1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:51
    Thankfully for FIFA, Germany scored twice in the second half (although both were on counterattacks and one never knows if they'd have been scored in a 2-2 game). But in this sport, where goals as SOOOO big, how can they blindly not take advantage of something that would help actually get these calls right??

It just doesn't make any sense. Every North American sport now has replay. If not in regular matches, at least do it in the World Cup.

How much longer are fans going to put up with these terribly blown calls?

I don't get it.
  2. Internet
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 19:24
    Make a facebook group.
  3. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:37
    Originally posted by sh76
    Thankfully for FIFA, Germany scored twice in the second half (although both were on counterattacks and one never knows if they'd have been scored in a 2-2 game). But in this sport, where goals as SOOOO big, how can they blindly not take advantage of something that would help actually get these calls right??

It just doesn't make any sense. Every North America ...[text shortened]...
    How much longer are fans going to put up with these terribly blown calls?

I don't get it.
    Buy high quality cameras for every football stadium in every third world country and then FIFA might consider changing the rules of the game to suit you.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:40
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Buy high quality cameras for every football stadium in every third world country and then FIFA might consider changing the rules of the game to suit you.
    That's a crap excuse from Blatter.

Fair enough not every backwater league can afford it but they could easily do it for all these multi-million pound earning international matches that are played in multi-million pound stadiums
  5. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:40
    After two more crappy referees I am forced to agree with sh. Everyone in the stadium knew it was offside, they all saw the replay. The ref went to talk with the assistant and he knew what the replay had shown but I bet he didn't want to act on it, because he git the info from the TV.
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 20:46
    First I would ask that we include extra officials behind the goals like they did in the Europa league. (This could actually happen as soon as the next world cup.)

Then, if that isn't satisfying everybody, knock FIFAs doors down and demand cameras and a limited number of appeals for their use per team per game.

Baby steps.

People will still be complaining about something no matter what they do.
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    How?
  9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:30

10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:43
    Slight technical problem. Since the rule maintains that the entire ball must go through instead of just breaking the plane it is not so simple. Cameras for video evidence could solve the problem once and for all. Technology you suggest would work for offside. If they limit these technologies for big time matches then adapt these as technology comes down in price FIFA could do away with the bad calls at various levels.
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:471 edit

12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 21:50
    easier to put a few little cameras up i'm sure, cheaper as well. think about how many balls are used in a match even if it was possible.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 01:541 edit
    Why not just let a ref watch a replay? Wouldn't that be simpler?
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 01:59
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why not just let a ref watch a replay? Wouldn't that be simpler?
    Always clouding arguments with reason! Indeed that's easiest. Have a challenge system like college or the NFL. Little net cams like in hockey would go a long way. However, putting offside sensors on players makes sense or doing away with all but the most glaring offside infractions. Yet today's was about the worst I've seen in years. All I can surmise is that linesman failed to see that Tevez headed it in and likely thought Messi's shot went in directly. Messi was onside.
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 03:26
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    or don't play the world cup in third world nations that can't afford a digital video camera

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree