1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 19:091 edit
    One word: Michigan.

You lose to a non-division I squad AT HOME, then get smashed by Oregon AT HOME and then because you run off a winning streak against Big Ten patsies you rise to #12????? The clowns with the funny helmets have still only played two road games, against pathetic Northwestern (which lost to otherwise winless Duke AT HOME)and overrated Illinois, struggled against Eastern Michigan, etc. etc. etc. I wouldn't put them in the top 25, nevermind knocking on the door of the Top Ten.

USC loses two games, a shocker to Stanford and a close game AT Oregon and drops to 19th??? See above; does anybody believe Michigan is a better team than USC?

And why is Arizona State only 4th and Kansas 8th? Undefeated teams in tough conferences but apparently they don't get on TV enough. If Arizona State wins this week at Oregon, they deserve #1.

Let the howling begin.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 21:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder

You lose to a non-division I squad AT HOME, then get smashed by Oregon AT HOME and then because you run off a winning streak against Big Ten patsies you rise to #12????? The clowns with the funny helmets have still only played two road games, against pathetic Northwestern (which lost to otherwise winless Duke AT HOME)and ...[text shortened]... f Arizona State wins this week at Oregon, they deserve #1.

Let the howling begin.
    Are you referring to the popularity contest some call the BCS? This affinity for certain schools surprises you?

Regarding Arizona State, I really believe that both Ohio State and LSU are better teams that A State. LSU, may be the best in the country. Kansas is very good, but they won't hang with the big boys. They have the benefit of a soft schedule.

USC has been overrated all season and they appear to be about where they should be. Michigan has a good team, but they are overrated right now. If they win out, they can be a top 5 team, but that is a big if.

BC is the real wild card here. Not sure I believe they are as good as their record. I don't believe they are a top 5 team. They are in the same mold as Kansas.

The SEC is the best conference top to bottom this year. They are steadily knocking each other out of the top echelon. However, LSU should emerge victorious from the SEC and they should have the inside track to the National Title. IMO.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Oct '07 21:37
    You can bash the Big Ten all you want but once in a while get some facts straight. (1) Michigan is ranked 9 places ahead of USC in the Computer part of the BCS. It actually makes sense. Stanford is as bad as Appalachean State and Michigan has played better teams. They also have played better more recently. (2) LSU is ranked #4 in the Computer part of the BCS (arizona state is ahead of them). The SEC year in and year out is a great conference but this year they all beat each other and have a 2-4 record against BCS confernce teams in out of conference games. Hardly domination. (3) Ohio State continually wins games. You seem to only count last years game against Florida. They are #1. They still have to play Wisconsin and Michigan and will as they deserve to play in the BCS game if they finish the season undefeated.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:18
    Originally posted by jofaz
    You can bash the Big Ten all you want but once in a while get some facts straight. (1) Michigan is ranked 9 places ahead of USC in the Computer part of the BCS. It actually makes sense. Stanford is as bad as Appalachean State and Michigan has played better teams. They also have played better more recently. (2) LSU is ranked #4 in the Computer part of the B ...[text shortened]... Michigan and will as they deserve to play in the BCS game if they finish the season undefeated.
    Are you joking??? Michigan got smashed by Oregon 39-7 at home while Oregon barely got by USC. Michigan hasn't played anybody but hapless Big Ten teams and even worse Notre Dame. If it "makes sense" to you that Michigan is ranked 9 positions higher than a team that would demolish it (as they did last year) I suggest you check yourself in to the nearest mental institution.

Ohio State plays a pathetic out of conference schedule and wins in the lousy Big Ten. They're no1 because of a popularity contest and will get blown off the field if they make it to the BCS Championship by any of a dozen SEC, Big 12 or Pac-10 teams. Year after year the Big Ten loses the majority of its bowl games yet people like you keep pretending it's a powerhouse conference. Nonsense.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:30

You lose to a non-division I squad AT HOME, then get smashed by Oregon AT HOME and then because you run off a winning streak against Big Ten patsies you rise to #12????? The clowns with the funny helmets have still only played two road games, against pathetic Northwestern (which lost to otherwise winless Duke AT HOME)and ...[text shortened]... f Arizona State wins this week at Oregon, they deserve #1.

Let the howling begin.
    Agreed. The Big Ten is weak. Michigan is weak. The BCS is weak.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:31
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Are you referring to the popularity contest some call the BCS? This affinity for certain schools surprises you?

Regarding Arizona State, I really believe that both Ohio State and LSU are better teams that A State. LSU, may be the best in the country. Kansas is very good, but they won't hang with the big boys. They have the benefit of a soft schedule. ...[text shortened]... erge victorious from the SEC and they should have the inside track to the National Title. IMO.
    Do you base your opinions on any facts at all? Ohio State's non-conference schedule is every bit as soft as Kansas' (they even struggled against Akron which is a below par MAC team while Kansas crushed first place Central Michigan). LSU lost a game so they don't belong in a discussion of the best teams in the country.

How could Michigan possibly be a top five team with two such embarrassing losses at home??
  7. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:32
    Who decides the top ten then?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Oct '07 14:33
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Who decides the top ten then?
    Me in a just world.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Nov '07 04:26
    Do you base your opinions on any facts at all? Ohio State's non-conference schedule is every bit as soft as Kansas' (they even struggled against Akron which is a below par MAC team while Kansas crushed first place Central Michigan). LSU lost a game so they don't belong in a discussion of the best teams in the country.

How could Michigan possibly be a top five team with two such embarrassing losses at home??
    Yes I do base them on facts. Fact, great teams can play a bad game. Fact BC is not one of the best teams in the country. Fact, LSU lost one game and it was a fluke by a decent Kentucky team. Fact, Kansas is not good enough to win the National Championship, because they will not win their own conference championship. Fact, I don't root for any of the above mentioned teams and have no vested interest in who wins it all. Fact, the two best teams in the country are Ohio State and LSU, IMO!!!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 04:53
    Are you joking??? Michigan got smashed by Oregon 39-7 at home while Oregon barely got by USC. Michigan hasn't played anybody but hapless Big Ten teams and even worse Notre Dame. If it "makes sense" to you that Michigan is ranked 9 positions higher than a team that would demolish it (as they did last year) I suggest you check yourself in to the nearest me ...[text shortened]... its bowl games yet people like you keep pretending it's a powerhouse conference. Nonsense.
    I think you are overlooking something here. Coach Tressel at OSU is approaching legendary status if not there already. He has had but a short tenure and has already beaten the only consistently good team in the Big Ten who is Michigan something like 5 out of 6 times and has been in two NC games while winning one in 2002. Today he set a Big Ten record by beating Big Ten teams 20 some consecutive games in a row. He has consistantly been in the top ten every single year while at the helm at OSU. I say give credit where credit is due.....of coarse that would mean giving up your bias against the Big Ten would'nt it? So tell me, if OSU does the unthinkable and wins out including the NC game, will you finally give credit where credit is due or will you treat it as you do the 2002 NC win by merely dismissing it as though it never happened?
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 15:52

Let the howling begin.
    Holy cow!! Arizona State and Boston College both lose...same weekend. They must have been pretenders. Well, I guess Hawaii should be #2 in the polls now since the Rainbows and the Buckeyes are now the only undefeated teams in the nation. Yeah right!!! LSU wins against a ranked Alabama team, and they are still better than Oregon. OSU vs LSU looks like the matchup at this point....still.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 22:16
    Holy cow!! Arizona State and Boston College both lose...same weekend. They must have been pretenders. Well, I guess Hawaii should be #2 in the polls now since the Rainbows and the Buckeyes are now the only undefeated teams in the nation. Yeah right!!! LSU wins against a ranked Alabama team, and they are still better than Oregon. OSU vs LSU looks like the matchup at this point....still.
    Agreed. Assuming OSU and LSU win out they will meet in the NC no matter how other teams like Oregon play. Oregon could win the rest of their games 100 to nothing against ranked teams and still not make it to the big dance.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 23:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Agreed. Assuming OSU and LSU win out they will meet in the NC no matter how other teams like Oregon play. Oregon could win the rest of their games 100 to nothing against ranked teams and still not make it to the big dance.
    Guess the BCS voters keep ducking them!! 😀
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 12:27
    Like most of the coaches and sportswriters, you're ignoring Kansas. But if (a Big IF) Hawaii winds up as one of the two (or the only) undefeated team(s) in Division I, then they would deserve to play in the championship game as Boise State deserved to last year.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 12:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why exactly would an undefeated Kansas, which would have to beat both Missouri and presumably Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship game, be overlooked in favor of LSU?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree