1. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:40
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You don't have to justify yourself to somebody who exhibits the type of geographical and financial snobbery as Hopster.

His troll is based purely on the fact that we are Irish. I don't know whether he is generally a bigot, or it is just a poor attempt at banter, but it's ridiculous in the extreme, considering the basic premise of his rant is that only rich people can be true supporters.

D
    i think you have missed the point of his post
  2. 6yd box
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by jacko13
    i live in ireland. That means i have to book a flight any time i want to go to a game. You (if you live in England) have to hop on a train. The difference in price is enormous. It doesn't mean i amn't as avid a supporter as anyone else out there. I've supported United for as long as I can remember and they are my passion. I love my club. You should remember urrently one f the top sides doesn't mean that everyone who supports them is a gloryhunter
    how old are you?
    you say you have supported United all your life...if you are 13, so thats from 1999-2000?
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:48
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Would you say you were fickle?
    maybe, a bit... specially with girls
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 20:151 edit
    im not calling big club fans glory hunters. i wanted to know if winning against teams that have a fraction of the money that man u and chelsea have gives the fans pleasure.
    i guess, i was expecting somebody to say - yes i support man u and i wish we were the best team but i wish the playing field was more even

it seems winning is the important thing not how you do it.
  5. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 02:46
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    [b]United fans that I know get a massive buzz from winning the Premier League. Its far more important than the CL or FA Cup.
    I think you would like to match or beat Liverpool in both the title and CL stakes.
  6. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 02:48
    Please

get off your high horse and belt up.
    Your user name is about right.

No high horse. I am just posting what every fan of every club up and down the UK thinks. Including regular attendees of the big four.

How´s the armchair, comfy.
  7. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 02:56
    Originally posted by jacko13
    i live in ireland. That means i have to book a flight any time i want to go to a game. You (if you live in England) have to hop on a train. The difference in price is enormous. It doesn't mean i amn't as avid a supporter as anyone else out there. I've supported United for as long as I can remember and they are my passion. I love my club. You should remember ...[text shortened]... urrently one f the top sides doesn't mean that everyone who supports them is a gloryhunter
    I live in Chile now. Helluva engineering fleet to get the train to games. Dublin to Manchester is a piece of cake and there must be lots of people doing special trips for United fans. Booked well in advance I reckon Ryan Air to Manchester or Liverpool is cheaper than a train from London.

Supported means vocal support, getting behind your team when they need you to on the pitch. Shouting at the telly from some pub in Ireland doesn´t quite cut it. I don´t doubt your passion, but with modern chear air travel you should be able to make a game or two. If I was that passionate I would do so.

Being as my horse is particularly high, I will tell you that I took my Chilean born son to London to see Palace vs Inter, Palace vs Luton and Wolves vs Palace. The first was a pre season friendly. The flights weren´t 50 quid return either.
  8. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 02:59
    Originally posted by Doyle78
    Well put Jacko.
    Not particularly well put.

I will do some foraging around at the weekend and find some cheap deals for you both. I bet I can beat the standard rail fare from London to Manchester.

The problem for you is getting the tickets. Why, because of all the glory hunting cockney reds that fill the 74,000 seats at Old Trafford. your best bet is to watch Man Utd away and try and pick up a ticket in the home end.
  9. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 03:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You don't have to justify yourself to somebody who exhibits the type of geographical and financial snobbery as Hopster.

His troll is based purely on the fact that we are Irish. I don't know whether he is generally a bigot, or it is just a poor attempt at banter, but it's ridiculous in the extreme, considering the basic premise of his rant is that only rich people can be true supporters.

D
    More rubbish from Mr Know it All. Another poster who likes to comment on football and never goes.

It is not about money at all. Unfortunately football today is about high ticket prices. Alarmingly ticket prices seem to be more expensive than travel in many cases.

Still if you watch all your games on Sky Box Premium Plus it shouldn´t worry you so much.

It appears I was spot on about the amount of Big 4 glory hunters on here. Try going to a few games, its a great experience live. Stop making excuses about why you can´t go. If I loved a team as much as some on here purport to - 150 quid for a quality weekend to Manchester would be well worth the investment.

Your suggestion that I am trolling because you are Irish is laughable and shows the chip on your shoulder. A good mate of mine is Irish and has managed to accompany to many palace games around the country. A small stretch of the Irish see to cross over is hardly insummountable and Ireland is the economic miracle of the European Union, so many of you must have folding. Getting a ferry to Liverpool is another option.

Still I wouldn´t have expected to see many real football fans on a chess site. I hope your chess analysis is better than your footballs.
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 03:14
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i think you have missed the point of his post
    He is a smug idiot, who likes to play the racist card. Nowhere in my original post did I mention Irish supporters. In fact I doubt whether there are quiet so many Irish Chelsea supporters as Man Utd.

As for responding to the Irish posters, well it is not my fault they happen to be Irish. I am just pointing out that it can´t be that expensive in this day and age to fly. I mentioned none of this before he made his rather silly post.

He completely missed the point of my post, as unfortunately he chose to go on a rant. Probably to cover up the fact that he is one of the many thousands that have never or hardly ever visited Man Utd, but feel they are the gospel of all football knowledge.

The rest of us real football supporters can sit back and laugh at their poor attempts to justify themselves while treating their viewpoints with the disdain they deserve.

Fortunately, I can always come back to this thread and cut and paste his post to show him up in the future.
  11. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 03:16
    Spurs have it had in the return leg against PSV. How do you rate your chances?
  12. LA
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 05:51
    ROAB, I don't think watching on the TV counts 😉
    Listen my Welsh friend.
    I had a United season ticket for 6 years until I moved to America and when I didn't I could get tickets for any United games I wanted because I worked with the brother of an ex United player.
    All ex players get 7 tickets per game.

I've probably been to more United games in Wales than you've seen Liverpool play live at Anfield.
    Work that one out 😉

I've been to Anfield at least 50 times.
    I remember watching Dalglish's last season up front for Liverpool from the kop.
    The LFC fans boo'd him every time he got the ball he was playing that badly.
  13. LA
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 06:01
    Originally posted by Hopster
    I think you would like to match or beat Liverpool in both the title and CL stakes.
    Of course I would like Manchester United to pass Liverpool in the number of CL victories.

What I'm saying though is that getting more League Titles is much more important.
    When we reach their record of 18 league titles that will make Manchester United the most successful side in England because of out FA Cup wins.

Once we get to 19 Championships, then I'll be more interested in catching up on the number of CL trophies.
    Even then though, I'd pick winning the league over the CL every time.
  14. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 06:06
    Like many non-big club fans would you like the Champions League to revert back to the European Cup? League winners and last years Champions only.
  15. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 06:09
    ROAB. How´s exile. I manage to catch highlights of games and live audio commentary on the net. But Live games on TV in Chile depends on being in the Premier. Understandable I know. The last time Palace were relegated, I was miffed not so much for the relegation, but because I couldn´t catch the five games or so a season when we featured.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree