1. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 04:00
    😉

Not long before tea and SA at 6/187. It will be a minor miracle if they hold out. Despite my best efforts, Kallis' betting slump continues. He made 4 and has averaged 37.4 this tour.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 06:211 edit
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    😉

Not long before tea and SA at 6/187. It will be a minor miracle if they hold out. Despite my best efforts, Kallis' betting slump continues. He made 4 and has averaged 37.4 this tour.
    Kallis was unlucky - it wasn't a catch. A great effort, but not a catch.
  3. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 07:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Kallis was unlucky - it wasn't a catch. A great effort, but not a catch.
    That was as much a catch as Grahame Smith's catch in the previous test was. At least they have a neutral third umpire to adudicate.
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 14:09
    The miracle nearly happened. I got up early and went back to bed at tea to snooze for an hour or so. Got back and the SA tailenders were still batting. Eight and a bit overs to go, the 9th SA wicket goes down and Captain Courageous (Smith) comes out to bat - with broken hand and tennis elbow. He nearly did it too, but it was asking too much. A good ball, fittingly from Mitchell, comes back a lot and low off a crack, bowling Smith. SA lose with ten balls to spare - and this at the end of five days.

Roll on 26 Feb at the Wanderers when Aus play here. Me and Crowley are going to get a thing going - nudge nudge 😉
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 20:05
    Originally posted by buffalobill
    The miracle nearly happened. I got up early and went back to bed at tea to snooze for an hour or so. Got back and the SA tailenders were still batting. Eight and a bit overs to go, the 9th SA wicket goes down and Captain Courageous (Smith) comes out to bat - with broken hand and tennis elbow. He nearly did it too, but it was asking too much. A good ball, ...[text shortened]... the Wanderers when Aus play here. Me and Crowley are going to get a thing going - nudge nudge 😉
    Great quote from SuperSport.co.za

How ironic it should be that Smith was eventually to be last man out -- only ten balls away from the safe haven of an honourable draw -- beaten by a delivery from Australia's star performer throughout the series, Mitchell Johnson, with a delivery that jagged off a crack.

“It probably would have bowled me even if I had had two fit arms to deal with it,” commented Smith afterwards. And even in defeat he was able to maintain the good humour that has been a feature of his campaign throughout the tour. “As the senior batsman Makhaya should have protected me from the strike,” he joked.

Well done Graeme, but really our middle order batsmen should have drawn this test for us.

See ya at the Wanderers. I'll be wearing my red dress and a frangipani flower in my hair... 😳
  6. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 20:36
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Great quote from SuperSport.co.za

How ironic it should be that Smith was eventually to be last man out -- only ten balls away from the safe haven of an honourable draw -- beaten by a delivery from Australia's star performer throughout the series, Mitchell Johnson, with a delivery that jagged off a crack.

“It probably would have bowled me even if I had ...[text shortened]... See ya at the Wanderers. I'll be wearing my red dress and a frangipani flower in my hair... 😳
    And I'll wear mine! Will you ... be shaving?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 07:14
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    That was as much a catch as Grahame Smith's catch in the previous test was. At least they have a neutral third umpire to adudicate.
    Granted. it's just that a 175 ball 40 from Kallis, in the context of the game, would have been interesting. Wasn't being a partisan whinger, honest! I myself channel all my energies into gaining Test status for Indonesia.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 09:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Granted. it's just that a 175 ball 40 from Kallis, in the context of the game, would have been interesting. Wasn't being a partisan whinger, honest! I myself channel all my energies into gaining Test status for Indonesia.
    Hell, 16 runs would have been good enough for me!

😉
  9. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 22:52
    Wow, that Tait is quick and dangerous! Why is this guy not playing more matches?
  10. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 02:33
    Wow, that Tait is quick and dangerous! Why is this guy not playing more matches?
    He might be our quick who had some mental health issues with fame and the press and had a year off to get back to basics. He went and played club cricket and state. On his day, deadly, off his game, very expensive.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Jan '09 06:21
    On his day, deadly, off his game, very expensive.
    All the real quicks almost always leak runs - as long as they balance that with a bunch of wickets, who cares?

Seems he can only bowl about 3 overs at those break-neck speeds, then he tapers off.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    13 Jan '09 12:44
    2-0 win for the Aussies in the T20s.
    The SA boys were totally outplayed in both.

Seems that there is no confidence in the short form, except for Duminy. Man, that guy has been a revelation!
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 08:47
    Good fighting spirit shown by the boys to win the first ODI.

It's weird to see so many fielding blunders by a SA cricket team - also, it was seriously weird seeing an Australia side in a flat panic like they were at the end of the game.
  14. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 08:18
    Good fighting spirit shown by the boys to win the first ODI.

It's weird to see so many fielding blunders by a SA cricket team - also, it was seriously weird seeing an Australia side in a flat panic like they were at the end of the game.
    One all.
    Three games to go! 😉
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 15:20
    One all.
    Three games to go! 😉
    We seriously need some players to take on the bowlers in the middle overs.
    250 was not a par total on that pitch. The Aussies bowled very well to restrict us.

Hell, we can't leave it to Albie every time, lest he go down the Lance Klusener path into obscurity. Lance was the hero a few times, but when he failed to 'win' games for us, people started to get disappointed. Everybody seems to forget that your top order should win games, not number 7 and up...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree