24 May '07 09:56
    Now that was cruel, Palynka, lol

🙂
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    24 May '07 13:011 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I'm actually surprised you let so many goals in considering you play with 9 in defense and Crouch up front, well not all the time, Rafa still does not seem to know his best starting 11.

Well you have a big war chest to buy new players.
    Start with 2 new strikers, 4 in midfield, probably add 4 new defenders and a goal keeper to the shopping list unting.

If you ever start to play attacking football you will start conceeding more goals.
    Blah, blah, blah. Back to the point muppet. So LFC's defence (the 2nd best in the Premiership - FACT) is or isn't good enough?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you could just say - "Yes, it appears that I Rooney Once a Blue the biggest numpty on the RHP sports forum was wrong again"?
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 14:20
    It will be much closer next season, I think only 10 points between the top 3 sides.

Chelsea are not as strong as you think.
    They really miis Drogba, like you pointed out.
    They also really missed Terry and Cech.
    They are also not the same side when Robben is out, I think they may have won the league had Robben been fit all season.

Manchest ...[text shortened]... ng AC Milan.

Hargreves will make United stronger and we will buy 2 more I think, so lets see.
    Good points. Park is quality, its just that when I see some great Man Utd players getting older, these are players who bleed utd. they are very hard to replace.

I remember that was the trouble with Souness and why he destroyed Liverpool, he lost (got rid of!) players who would die for their club. Fergie is way smarter than Souness, but still Time ticks away. Will the Utd spirit still be the same?
  4. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 May '07 14:25
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Blah, blah, blah. Back to the point muppet. So LFC's defence (the 2nd best in the Premiership - FACT) is or isn't good enough?

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you could just say - "Yes, it appears that I Rooney Once a Blue the biggest numpty on the RHP sports forum was wrong again"?
    Don't worry about the flak Angry boy!

I remember Nigel Short saying that if you want to find the next world champion, ask the current world champion who he feels is the most over rated youngster.

Fear and paranoia causes you to knock your greatest threat.

It is clear that Benitez is an awesome manager who builds great teams, that is why he annoys Jose so much.

Liverpool outplayed Milan, even the most biased Utd fan can't claim the same.

Benitez knows his best 11, it is the 11 that the other side can't play against. He was tactically right again but unlucky.
  5. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    24 May '07 15:57
    Liverpool were unlucky no question, they had the upper hand and against the run of play inzaghi got in the way of pirlo's free that reina had covered and scored
    this put livrpool on the back foot and we all know how defensive italians play and there's very few better than nesta and maldini
  6. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    24 May '07 19:521 edit
    Originally posted by John1916
    Liverpool were unlucky no question, they had the upper hand and against the run of play inzaghi got in the way of pirlo's free that reina had covered and scored
    this put livrpool on the back foot and we all know how defensive italians play and there's very few better than nesta and maldini
    Milan defense (considering their age) we're pretty impressive.
    Rafa could have exploited this a bit more last night considering the amount of quality posession we had last night.

Zenden saw alot of the ball in the first half, but couldn't do anything meaningful with it,
    Kewell, as his replacement was just as ineffective.
    Riise should have had the chance to push on more but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We done England proud last night considering everything.

No 4/8 -0 that some people we're predicting after Manure's pathetic performance in the San Siro.

YNWA
  7. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    24 May '07 19:56
    Forgot to mention Maldini

5 European cups is friggin awesome, but yet he isn't in most peoples top 20 all time best, influentcial players ever
  8. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    24 May '07 20:03
    Originally posted by millerman
    Forgot to mention Maldini

5 European cups is friggin awesome, but yet he isn't in most peoples top 20 all time best, influentcial players ever
    Maldini has won as many european cups as liverpool, milan only won one before he stated playing- how's that influnential
  9. Standard membermillerman
    Y.N.W.A
    Athens
    Moves
    24 May '07 20:52
    Originally posted by John1916
    Maldini has won as many european cups as liverpool, milan only won one before he stated playing- how's that influnential
    I remember watchin "Football Italia" on channel 4 in the early 90's and remembering Maldini and all the other guys that he played with.

I was born a red, but remember how much i enjoyed watching the Milan team with Maldini, Van Baston, Rickard, and not least Ruud Guillet.
    One of my favourite teams ever, just behind the Brazilian team with Zico etc....

Fair play to Maldini after the heartache of Istanbul...
  10. LA
    Moves
    25 May '07 07:21
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    Good points. Park is quality, its just that when I see some great Man Utd players getting older, these are players who bleed utd. they are very hard to replace.

I remember that was the trouble with Souness and why he destroyed Liverpool, he lost (got rid of!) players who would die for their club. Fergie is way smarter than Souness, but still Time ticks away. Will the Utd spirit still be the same?
    I was very worried about United 1 year ago, with all the players getting older and Keano leaving, it did not look good.

Fortunately over the last year the players (Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo and Carrick) have shown they are capable of producing consistent championship winning performances.

Add to this Rooney, Ferdinand, G Neville, Heinz and Saha.
    The older players Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar and Solskaar.
    Strong backup players in o'Shea, Brown, Flecher, Park, Silvesta and Richardson.
    And new players so far in Hargrieves and Foster.

The future looks very promising.
    We are also expecting to buy 2 or 3 more top quality players.

Its only really Giggs, Scholes and Van Der Sar that will fade out of the team over the next two years.

So Fergie looks like he has done it again when most people doubted him.
    We may not win the league next season but we look like we should be very competitive for the next 5 years.

Liverpool in the early 90's kept their players too long and I think that John Barnes was so amazing and talented that he disguized how bad the rest of the team had become. So when he left they suddenly had to find about 5 new players for the first team and no manager can produce that in 1 or 2 seasons.

Fergie is brave and lets the players go that can still do a job because he is superb at long term planning, eg, selling Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Butt and Stam for good money so he can bring in new players and keep things going.

His only real mistake was keeping Keano so long.
    He tried to replace him with potential like Kleberson and Jemba-Jemba and it cost us in midfield, we have only just recovered in midfield now with Hargrieves.

Liverpool, if they have a lot of money have a chance to finish much closer in the league, but its risky buyinng big.

Veron, Schevchenko..........
    Top scorer in Spain this season I think is Freddy Kanoute, last season it was Diego Forlan.

The close season buys are going to be very interesting and should make next season really exciting.

25m for Torres, all the big teams seem to be interested in him, but I think he is a big risk.
    Tevez is the one, he would make any of the top 4 sides in England better teams.
  11. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 May '07 11:39
    I was very worried about United 1 year ago, with all the players getting older and Keano leaving, it did not look good.

Fortunately over the last year the players (Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo and Carrick) have shown they are capable of producing consistent championship winning performances.

Add to this Rooney, Ferdinand, G Neville, Heinz and Saha. ...[text shortened]... s a big risk.
    Tevez is the one, he would make any of the top 4 sides in England better teams.
    All true, but Man utd's special strength is their passion on the field.

I remember Ginola losing the ball in a Newcastle match and just stopping. One commentator said that if Ginola was wearing a utd. shirt Fergie would kill him, the other commentator siad that he wouldn't have lived long enough to make it to see Fergie.
  12. LA
    Moves
    26 May '07 03:38
    Originally posted by petrosianpupil
    All true, but Man utd's special strength is their passion on the field.

I remember Ginola losing the ball in a Newcastle match and just stopping. One commentator said that if Ginola was wearing a utd. shirt Fergie would kill him, the other commentator siad that he wouldn't have lived long enough to make it to see Fergie.
    I take your point.

Hopefully then Roy Keane keeps on progressing as a manager.
    Only he could give United what you are talking about.
    I would love it if Fergie sort of took him on board and trained him up for a year, just before he retires.
  13. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 06:48
    I take your point.

Hopefully then Roy Keane keeps on progressing as a manager.
    Only he could give United what you are talking about.
    I would love it if Fergie sort of took him on board and trained him up for a year, just before he retires.
    I can't see Fergie being happy taking Keane on board to take over. Fergie's not going to announce a year in advance that he's going to leave again and I think Keane would rather walk in as a breath of fresh air. It'd be an uneasy relationship to say the least.
  14. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:30
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    That sounds deadly boring. I thought you rated AC Milan's scoring ability. Also, have you missed every final that Liverpool have taken part in this century? All of them were absolute must-see games for entertainment.
    "Must see games for entertainment".
    What planet are you on?
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 May '07 09:45
    Originally posted by 60sred
    "Must see games for entertainment".
    What planet are you on?
    LFC 2 Arsenal 1 FA Cup final 2001
    Chelsea 3 LFC 2 League Cup final 2005
    LFC 3 AC Milan 3 Champions League final 2005
    LFC 3 West Ham 3 FA Cup final 2006

These games weren't entertaining then? What planet are YOU on? The last 2 have been described by many as the possibily the best ever finals of their respective competitions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree