Beckham to  LA

Beckham to LA

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Jan 07

The international herald tribune is reporting $250,000,000 over five years including an endorsement package managed by creative artists.

They've been saying this was going to happen for years, but I thought we were still a year away.

Good to have Becks playing in the US. He should be well received and happy here.

I haven't been this excited since the day the Kaiser signed with the Cosmos. Not as big a deal as the Pele signing, but better than when Best signed with the old LA franchise.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by kirksey957
It's really amazing. Katie Couric was reporting on this tonight and you would have thought she was riding a Sybian while talking about him.
😵

😀😀😀😀

c

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by invigorate
$250 million ove 5 years. Someone has got more money than sense. - (and i'm not talking about david)
I was just watchingESPN and they said he is playing for Galaxy

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
12 Jan 07

Who is hotter: Kate Middleton or Posh Spice? I say Kate Middleton.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
12 Jan 07

Who's got more cash Prince William or David Beckham?

Both are overdrawn when it comes to Carisma

E
YNWA

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by invigorate
$250 million ove 5 years. Someone has got more money than sense. - (and i'm not talking about david)
What a fool! He could have had it all, but now he's blown it:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18122006/356/sam-love-sign-becks.html

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Jan 07

It's a great move for Becks. Lets face it, he's on the downside of his carreer. As long as he can stay healthy, he'll be a superstar in the US. (He probably won't be the best player in the league, but he will become the icon for the sport in the US.) Tons of commerical endorsements, movie deals,... Like Pele before him this is a way to cash in on his celebrity in the rest of the world by infiltrating the worlds most lucrative market. (Heck, pele couldn't even speak much Englis hand he got a movie deal starring along side Sylvester Stallone and Michael Cane. Becks will be huge in LA.)

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by darvlay
That must be a lie. LA doesn't even have a football team. They moved to St. Louis years ago.
You really crack me up some times. 😵😵😵😵

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
12 Jan 07

Who is going to watch him in the US. Soccer isn't on the the top of the sports food chain here in the US. Now as for his hottie wife that's another subject.

E
YNWA

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by slimjim
Who is going to watch him in the US. Soccer isn't on the the top of the sports food chain here in the US. Now as for his hottie wife that's another subject.
Then:

http://www.mtv.com/news/images/s/spice_posh990304.gif

and now:

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2003/11/paul_photos_teaser.jpg

r

Moves
12 Jan 07

let's just hope he doesnt have to take any penalties for the team

R
On a wave

Cornwall

Moves
12 Jan 07

His wife is rather pathetic, Victoria beckham has been hanging on to his shirt tails from the off, and any opportunity arising she pouts for the camera in a desperate bid to fit in, O' how well she'll fit in over their, but you Americans seem to love all that so your welcome to her.

r

Moves
12 Jan 07

Originally posted by RONOC
His wife is rather pathetic, Victoria beckham has been hanging on to his shirt tails from the off, and any opportunity arising she pouts for the camera in a desperate bid to fit in, O' how well she'll fit in over their, but you Americans seem to love all that so your welcome to her.
What a very sad outlook you have on people.

Posh was in one, if not THE top girl bands in the world.

Yes, once the group split she struggled to make it by herself in the music industry but I think you will find she was the brains behind the outfit where the Beckhams have come from, whether it be her phoning the paparazzi to make sure they are in the limelight EVERY week or making both of them the most photographed couple in the world.

She maybe hanging onto the shirt tails but has a massive influence on how they act, where they are seen, who they talk to and the interviews they give.

I suggest you know a couple before you slag them off.

s

Moves
12 Jan 07

Well ....... I guess Real Madrid is finished now

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Jan 07

I can't understand Beckham's decision to go to the US.... not when our Neil was willing to take him on loan for a month.... he'd have looked good in red and white stripes!