1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 19:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    How many times have I been to Old Trafford?
    You continue spouting shyte about how I never go to Old Trafford, but fail to answer a simple question, the answer of which is the basis of your entire continuing rant.

D
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 21:17
    Originally posted by Hopster
    Not particularly well put.

I will do some foraging around at the weekend and find some cheap deals for you both. I bet I can beat the standard rail fare from London to Manchester.

The problem for you is getting the tickets. Why, because of all the glory hunting cockney reds that fill the 74,000 seats at Old Trafford. your best bet is to watch Man Utd away and try and pick up a ticket in the home end.
    Im off to OT tomorrow mate so no need to do any foraging on my part but I appreciate the offer.

You are correct in that it isn t dificult or expensive to go to Man U games from Ireland. In fact it is quite cheap and can easily be done as a day trip.

However, you are wrong about tickets though. If you become a one united member, you can get a ticket for any game really via the Man U ticket exchange.

Furthermore, I dont think the fact that someone doesnt go to a live game makes them any less of a fan than the next person. Who are you or me for that matter to make assumptions about anyone?

Hope all well in Chile.
  3. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 22:04
    Cheers Doyle and thank you.

I simply see people who have never gone to games as followers of a team and not supporters. For many supporters this is a clear definition. Support is financial and/or vocal.

How much are the day trips to United matches in your experience. A long day, certainly.

Have a good day tomorrow and get behind your team.
  4. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 22:06
    I don´t know, tell me how many times?

If it is a number or even once then my posts don´t apply to you do they. It´s called reading comprehension.

Please respond with an honest answer.
  5. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 22:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You continue spouting shyte about how I never go to Old Trafford, but fail to answer a simple question, the answer of which is the basis of your entire continuing rant.

D
    No it is not. I am generalising. Whether or not you have been to Old Trafford is not the basis for my entire argument. Unless you see yourself as particularly deserving of my special attention.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 22:26
    Micheal O Leary is a smart man and as a result flights to Manchester generally go through the roof when they coincide with a Man U home game.

However, there are loads of other options. You can fly to Liverpool and get train to manchester.

The cheapest way is fly to East Midlands and rent a car for day. Four of us have done this a few times and it costs no more than 100 euro plus your ticket price and youre back in Dublin by 8 o clock for pints in town.

The ticket exchange has made tickets much more accessible so with careful and early planning flights to manchester can be got for around 150E or so

Im off to bed...early flight tomorrow!
  7. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 22:37
    Out of interest how much are the tickets through the ticket exchange.

Glad to seeyou can fly to Liverpool, I was given the impression on this thread that it was a very great distance indeed from Manchester.

I hope you have a dedicated driver from and especially to East Midlands airport.
  8. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 10:32
    Originally posted by Doyle78

However, there are loads of other options. You can fly to Liverpool and get train to manchester and youre back in Dublin by 8 o clock for pints in town.

!
    I did hear that the flight was delayed for about 3 hours once after someone stole the wheels............I'll get my coat!
  9. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 10:36
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do man u fans and chelsea fans still get a buzz when they win the premier league or any of the domestic cups? knowing that they have much bigger budgets than the other clubs, doesnt that spoil the fun. or are they happy just winning no matter what?
    I think that supporters of lessor clubs get a much greater buzz out of even getting to a semi than those who follow the big 4 when they win something.

We have to 'suck up' years of crap before something good happens so it means that much more when we do.

The fans of barnsley and cardiff will be in raptures now.
  10. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 10:37
    I have to say I've met hopster and his boy and he's a decent chap. Never saw any horse though!!!

😀
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 13:42
    Originally posted by Grandmaster bater
    I think that supporters of lessor clubs get a much greater buzz out of even getting to a semi than those who follow the big 4 when they win something.

We have to 'suck up' years of crap before something good happens so it means that much more when we do.

The fans of barnsley and cardiff will be in raptures now.
    GOOD POINT... but the problem is even when we win something.. the so called supporters of the big 4 are such sore losers.

Man U, chelsea liverpool and Arsenal have all gone to the league up finals in the last 5 years, only arsenal and liverpool failed to come away with the winners medal, yet the cr*p i have had to take from their so called supporters after Spurs win is just unbelieveable.

Saying how they dont care about the league cup, how its a worthless cup, only their reserves play in them, they are more concerned in winning the Prem league and Champions league...

Yet these same so called supporters are more then happey when their team makes the final of the league cup. 2005 - liverpool .v. chelsea
    2006 Wigan .v. man U, 2007 Chelsea .v. Arsenal
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '08 16:59
    Originally posted by spurs73
    GOOD POINT... but the problem is even when we win something.. the so called supporters of the big 4 are such sore losers.

Man U, chelsea liverpool and Arsenal have all gone to the league up finals in the last 5 years, only arsenal and liverpool failed to come away with the winners medal, yet the cr*p i have had to take from their so called supporters afte ...[text shortened]... of the league cup. 2005 - liverpool .v. chelsea
    2006 Wigan .v. man U, 2007 Chelsea .v. Arsenal
    Thank yuo. Someone agrees at last.

Most big 4 fans will buff up the Carling Cup when they win it and slag it off if they go out early

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree