BCS Insanity

BCS Insanity

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 07

Originally posted by Red Night
No doubt that a team with three losses shouldn't be in the NC game, but realistically how many SEC teams could beat both Mizzou and WVU?

Quick count:

LSU
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Auburn
Arkansas

Maybe even Kentucky?
Yes and last year you said Ohio State and Michigan would wind up 1-2 after they defeated Florida and USC in their bowl games.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
30 Nov 07

Colin Cowherd picking....right now

Oklahoma over Missouri

Tennesse over LSU

Arizona State over Arizona

VA Tech over Boston College

USC over UCLA

I am not sure about the Missouri/Oklahoma game...I know the sooners are favored but that pick bothers me...as well as that Tennesse/LSU game...not too sure about his views on that one.

All the others sound pretty good.

Dave

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Nov 07

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Colin Cowherd picking....right now

Oklahoma over Missouri

Tennesse over LSU

Arizona State over Arizona

VA Tech over Boston College

USC over UCLA

I am not sure about the Missouri/Oklahoma game...I know the sooners are favored but that pick bothers me...as well as that Tennesse/LSU game...not too sure about his views on that one.

All the others sound pretty good.

Dave
Oklahoma beat mizzou earlier this year...it could happen again which would put Ohio State in the title game again.

I'm a Michigan fan and not an Ohio State fan, but it is interesting that the OSU fans aren't running around talking about a potential National Title...in some ways they may have an easier road this year than last.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
30 Nov 07

Oklahoma beat mizzou earlier this year...it could happen again which would put Ohio State in the title game again.

I'm a Michigan fan and not an Ohio State fan, but it is interesting that the OSU fans aren't running around talking about a potential National Title...in some ways they may have an easier road this year than last.
Colin just said that Les Miles will be the head coach of our Maize and Blue by Monday.

Needless to say I listen to sports radio all day...so much better than watching the same crap on espn all day...although this is espn radio.

I knew Colin when i lived in Portland oregon...and he really is the best on the radio.

Still don't ever understand why they gave Mike Tirico the slot after him when Dan Patrick left...Scott Van Pelt was the best choice.

HOLY CRAP!

3 people were just detained over the death of redskins Taylor...just broke!

Dave

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
30 Nov 07

Originally posted by nmdavidb
Colin just said that Les Miles will be the head coach of our Maize and Blue by Monday.

Needless to say I listen to sports radio all day...so much better than watching the same crap on espn all day...although this is espn radio.

I knew Colin when i lived in Portland oregon...and he really is the best on the radio.

Still don't ever understand why the ...[text shortened]... LY CRAP!

3 people were just detained over the death of redskins Taylor...just broke!

Dave
I'm glad to be rid of Carr...do you think Miles is the right guy?

I love ESPN sports radio.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
30 Nov 07

I'm glad to be rid of Carr...do you think Miles is the right guy?

I love ESPN sports radio.
Well I wanted Car to be gone a few years ago and us get Hawkins from Boise State...he is imho...the best coach in the NCAA...but of course he ended up going to my state's school in Boulder...where he walked into a nightmare but is actually turning the program around.

Les Miles is a wolverine...and he can coach...and is kicking butt at LSU...but i would rather have someone younger.

Harbaugh...another wolverine is turning around Stanford...after Hawkins left Boise State he left Peterson in charge and he is pretty good too.

I don't know...but right now i would settle for the Pillsbury Dough Boy if it got Carr out.

The spread offense is the future and old school just can't stand up to it.

So if we get Les Miles...I am all for it...we can't do any worse.

Wait...that is what Notre Dame said...hehehehe

Dave

w

Moves
01 Dec 07

Hey so who do you guys believe to be a good heismann frontrunner (besides colt Brennan)! I went to the Oregon UCLA game this past weekend, and its def interesting how much worse Oregon is without Dixon. So for me personally Dixon, hands down has to be the front runner for the heismann. But McFadden has also been very impressive. Who do you guys believe in?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
01 Dec 07

Oklahoma should beat Mizzou tomorrow.

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by weirdboy120
Hey so who do you guys believe to be a good heismann frontrunner (besides colt Brennan)! I went to the Oregon UCLA game this past weekend, and its def interesting how much worse Oregon is without Dixon. So for me personally Dixon, hands down has to be the front runner for the heismann. But McFadden has also been very impressive. Who do you guys believe in?
I think Mcfadden out of Arkansas should win it...I do agree with you on Dixon while he was healthy...he single handedly it seemed tore my Michigan boys apart.

Kinda like Vince Young did to us in the Rose Bowl a few years ago.

I have the bad feeling though the Tim Tebow from Florida is gonna get it. He is good...but only a sophmore and they have always gone bad on underclassmen.

I will never forget watching Marshall Faulk run for over 2000 yards as a freshman for San Diego State and he barely even got votes.

I vote for McFadden though...he is phenomenal and i hope denver trades up to draft him.

Dave

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
01 Dec 07

What's the spread on that?

Dave

w

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by weirdboy120
Dixon, hands down. However, he got hurt. Can he still win the Heisman? I don't think so. :'(

w

Moves
01 Dec 07

Oklahoma BETTER beat Mizzou!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

w

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

I'm a Michigan fan and not an Ohio State fan, but it is interesting that the OSU fans aren't running around talking about a potential National Title...in some ways they may have an easier road this year than last.[/b]
I am an Ohio State fan and I am going around talking about the NC. You are right, however, in that there seem to be many fans who would rather go to the Rose Bowl than go to New Orleans, but I just look at them in dismay. 😲 I feel like shaking them and screaming, "What's wrong with you!!" I guess I can understand it for two reasons, however. The first reason is a simple one. People would rather visit Pasadena than the Big Easy. It's just a nicer vacation, it is a nicer place to visit. Secondly, there remains a mistique surrounding the Rose Bowl. It used to be called the grandaddy of all Bowls and it was everyones goal to make it there, but now with the BCS changes its just another bowl, unless it is for the NC, that is.

For me, however, it goes beyond these reasons that are plain to see. USC is on fire right now and they are healthy for the first time. In effect, they are the best team in college football. Why would I then want to face them with yet another possible humiliation like last year when I can sit back and enjoy a win against WVU with a NC win to boot? I would then have to here more ramblings from people like no1 about how pathetic OSU is even though they are no doubt a top 10 ranked school. I just don't know where they should be ranked in the top ten.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
I am an Ohio State fan and I am going around talking about the NC. You are right, however, in that there seem to be many fans who would rather go to the Rose Bowl than go to New Orleans, but I just look at them in dismay. 😲 I feel like shaking them and screaming, "What's wrong with you!!" I guess I can understand it for two reasons, however. The first r ...[text shortened]... oubt a top 10 ranked school. I just don't know where they should be ranked in the top ten.
West Virginia is an even worse matchup for OSU than USC. Williams from Illinois was the only running QB you faced and he killed you. Imagine what White will do! I think most OSU fans know after the Illinois game this year and the debacle in the Championship game last year that their team is likely to get embarrassed again and it's always easy to cry that you lost the Rose Bowl because it's a "home" game for the Pac-10.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 07
1 edit

No doubt that a team with three losses shouldn't be in the NC game, but realistically how many SEC teams could beat both Mizzou and WVU?

Quick count:

LSU
Florida
Georgia
Tennessee
Auburn
Arkansas

Maybe even Kentucky?
This list is typical idiocy from you. Mississippi State finished 4-4 in the SEC and beat both Auburn and Kentucky (in a blowout) on the road. W,Virginia beat them by 25. Possibly LSU and Georgia would be slight favorites against West Virginia on a neutral site (maybe not) but a victory by any of the others would be an upset. W. Virginia started the season ranked #3 in the polls and has been solid all year except for all the turnovers in the loss to South Florida.