1. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Joined
    28 May '06
    Moves
    94734
    12 Dec '08 02:34
    Cant wait for this much anticipated test series to begin.

    It is promising so much, lets just wait to see if it happens.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    12 Dec '08 07:10
    Absolutely. We had some injury scares in the past week, but all seems OK now.

    You guys don't seem to have a settled side at the moment and the loss of some great cricketers has left some 'gaps'.
    We will still need a full strength side to beat you though... Our bowling attack is a concern to me, with the likes of Hayden, Ponting and Hussey who can get stuck in.
  3. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Joined
    28 May '06
    Moves
    94734
    12 Dec '08 09:16
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Absolutely. We had some injury scares in the past week, but all seems OK now.

    You guys don't seem to have a settled side at the moment and the loss of some great cricketers has left some 'gaps'.
    We will still need a full strength side to beat you though... Our bowling attack is a concern to me, with the likes of Hayden, Ponting and Hussey who can get stuck in.
    Its Michael Clarke that will really shine with the bat, he is as classy as they come.
    Our side is more settled now after the 2 games against the NZers.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    12 Dec '08 10:41
    Originally posted by boarman
    Its Michael Clarke that will really shine with the bat, he is as classy as they come.
    Our side is more settled now after the 2 games against the NZers.
    Weird, I've never rated the bloke as a threat. I see he's almost in the top 10 test batsmen at the moment.
    Maybe the other batsmen always steal the limelight while he's a Mark Boucher who knuckles down and does the job that the team needs him for?

    What I meant was we probably have a slightly more settled team at the moment.
    Is that kook Symonds playing? How about that new spinner Krejza [sic?]?
  5. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Joined
    28 May '06
    Moves
    94734
    12 Dec '08 11:26
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Weird, I've never rated the bloke as a threat. I see he's almost in the top 10 test batsmen at the moment.
    Maybe the other batsmen always steal the limelight while he's a Mark Boucher who knuckles down and does the job that the team needs him for?

    What I meant was we probably have a slightly more settled team at the moment.
    Is that kook Symonds playing? How about that new spinner Krejza [sic?]?
    Yeah Clarke is just starting to fullfill his potential and he will be the next Australian captain.He is by far a much better batsman than Boucher could ever imagine.

    Both Hayden and Ponting have been a bit down in their form so expect them to score heavily also.

    The bowling attack is the worry though , Le and Johnson will trouble the SA batters but we are lacking a front line spinner.

    Im not sure who will get chosen in the 1st test but Symonds and Krejza are both in the squad.

    I really want to see if Steyn can go as good as he has been going against far less talented teams, it will be interesting.Monkel is the dangerman in my eyes.

    The batting of the South Africans is very strong but whether Smith and co can handle the more bouncier pitches is yet too be seen. Prince will be the standout batsmen.

    I also think you guys are missing Pollock like we are missing McGrath, he was an important cog in the SA team.
  6. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    561184
    16 Dec '08 11:20
    One sleep to go 😵
  7. Joined
    24 Nov '02
    Moves
    117192
    16 Dec '08 13:43
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    One sleep to go 😵
    Make the most of it cause your going to get your backside licked next summer........ Roll on July 2009.
  8. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    561184
    16 Dec '08 14:23
    Originally posted by dicky
    Make the most of it cause your going to get your backside licked next summer........ Roll on July 2009.
    Absolutely 😵

    The Aussies will be there, for Christmas in July 2009, mistletoe in their back pockets, so your guys can be kissing their.....😀😀


    😉
  9. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Joined
    24 Apr '06
    Moves
    20456
    17 Dec '08 09:23
    Australia 7 for 298 with 10 minutes of day one left. The new ball is one over old.Worked too with Haddin going off Ntini . Good day for both sides. Australia were 3 for 15 at one stage. Ponting a duck, Hussey a duck. Tight one this.
  10. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    561184
    17 Dec '08 09:45
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Australia 7 for 298 with 10 minutes of day one left. The new ball is one over old.Worked too with Haddin going off Ntini . Good day for both sides. Australia were 3 for 15 at one stage. Ponting a duck, Hussey a duck. Tight one this.
    An appalling start for the Aussies 😳
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Joined
    17 Apr '02
    Moves
    91690
    17 Dec '08 12:151 edit
    Clarke and Katich saved your asses there. If we could have gotten at Symonds with a newer ball you may not have seen 250.
    Good comeback.

    I'm glad Ntini is performing again for a change. He likes the bouncy pitches. How did Morkel look? I haven't seen any footage of this game yet...
  12. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    538
    17 Dec '08 23:40
    Originally posted by Elamef37
    An appalling start for the Aussies 😳
    come on matty hayden.
    i thought he was looking for a big innings he started very well with 3 fours.unfortunately he then got out.even if he is going to retire soon he still needs to find some form.it could be good if he can go out on a good note
  13. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    538
    17 Dec '08 23:41
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Clarke and Katich saved your asses there. If we could have gotten at Symonds with a newer ball you may not have seen 250.
    Good comeback.

    I'm glad Ntini is performing again for a change. He likes the bouncy pitches. How did Morkel look? I haven't seen any footage of this game yet...
    morkel looke d good but harris great
  14. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Joined
    24 Apr '06
    Moves
    20456
    18 Dec '08 03:011 edit
    Aus are 9 for 367. The tail is wagging hard!
    Edit: All out for 375. Ntini as usual the pick of the bowlers with 4 for 72. The man did a lot of good solid bowling. Nothing is for free off him.
  15. Standard memberElamef37
    Queenslander
    Tropical North
    Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    561184
    18 Dec '08 04:47
    Originally posted by lordhighgus
    Aus are 9 for 367. The tail is wagging hard!
    Edit: All out for 375. Ntini as usual the pick of the bowlers with 4 for 72. The man did a lot of good solid bowling. Nothing is for free off him.
    Ntini certainly did have a good day yesterday. 🙂
Back to Top