big club supporting

big club supporting

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Mar 08

do man u fans and chelsea fans still get a buzz when they win the premier league or any of the domestic cups? knowing that they have much bigger budgets than the other clubs, doesnt that spoil the fun. or are they happy just winning no matter what?

Moves
05 Mar 08

no man u, chelsea fans out there?

Santiago

Moves
05 Mar 08

Not any that actually go to games.

s

6yd box

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Hopster
LOL!!!!😵😵😵😵

NICE ONE....LOVE IT!

Santiago

Moves
06 Mar 08

Santiago

Moves
06 Mar 08

Santiago

Moves
06 Mar 08

It will probably upset the usual suspects on here.

Then we can all have an armchair debate about who has won the most trophies. As though that is what supporting a football team is all about.

Then we might get some good excuses like:

I live in Ireland.

I live 200 miles away and can´t go to games.
- well support your local team then
My uncle took me to Old Trafford when I was a kid.
- not one lie, but two.
My local team are rubbish.
- now we are getting somewhere you insecure glory hunter.

They also tend not to be anywhere near so fanatical when their team has lost. Usually coming out with the line, Oh I don´t really like football or I wasn´t following the match - what happened.

I particularly like the fact that whoever is the big clubs star player of the moment, is immediately the BEST player in the world.

Most of the non-attendees are still insecure 13 year olds.

None of this is aimed at those that support the big clubs and actually attend at least six games a year (or at least used).

BTW I have been to Old Trafford 12 times, Arsenal 6, Chelsea 6, Liverpool 5 among the 500 or so games I have attended in the flesh.

s

Moves
06 Mar 08

Then we can all have an armchair debate about who has won the most trophies. As though that is what supporting a football team is all about.

I live in Ireland.

My uncle too ...[text shortened]... times, Arsenal 6, Chelsea 6, Liverpool 5 among the 500 or so games I have attended in the flesh.
ehe
what's your club?
500 games? I think during my whole life I watched maybe 100 games... in television...
But I support you.. now everyone likes to support one of the "big clubs", when 90% of the time, they have no connection to them. Reason? maybe to annoy friends in school. Then it grows into them, and that's it. They support the club without a reason to start with.
As for me, I'm for a very small club. Why? Because it's MY town's club. Because I played there in juniors. Because they suck, but they're the greatest.
As for the 1st division clubs, I have 1-2 preferences. But if one of them loses, I really don't care. They don't mean anything to me.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
06 Mar 08

I live 6000 miles away so I can't make any games.
However I have seen Manchester United play live about 400 times, including the CL final in Barcelona in 1999.

United fans that I know get a massive buzz from winning the Premier League. Its far more important than the CL or FA Cup.

The standards are so high now that almost every week its a disaster in we draw a game because Chelsea or Arsenal can go on a 10 game winning run.

Also Manchester United have the extra incentive to get to 18 League Titles. currently we are on 16, when we get to 18 we match Liverpool, then when we hit 19, thats just going to be unthinkably awesome.

So each Premier League Title is very special.
We would like to win the CL, very much but it means nothing compared to winning the league over 38 games.

It actually is better than ever right now because there are 3 teams that are so strong, its a real competitive battle.
In the late 90's and early 2000, it wasn't as exciting because we usually had the league tied up by March.

AB

Moves
06 Mar 08

I live in Ireland.

My uncle too ...[text shortened]... times, Arsenal 6, Chelsea 6, Liverpool 5 among the 500 or so games I have attended in the flesh.
Please

get off your high horse and belt up.

AB

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I have seen Manchester United play live about 400 times
ROAB, I don't think watching on the TV counts 😉

AB

Moves
06 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by serigado
now everyone likes to support one of the "big clubs", when 90% of the time, they have no connection to them. Reason? maybe to annoy friends in school. But if one of them loses, I really don't care. They don't mean anything to me.
Would you say you were fickle?

j

Moves
06 Mar 08

i live in ireland. That means i have to book a flight any time i want to go to a game. You (if you live in England) have to hop on a train. The difference in price is enormous. It doesn't mean i amn't as avid a supporter as anyone else out there. I've supported United for as long as I can remember and they are my passion. I love my club. You should remember that there are people out there who've supported United for 40 years now. Through the good and the bad. Just cause the're currently one f the top sides doesn't mean that everyone who supports them is a gloryhunter

D

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by jacko13
i live in ireland. That means i have to book a flight any time i want to go to a game. You (if you live in England) have to hop on a train. The difference in price is enormous. It doesn't mean i amn't as avid a supporter as anyone else out there. I've supported United for as long as I can remember and they are my passion. I love my club. You should remember ...[text shortened]... urrently one f the top sides doesn't mean that everyone who supports them is a gloryhunter
Well put Jacko.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Mar 08

Originally posted by jacko13
i live in ireland. That means i have to book a flight any time i want to go to a game. You (if you live in England) have to hop on a train. The difference in price is enormous. It doesn't mean i amn't as avid a supporter as anyone else out there. I've supported United for as long as I can remember and they are my passion. I love my club. You should remember ...[text shortened]... urrently one f the top sides doesn't mean that everyone who supports them is a gloryhunter
You don't have to justify yourself to somebody who exhibits the type of geographical and financial snobbery as Hopster.

His troll is based purely on the fact that we are Irish. I don't know whether he is generally a bigot, or it is just a poor attempt at banter, but it's ridiculous in the extreme, considering the basic premise of his rant is that only rich people can be true supporters.

D