Wally Downes... Moments before the Ronaldo goal they'd had a spat about the length of injury time (4 mins)... Whats new!!!
    But agreed (for only the 2nd time) he is 65 and should know better, n ...[text shortened]... children were impressed!!!!
    Anyway, how confident are you for tomorrow, should be a cracker???
    YES... tuesday.. well if we dont beat you guys this time we never bl**dy will!!!:'(

Its becoming a joke, how bad our record is against the 'top 4'

Anyway i have a feeling a few more of your 'starting 11' will be on the bench or in the team then ppl think. I think Ces will play and possible Gallas as well, as Babs is just to good for your centre halfs.

Anyway i think it will be a classic...end to end action.
  13. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 12:31
    YES... tuesday.. well if we dont beat you guys this time we never bl**dy will!!!:'(

Its becoming a joke, how bad our record is against the 'top 4'

Anyway i have a feeling a few more of your 'starting 11' will be on the bench or in the team then ppl think. I think Ces will play and possible Gallas as well, as Babs is just to good for your centre halfs.

Anyway i think it will be a classic...end to end action.
    Your prediction I believe has come true Wenger must now be taking this Comp seriously.
    I understand, and it's only a rumour, that a number of 1st team players will be in the squad,,,,,, be afraid, be very afraid!!!!!!
    Spurs 2 Arsenal 2 (Arsenal win on away goals)....
  14. Joined
    11 May '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:32
    At the end of the day whether arsenal or spurs go through neither will beat the mighty Chelsea
  15. Joined
    11 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '08 17:53
    Originally posted by ace121
    At the end of the day whether arsenal or spurs go through neither will beat the mighty Chelsea
    I agree. I'm Chelsea through and through, so maybe I'm biased, but I can't see either team beating Chelsea in the final. I know we aren't there yet, and Everton could cause an upset, but I can't see it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree