1. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 23:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Wow.

Just reading this makes me wonder just what ELSE you have no clue about.
    Yeah, what else? Tell us. Inquiring minds want to know?
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 03:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Let me see, because you don't believe you think that makes it fact? You really are from Philly, aren't you? You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on your dumb ass!! At least your wife displays some signs of intelligence because she backs the Steelers and not the Eagles.
    Tremendously weak. I'm embarrassed for you.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 04:421 edit
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    The Pittsburgh Steelers can go die in a fire, I'm rooting for the Cards to win. I haven't counter them out though i don't like their odds. However, nobody thought they were going to make it this far. At the beginning of the playoffs they had 40:1 odds and were thought to be the first team out of it. I believe Pitts may just think they have this wrapped an ...[text shortened]... get surprised with the game of their lives. Super Bowl XVIII may just turn out to be an epic.
    I think it all comes down to defense. People simply do not take into consideration a teams defense as much as they do their offense. Ironically, however, a good defense I think has been proven to be of more benefit. In addition, offensively, I think the Steelers have enough spark to get the job done. In short, the steel curtain shall prevail.
  4. Standard memberpopawhele
    S7eeler
    U.S.
    Moves
    28 Jan '09 06:35
    Defense is the key! Football is about field position and defense is the key to good field position. Next is Sp. teams; punters and kickers. Clearly Pittsburg has the edge in both. The Cards are running on a emotional high but it all stops when the game starts. If the Cards can block the Steelers LB's from getting pressure on Warner then they have a shot, but without a running game which no one runs on the STEELERS it's going to be game over. Steelers 23 -17
  5. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 16:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think it all comes down to defense. People simply do not take into consideration a teams defense as much as they do their offense. Ironically, however, a good defense I think has been proven to be of more benefit. In addition, offensively, I think the Steelers have enough spark to get the job done. In short, the steel curtain shall prevail.
    The eagles had the third best defense in the league. They got after Warner all day and it didn't matter. Do you really think the Steelers can cover Fitzgerald and Boldin (assuming he's 100😵 and stop James? I'm not so sure. Plus, Warner plays very well against the blitz due to the quick release and the excellent hands of Fitzgerald and Boldin. I think Pittsburgh will win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Arizona pull off the upset.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 19:04
    Originally posted by dryhump
    The eagles had the third best defense in the league. They got after Warner all day and it didn't matter. Do you really think the Steelers can cover Fitzgerald and Boldin (assuming he's 100😵 and stop James? I'm not so sure. Plus, Warner plays very well against the blitz due to the quick release and the excellent hands of Fitzgerald and Boldin. I think Pittsburgh will win, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Arizona pull off the upset.
    The Steelers have the best defense in the league. I think they'll put enough pressure on Warner (who is immobile) that he'll make a few turnovers that they will capitalize on. The Arizona defense has played pretty well in the post season, but it really isn't that good. I think the Steelers will move rather easily on it. Cinderella usually doesn't win the big game in the NFL unless they have an excellent D, which the Cards don't.

Pittsburgh 31 Arizona 17
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 19:21
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Steelers have the best defense in the league. I think they'll put enough pressure on Warner (who is immobile) that he'll make a few turnovers that they will capitalize on. The Arizona defense has played pretty well in the post season, but it really isn't that good. I think the Steelers will move rather easily on it. Cinderella usually doesn't win the ...[text shortened]... less they have an excellent D, which the Cards don't.

Pittsburgh 31 Arizona 17
    My heart says YOUR RONG, my head says different.

P-
  8. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 03:13
    Realistic prediction in my opinion. I still want AZ to win but I'm also a realist. Troy Palamalu or however his name is spelled is gonna eat Warner for dinner.
  9. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 08:18
    how many times in recent years has an underdog won the superbowl? i think its a conspiracy, how did the patriots lose last year? with the type of season they where having and the numbers that brady and moss put up it was ridiculous. i just dont see how they could have lost that game, that was fishy?

does anyone agree?
  10. Joined
    17 Dec '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 14:06
    i have a conspiracy theory concerning the superbowl, check out this thread its about the 11th post.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=do_you_beleive_in_the_illuminati%3F&threadid=107535
  11. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 18:47
    Originally posted by Arrak
    how many times in recent years has an underdog won the superbowl? i think its a conspiracy, how did the patriots lose last year? with the type of season they where having and the numbers that brady and moss put up it was ridiculous. i just dont see how they could have lost that game, that was fishy?

does anyone agree?
    No
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 18:57
    i have a friend who is a big steelers fan so for probably the first time watching the SB i'm going to be hoping the favorite wins.

a lot of people have written this off as the worst SB match-up of the decade but i think it will be worth watching, not going to beat last years though.

defence rules

24-16 steelers
  13. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 23:20
    Originally posted by trev33
    i have a friend who is a big steelers fan so for probably the first time watching the SB i'm going to be hoping the favorite wins.

a lot of people have written this off as the worst SB match-up of the decade but i think it will be worth watching, not going to beat last years though.

defence rules

24-16 steelers
    Not bad Trev, but Iv'e got a feelling, a feeling down inside oh ya....Cards 34 Stellers21.
  14. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 03:18
    Living out here in Az this one hurts...but one hell of a ride
  15. Joined
    09 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 03:24
    Thank you Obama for the victory

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree