Moves
    22 May '07 06:01
    The Best Players: Manager Sir Alex Ferguson

Peter Schmeichel
    Gary Neville Japp Stam John Terry Dennis Irwin
    Steven Gerrard Roy Keane Ryan Giggs
    Wayne Rooney
    Eric Cantona Thierry Henry

The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations).

Manager: Rafa Beneithus

Pepe Reina
    Steve Finnan Jamie Carragher Kalo Toure Ashley Cole
    David Beckham Xavi Alonso Cese Fabregas Harry Kewell
    Dirk Kuyt El Hadji Doufe
  2. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 07:31
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

Peter Schmeichel
    Wayne Rooney

The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations) ...[text shortened]... Beckham Xavi Alonso Cese Fabregas Harry Kewell
    Dirk Kuyt El Hadji Doufe
    Ridiculous post.

Biased and without any basis in fact. I notice Fletcher, O'Shea and Richardson are not in the overated list. They wouldn't even make the bench for Chelsea reserves.

Just because Utd aren't in the champions league final, no need to be so jealous.
  3. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 07:40
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Ridiculous post.

Biased and without any basis in fact. I notice Fletcher, O'Shea and Richardson are not in the overated list. They wouldn't even make the bench for Chelsea reserves.

Just because Utd aren't in the champions league final, no need to be so jealous.
    I'm sorry the question proposed by the post was maybe a little to subtle for you to understand.

Did you leave school at 16?

Anyway, I'll explain in more detail for you.

The overrated list is intended for players that have GREAT BIG REPUTATIONS but in reality have not delivered, get it?

So clearly Flecher, O'Shea and Richardson are not mentioned because nobody considers them to be top class players, they are bit part players at Manchester United, so how can they be considered as overrated?

Understand now?

If you wanted to attack Manchester United, I'll help you out.
    Mention players like Veron and Kleberson, get it?

As they say, ignorance is bliss, I guess?
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 08:58

Peter Schmeichel
    Wayne Rooney

The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations) ...[text shortened]... Beckham Xavi Alonso Cese Fabregas Harry Kewell
    Dirk Kuyt El Hadji Doufe
    Biased much? How old are you?
  5. LA
    Moves
    22 May '07 09:50
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Biased much? How old are you?
    Name a better 11 players than the 11 I posted.

The 11 overrated I will admit is difficult.
    You could add Veron, Ferdinand, just about every player Newcastle or Liverpool buys.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 10:28

You could add Veron, Ferdinand, just about every player Newcastle or Liverpool buys.
    My hypothetical team's better than your hypothetical team!
    Sorry, I'm not 13 anymore.
  7. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 10:52

Rooney and Cantona are both best in similar positions. You have a problem of balance in your side. Scholes/zola/beardsley etc would sit a little deeper/wider and allow Cantona to play. No Rooney until he grows up.

Pearce over Irwin, not as good defensively but with a team like that how is anyone going to get the ball.

I'd play Beckham as Right back as well! If it is my team, I want goals.

Sol Campbell at his peak was better than Terry and WAY better than Stam.

Pires over Giggs, Giggs misses too many sitters, is too left footed and his crosses often lack pace.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 May '07 11:13

Peter Schmeichel
    Wayne Rooney

Dirk Kuyt El Hadji Doufe
    You're clueless.

Carragher is a great defender. Toure's versatility is brilliant. Cole has had a bad season, but is a great player, and is the only person in the premiership who can consistently mark Ronaldo out of the game.

Fabregas is a kid, and probably the greatest young talent in the world today. His reputation is based on his massive potential.

D
  9. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    22 May '07 13:261 edit
    Cesc Fabregas as overrated? C'mon. The kid's not even 20 yet and the lynch pin of the Arsenal midfield. He may not be the best midfielder in the league, but there's no way he's overrated.
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:23
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Fabregas is a kid, and probably the greatest young talent in the world today.
    Is this how you spell overrated?
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    22 May '07 16:30
    Add to the best list: Stanley Matthews

Add to the top of the over-rated list: Rooney
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 May '07 19:16
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Is this how you spell overrated?
    What's your point, Palonka?

D
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 19:57
    What's your point, Palonka?

D
    That you're unable to see that by claiming Cesc is the "greatest young talent in the world" you're effectively strengthening the case for those that claim he is overrated.

But it goes quite well with the rest of your hyperbole-riddled posts.
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 May '07 21:25
    Originally posted by Palynka
    That you're unable to see that by claiming Cesc is the "[b]greatest young talent in the world" you're effectively strengthening the case for those that claim he is overrated.

But it goes quite well with the rest of your hyperbole-riddled posts.[/b]
    "The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations). "

You might want to reread Blue's subnote.

I stand by my appraisal of him. For an 18 year old to be able to command midfield, and with his passing vision, he will truly be outstanding.

As for the others, Carragher is mister consistency, and is one of the top 20 central defenders in the world. Carragher for me would be in the underrated section. Toure has played everywhere (well) for Arsenal. Despite me not liking him, I can't think of many left-backs in the world better than Cole.

I reckon that if you weren't just interested in having digs, you'd probably agree with my previous statement on Fabregas: "Fabregas is a kid, and probably the greatest young talent in the world today. His reputation is based on his massive potential.". But hey, whatever turns you on?

D
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 May '07 22:351 edit
    "The Most Over Rated Players (Players that are now where near as good as thier reputations). "

You might want to reread Blue's subnote.

I stand by my appraisal of him. For an 18 year old to be able to command midfield, and with his passing vision, he will truly be outstanding.

As for the others, Carragher is mister consistency, and is one of t tation is based on his massive [b]potential
    .". But hey, whatever turns you on?

D[/b]
    You don't seem to realize that the words greatest young talent in the world suffice.

As for his reputation, it's hardly for the greatest young talent in the world, but for a very good player with a good potential. That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

But please, keep trying to worm out of it as it all adds up to the entertainment value of your posts.

Edit: And obviously I don't agree with Fabregas being probably the greatest young talent in the world today.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree