1. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    08 Dec '07 03:16
    Originally posted by Ramned
    but what about my other points? Under any case, OSU had #44 ranked difficulty (that is to say, 43 teams had a harder schedule! Including, LSU, MO, WVU, VT, OK, GA, FL, etc, etc.)

2 - The BCS is biased. Coaches do not vote accurately as they could objectively. Take the Georgia coach for example, who stated that he ranked his team #2 and OSU #1. He later sai ...[text shortened]... you can argue all of those points, then I'll change my mind. As of now I say to hell with BCS.
    I don't think any system could properly sort out which of 242 teams (how many teams are there, anyway?) is the "national champion" between September and January. The NCAA should create an elite division, with Div-1 schools having to earn their way in to bump the elite teams with the worst records.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 21:48
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Now, the only fair system is that Hawaii decides who plays them and when. Because ESPN and Hawaii want to kick off their season in the Big House, Michigan has to alter its schedule. I am glad they told ESPN and Hawaii to stick it. More teams should. I am tired of ESPN dictating schedule.
    Michigan had an open date but choose to fill it with a Division 1-AA opponent rather than Hawaii. Hilariously enough, they managed to lose anyway.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 21:52
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I think most scouts have him fourth behind Brohm, Ryan and also Andre Woodson. Even Dixon is higher on some lists.
    Most of those rankings were pre-season or at least a month old. If Colt has a big day in the Sugar Bowl, I think he might be the first QB picked though a lot of scouts like Ryan and Brohm. Colt's arrest a few years ago also hurts him in a bit in the new, "Big Brother" NFL.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 14:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Michigan had an open date but choose to fill it with a Division 1-AA opponent rather than Hawaii. Hilariously enough, they managed to lose anyway.
    Michigan already had Notre Dame and Oregon as out of conference games on their September schedule. No one knew that the only teams Notre Dame could beat no one except Pac-10 teams. There is no geographic/ historical/ former coach connection or any connection why Michigan should be obligated to play Hawaii this year.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 14:48
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Michigan already had Notre Dame and Oregon as out of conference games on their September schedule. No one knew that the only teams Notre Dame could beat no one except Pac-10 teams. There is no geographic/ historical/ former coach connection or any connection why Michigan should be obligated to play Hawaii this year.
    I don't understand; I thought you guys all agreed that the WAC is a terrible conference; therefore, Michigan should have been happy to get such an easy win opening day! Hawaii's been playing Big Ten teams under June Jones and they were supposed to play Michigan State (which backed out of a scheduled game and had to pay Hawaii $250,000).

Anyway, it's put the lie to all the claims that Hawaii won't schedule any tough teams; they will, if the other teams have the ballsz to play them.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 18:30
    Hawaii did not play anyone. It really does not matter what they would have done. It is idiotic to think that Michigan was obligated to play them if they were never on their schedule they already had Oregon and Notre Dame on their schedule. One of the reasons I would limit bowl games to the big 6 conferences is so I wouldn't hear what idiotic arguements about what a team like Hawaii would have done. Join a big time conference, play the same set of teams as the big boys or stop complaining.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 18:35
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Hawaii did not play anyone. It really does not matter what they would have done. It is idiotic to think that Michigan was obligated to play them if they were never on their schedule they already had Oregon and Notre Dame on their schedule. One of the reasons I would limit bowl games to the big 6 conferences is so I wouldn't hear what idiotic arguements ab ...[text shortened]... e. Join a big time conference, play the same set of teams as the big boys or stop complaining.
    Blah, Blah, blah. You wouldn't hear arguments about how Hawaii would have done against Michigan if the guys with the silly helmets had had the nuts to play the Warriors, would ya?

2004: Utah crushes Big East Champ Pitt in a BCS Bowl Game.

2006: Boise State stuns Big 12 Champ Oklahoma (on a Statute of Liberty play!) in a BCS Bowl Game.

Last I checked, every Division I team wasn't required or allowed to play in an automatic bid BCS conference. March Madness works pretty well giving mid-majors a shot at the title; how come you folks are sooooooooooooooooo scared to do the same in football?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree